Did kaepernick show poor sportsmanship?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Did kaepernick show poor sportsmanship last week in the game? From running his mouth, pointing at his bicep, and spiking the ball in the direction of the packers?

I didn't have an opinion of him before the game much, but afterwards he seemed to shape it pretty well.

Thoughts?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

To be honest I think this rule seriously needs reviewing. It`s a game played by men, fired up men, and to penalize a player for showing some fire is bloody stupid. If I`d have pulled off a play like that I`d have reacted exactly the same way. The guy had been getting written off all week as the third choice QB and he stuffed it to us. IMO

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I think this rule seriously needs reviewing. It`s a game played by men, fired up men, and to penalize a player for showing some fire is bloody stupid. If I`d have pulled off a play like that I`d have reacted exactly the same way. The guy had been getting written off all week as the third choice QB and he stuffed it to us. IMO

Who wrote him off? Some idiot fans that didnt see him play this season?

I

Who wrote him off? Some idiot fans that didnt see him play this season?
All week I saw we were going kill him, and how he wasn`t up to the job as a first time play off contender. I thought the guy was awesome. I DID say IMO ! obviously you don`t agree....fair enough :tup:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems like a good dude. I wasn't impressed with his antics though during this game. He needs to have some humility and stay the hell away from Crabtree and Ginn because those two are huge ******* clowns.

I

He seems like a good dude. I wasn't impressed with his antics though during this game. He needs to have some humility and stay the hell away from Crabtree and Ginn because those two are huge ******* clowns.
Well to be honest mate, I don`t know anything about either of those two players because of limited info over here. I just felt he didn`t do that much harm myself. Just my opinion of course. As I`ve said before, I thought Randy Moss reaction to the crap we gave him in that playoff game while not being right, it wasn`t unexpected. That`s just me though.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did kaepernick show poor sportsmanship last week in the game? From running his mouth, pointing at his bicep, and spiking the ball in the direction of the packers?

I didn't have an opinion of him before the game much, but afterwards he seemed to shape it pretty well.

Thoughts?

Nope. Kid was fired up that's all. I didn't really care for it because it was happening vs my team, but he was very thoroughly spanking the Packers. I won't try to take that away from him.

I had an opinion about him prior to the game though since I watched a few of his games leading up to the post-season. That being: he is a very young kid with a ton of raw talent that has a lot of potential to be great in the years to come. Offhandedly I think he also not well-spoken. He seems to stumble over himself more so than most people do who are in the public eye. That, and his soft voice seem to carry over to his on the field play because he seems to be greatly affected by crowd noise. (see: CenturyLink game)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sportsmanship (gamesmanship, whatever you want to call it) went down the crapper decades ago...why worry about it now? I've never been a fan of "HEY LOOK AT ME" NFL endzone celebrations (including the Lambeau Leap - and "The Belt"). I'm old enough to remember when NFL players handed the ball to the ref after they scored ... like men ... and then went back to their sideline.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Thoughts?

The guy destroyed us and played pretty much lights out. If he wants to celebrate by doing his best Scott Steiner impression or spiking the ball, or talking he's earned the right to do that.

I don't see how it's any more or less classy than Rodgers doing an emphatic belt celebration during a game and we slobber all over his jock all the time.

It's threads, hypersensitivity and overreactions like this that make other fanbases loathe a team.

BTW, Kaepernicking? Seriously? Like nobody in history has kissed their bicep before? I hate social media sheep.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how it's any more or less classy than Rodgers doing an emphatic belt celebration during a game and we slobber all over his jock all the time.

Careful now. Try not to paint with such a wide brush. Personally I don't "slobber all over [Rodgers'] jock" for that celebratory move. I'm tired of seeing it actually; though State Farm has a majority share of the blame in that causality.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Careful now. Try not to paint with such a wide brush. Personally I don't "slobber all over [Rodgers'] jock" for that celebratory move. I'm tired of seeing it actually; though State Farm has a majority share of the blame in that causality.

I'm not really talking about the move. I'm talking about slobbering all over him in general.

If celebrating makes you a poor sport and you don't view Rodgers or any of our players the same way, that's pretty hypocritical. Alas, this thread just reeks of bitter butthurt over the loss.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I've always considered anybody who titled a QB TD celebration and tried to run with it since the statefarm commercials a verified idiot. "This is the next cool thing right :D? It's cool right? Next great QB right? You should do it too!!!" NO. It started cute, then it got dumb. FAST. In all seriousness, RG3 is the only one in DC who hasn't been "Griffining"since that first time. The fact that he already has a shirt made up means he's your stereotypical young hipster heady moron.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really talking about the move. I'm talking about slobbering all over him in general.

If celebrating makes you a poor sport and you don't view Rodgers or any of our players the same way, that's pretty hypocritical. Alas, this thread just reeks of bitter butthurt over the loss.
I think you're entirely off base. Outside of the OP, which is veiled butthurt at best, this thread is mostly comprised of comments largely speaking in support of Keapernick's actions. Of the 11 posts replying to the OP - 7 are pointedly supporting Keapernick's actions.

Two more are you and I speaking back and forth off-topically so they should be disregarded as irrelevant data. That leaves 9 posts in reply to the OP and 7 of which are, again, supporting Kaepernick.

So 77.8% of the replies are full of praise. I fail to smell the scent of "butthurt", I do however hear the "trololololol" song off in the distance.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem at all with it, him.
The only problem I have is with McCarthy saying. today, that he is appalled that he's asked questions about Capers culpability and the defense.
Really?

Dom's defense has given up over 1500 yards & 40 points a game in it's 3 playoff losses.
THAT is what is appalling.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think you're entirely off base. Outside of the OP, which is veiled butthurt at best, this thread is mostly comprised of comments largely speaking in support of Keapernick's actions. Of the 11 posts replies to the OP - 7 are pointedly supporting Keapernick's actions.

Two more are you and I speaking back and forth off-topically so they should be disregarded at irrelevant data. That leaves 9 posts in reply to the OP and 7 of which are, again, supporting Kaepernick.

So 77.8% of the replies are full of praise. I fail to smell the scent of "butthurt", I do however hear the "trololololol" song off in the distance.

It's OP's thread.
OP is bitter and butthurt

Therefore - Thread reeks of bitter butthurt

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he showed poor sportsmanship by scoring too many touchdowns. He should have just showed some mercy and took a knee the entire fourth quarter.

If the Packers wanted to "shut him up" they should have tackled him. The guy had a 181 yards rushing with only 3 of those yards coming after contact. It's hard to stay humble when you gain 178 yards UNTOUCHED.

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always considered anybody who titled a QB TD celebration and tried to run with it since the statefarm commercials a verified idiot. "This is the next cool thing right :D? It's cool right? Next great QB right? You should do it too!!!" NO. It started cute, then it got dumb. FAST. In all seriousness, RG3 is the only one in DC who hasn't been "Griffining"since that first time. The fact that he already has a shirt made up means he's your stereotypical young hipster heady moron.

Let me shed a little light on how this whole "Kaepernick-ing" thing started. There was a article written by a sports columnist about CK and his tattoos.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...9ers-qb-start-alex-smith-stats-contract-draft

He basically said CK looked like a "prison yard inmate" and that a QB is the face of a franchise and they should be clean cut and ink free. Colin and his family took offense to it, noting that all his tattoos had biblical references and on each of his arms are bible verses. When asked about his tats by local beat writers, CK said something to the effect of he was proud of his tattoos and that he would never shun them to fit whatever imagine someone else thought he should be. And when asked about what he thought about the article, his response was "you'll see on Sunday". So the next game, after he scored a TD, he kissed each bicep....and "Kaepernicking" was born.

And there was a local Bay Area t-shirt company that approached Colin about the shirts. He had no clue that his celebration even had a name. He liked the shirts and gave the company permission to make them. They even make ones that incoperate his tattoos in the graphics and 30% of all the proceeds go to his charity.

As far as spiking the ball goes, I thought it was wrong. I know he was fired up but you don't show up your opponent like that. It was big play. It was a big hit. He was fired up so I understand it. Didn't like it...but I played sports, I know how instensity can take over sound judgement, so I get it. As for celebrations, I don't think any long, drawn out celebration have any place in the game. But stuff like "The Belt", or Cam's "Clark Kent" is fine by me in the grand scheme of things.

As far as sportsmanship, what fuels CK is the same thing that fuels Rodgers. Same thing that fuels Brady. They carry that chip on his shoulder. CK was always told he wasn't good enough. He never got recruited in high school. He sent his HS tape to over 50 major college programs and only one, Nevada, offered him a scholarship. Had a brillant college career. Only player in the history of college football to throw for over 10, 000 yards, and rush for over 4, 000. But all scouts and pundits could talk about pre-draft was his throwing motion and how he played against inferior competition, in a gimmicky offense. And ALL said that he wasn't worth a first round pick. So that fire you see him play with, is that determination to prove the doubters wrong. Something I see when I watch Rodgers play. Same thing that still motivates Brady to this day....the naysayers who told all three they were not good enough. So they get in guys faces. They don't back down. They may even showboat a little. That's part of that chip that's still there.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Let me shed a little light on how this whole "Kaepernick-ing" thing started. There was a article written by a sports columnist about CK and his tattoos.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...9ers-qb-start-alex-smith-stats-contract-draft

He basically said CK looked like a "prison yard inmate" and that a QB is the face of a franchise and they should be clean cut and ink free. Colin and his family took offense to it, noting that all his tattoos had biblical references and on each of his arms are bible verses. When asked about his tats by local beat writers, CK said something to the effect of he was proud of his tattoos and that he would never shun them to fit whatever imagine someone else thought he should be. And when asked about what he thought about the article, his response was "you'll see on Sunday". So the next game, after he scored a TD, he kissed each bicep....and "Kaepernicking" was born.

And there was a local Bay Area t-shirt company that approached Colin about the shirts. He had no clue that his celebration even had a name. He liked the shirts and gave the company permission to make them. They even make ones that incoperate his tattoos in the graphics and 30% of all the proceeds go to his charity.

As far as spiking the ball goes, I thought it was wrong. I know he was fired up but you don't show up your opponent like that. It was big play. It was a big hit. He was fired up so I understand it. Didn't like it...but I played sports, I know how instensity can take over sound judgement, so I get it. As for celebrations, I don't think any long, drawn out celebration have any place in the game. But stuff like "The Belt", or Cam's "Clark Kent" is fine by me in the grand scheme of things.

As far as sportsmanship, what fuels CK is the same thing that fuels Rodgers. Same thing that fuels Brady. They carry that chip on his shoulder. CK was always told he wasn't good enough. He never got recruited in high school. He sent his HS tape to over 50 major college programs and only one, Nevada, offered him a scholarship. Had a brillant college career. Only player in the history of college football to throw for over 10, 000 yards, and rush for over 4, 000. But all scouts and pundits could talk about pre-draft was his throwing motion and how he played against inferior competition, in a gimmicky offense. And ALL said that he wasn't worth a first round pick. So that fire you see him play with, is that determination to prove the doubters wrong. Something I see when I watch Rodgers play. Same thing that still motivates Brady to this day....the naysayers who told all three they were not good enough. So they get in guys faces. They don't back down. They may even showboat a little. That's part of that chip that's still there.
Yes I remember the scripture tattoos. I still don't like naming things after "QB-ing."

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem at all with it, him.
The only problem I have is with McCarthy saying. today, that he is appalled that he's asked questions about Capers culpability and the defense.
Really?

Dom's defense has given up over 1500 yards & 40 points a game in it's 3 playoff losses.
THAT is what is appalling.

This!

He should be expecting these types of questions. At what point will McCarthy be able to figure out if he should keep Capers or not. Or maybe he is waiting for Capers to resign? So he doesn't have to fire anyone?

the only thing that is going for Capers is that the defence improved but going from the worst defence ever, to anything but still isn't saying a whole lot.

IMO, the defence needs a new voice, and a new attitude. they are too soft, finesse, and rely too much on takeaways, instead of being able to actually stop a team from moving the ball.

After the game against the Niners, it is just time for a change.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think the entire packers organization did.

I read a headline that basically had MM or Capers (forget who) saying "Thanks Joe Webb for giving us the blueprint to beat Kaepernick"

I knew right away we were likely going to be in a world of **** on Sunday

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's less annoying/condescending than the belt. I want to see some arrogance out of my QB. Only problem is, I saw it from the wrong one on Saturday.

And if anyone on our team was *****ing about poor sportsmanship, he deserved to be looked straight in the eye and told to get his *** out there and do something about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts