did Favre quit on the team in 2005?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
He is saying the King among men has done the unthinkable....and nobody seems to care enough to do more research on it (journalists that is, not us). Its like..."hello! theres possibly a story there!"

either Favre quit, which is a huge story
or
Dr Z is made to look foolish, which is good. :)

everyone knows that Z is getting old (possibly senile) and his better days are behind him... maybe the reason journalists aren't scrambling to research if his bold allegations are true or not is because everyone has given Z, a formerly respected writer, the courtesy of indulging a senile old man during his final years... kinda like that one uncle everyone just kind of ignores at Christmas dinner.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't get how you say he must be telling the truth or he'd get buried... when's the last time we saw an idiot like dr. z get buried for lying?? come on, trommy - tell me when!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:
Trom, you back this guy with one breathe, then say you don't believe him.
Which is it?

Ok i can see people are getting defensive.

I dont believe the dr. z guy. - fact

He is making bold statements. - fact

saying such crazy things, he HAS to be telling the truth, or he will he buried. -fa....opinion

thats whats bugging me. He is saying the King among men has done the unthinkable....and nobody seems to care enough to do more research on it (journalists that is, not us). Its like..."hello! theres possibly a story there!"

either Favre quit, which is a huge story
or
Dr Z is made to look foolish, which is good. :)

I'm not being defensive Trom, what i'm trying to say is, WHY post what this guy says, if he didn't have any proof to it in the first place? Then it's just making it sound credible, when there is NO more proof then this guy said so. It just ads to the "rumor".
I just have trouble with it sounding like you believe this guy, when he has shown nothing to back up what he said. Even though you say you don't believe him, if i say he's full of crap, and give my opinion of what happened (like Favre being frustrated) you think i'm saying it's ok to quit on your team. I don't think it's in any way ok. The circumstances were strange last year, and the wheels fell off the cart. Favre was trying to drive a cart with no wheels. I cut him some slack because i was watching it all unfold all season. "Mr. Z" must have been sleeping most of the season, and made his snap judgements.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
cheesey said:
Hey......when you are on a sinking boat, with only a teaspoon to try to bail it out, you'd get frustrated too i'm sure. Who wouldn't???
If you are giving all you have, and your still getting your brains beat in, i don't care HOW good you are, you will get frustrated and say those kinds of things. He HAD to come off the field some time saying, "Dang, what do i have to do to get this team going?" and the truth is, it takes the WHOLE team in order to win. Dan Marino was a GREAT QB. He never won a SB though. It takes the WHOLE team, not JUST one man giving it's all.

I agree with Cheesy!!! What is a QB to do when you feel like you are the only one on the team that wants to win. Yes he through lots of interceptions last year, but like cheesy said, he wanted to get things going. If he was so frustrated last year, why come back this year? We always have a chance when Brett is throwing the ball, and hes always exciting to watch.

Agree with both of you :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dr. Z is a noted "Packerhater" from waaay back. There was a thread on this about a year ago.

And trom bringing this up again proves he is a known "Favre hater". There have been many threads about this in the past also.

.....wait......here it comes........"Favre is my favorite QB of all time......blah, blah, blah...."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me.......i saw Favre trying again last saturday, and getting thrown around like a rag doll. I hope they can get the o-line in qrder QUICK, before we end up seeing Favre carted off the field.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can someone please knock on wood... i get sick everytime someone mentions the I word with Favre in the same sentence.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
can someone please knock on wood... i get sick everytime someone mentions the I word with Favre in the same sentence.

SORRY Pacnic! I didn't mean to cause anyone a panic attack! (Or, should it be renamed "PACNIC ATTACK!!! :wink: ")
I know what you mean......i don't even like saying it. But it IS a concern for me. Favre isn't getting any younger, and he needs some protection.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Me.......i saw Favre trying again last saturday, and getting thrown around like a rag doll. I hope they can get the o-line in qrder QUICK, before we end up seeing Favre carted off the field.

yeah I dont think favre is the type to give up

Members online

Latest posts