Did kaepernick show poor sportsmanship?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I read a headline that basically had MM or Capers (forget who) saying "Thanks Joe Webb for giving us the blueprint to beat Kaepernick"

I knew right away we were likely going to be in a world of **** on Sunday
Don't remember that quote...

Saturday.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite a classy forum Packers fans have here. Just spent some time at the Falcons forum and can't believe how opposite it is to this place. You guys are awesome.
I too miss the days of not having a whole dance routine choreographed anytime you do your job correctly. Just handing the ball to the ref is fine and act like you've been there before.

BTW for a good laugh try this place. The subject isn't what's funny but the reasoning, or lack of it- http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3968574-colin-kaapernik-is-not-as-good-as-russell-wilson/

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Quite a classy forum Packers fans have here. Just spent some time at the Falcons forum and can't believe how opposite it is to this place. You guys are awesome.
I too miss the days of not having a whole dance routine choreographed anytime you do your job correctly. Just handing the ball to the ref is fine and act like you've been there before.

BTW for a good laugh try this place. The subject isn't what's funny but the reasoning, or lack of it- http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3968574-colin-kaapernik-is-not-as-good-as-russell-wilson/
Wow, actually curious to see what the Wisconsin guys say. I'll take Kaep.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This!

IMO, the defence needs a new voice, and a new attitude. they are too soft, finesse, and rely too much on takeaways, instead of being able to actually stop a team from moving the ball.

After the game against the Niners, it is just time for a change.
THAT ^^^^, except for the "c" in (defense)

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about spiking the ball after TDs. But I didn't appreciate him getting in whoevers face after one of his TDs. I wasn't livid that he did it but I also wasn't happy.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What player does not gloat or have a "dance""? What about Rodgers TD discount double check SB belt move? Or the old Gravedigger move? Or . . .
Either allow it all or ban it all. Banning it all would take away from the whole sport I think.

We all know the sure way to stop the other team from doing it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I felt worse about Clay Matthew's pathetic stripper dance after sacking Jay Cutler than Collin's unsportsmanlike penalty for spiking the ball. The kid was lighting up the team that many picked to win the Super Bowl, in his first ever playoff game. He was cocky and excited. I expect more from that generation but understand that they grew up idolizing this type of behavior on ESPN. It's how it is these days

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Good luck to your team. 49ers are a classy organization. Always have been. My only problem with your team is that I think a) they are the better team, and b) they are here to stay for a while. And, that's not good for my Packers.

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck to your team. 49ers are a classy organization. Always have been. My only problem with your team is that I think a) they are the better team, and b) they are here to stay for a while. And, that's not good for my Packers.
Thanks! I'm sure the Packers will make the changes needed to get back to the SB. As long as AR is throwing passes for Green Bay they have a very good chance to make things happen in the playoffs.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a fan perspective; I think most of us still remember and in a lot of ways cling dearly to the Montana and Young days. For a long time we were used to a certain standard at QB and I think we expect that tradition to continue.

I know the area of CA that he was raised in, so I can understand the ghetto undertones of some of his behavior... Even the way he talks, but I dunno... I'd personally like to see him be as professional as possible. Those men aren't Vikings doing battle in life or death scenarios, they're professionals playing a sporting game.

7Squared

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Celebrations are part of the game now. Kaep is just young, and excited to be starting in the NFL, and actually doing really good. One guy who I think has absolutely no sportsmanship is Richard Sherman. That guy just keeps making the target on his back bigger and bigger. Harbaugh has already sent big Will Tukuafu straight for him. I wouldn't be surprised if more teams do this to him next season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he didn't have a big game today but his team mates did. Vernon Davis and and Frank Gore were outstanding. But the problem was also Matt Ryan underperforming in the second half. The interception and the fumble sealed the Falcons' fate. Yet I was impressed with the Falcons deffense in that period. They stopped the 49ers in those two drives, even if thanks to a missed field goal. Then the offense blew it again in the next drive, a bad punt put San Francisco right back on top and there was little to be done by a tired deffense.

The Falcons' final drive seemed poorly designed. They wanted to run down the clock but forgot they had to score first. The execution was poor, but I think by then Ryan had injured his shoulder, which might have played a part in his missed throws. Basically, Atlanta's offense disappeared in the second half and that was it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts