Did anyone watch the Vikings-Lions game?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are going to lose to the Eagles on Sunday and then they will be quite and hide in a hole.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are going to lose to the Eagles on Sunday and then they will be quite and hide in a hole.
I don't know........the Eagles looked pretty awful last night. I thought after us beating them, they would rebound. But nope, they didn't.
I think the Lions will beat them.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The announcers said last night that the Lions are pretenders and we are contenders hope they are right. I dont know about the Lions after all they were playing the Vikings and also there were so many turnovers in this game by both teams. Maybe the EAgles will take the Lions who knows.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was anyone else pissed when Tirico said the Eagles should of won last week. I liked Charles at least chewing him out for that statement saying how much he hates it when people say that

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was anyone else pissed when Tirico said the Eagles should of won last week. I liked Charles at least chewing him out for that statement saying how much he hates it when people say that

I actually cheered Chuck for that, usually I just laugh at him.

The Lions are a poor man's Bengals right now.

V

Vikeman

The Vikings had no business losing this game. I have to give it to the Lions though...they are better this year then in a long time.

The Lions wanted nothing to do with Adrian Peterson. We stopped Kitna in the redzone and Calvin Johnson got away with an obvious push off. Can't complain to much on that though since Randy Moss did that for years in the NFC north. God only knows why Childress decided to throw the ball so much. This game was a W in so many ways for the Vikes.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

I actually cheered Chuck for that, usually I just laugh at him.

The Lions are a poor man's Bengals right now.
Yup!
Kind of like comparing lobster to cod fish! :lol:

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings had no business losing this game. I have to give it to the Lions though...they are better this year then in a long time.

The Lions wanted nothing to do with Adrian Peterson. We stopped Kitna in the redzone and Calvin Johnson got away with an obvious push off. Can't complain to much on that though since Randy Moss did that for years in the NFC north. God only knows why Childress decided to throw the ball so much. This game was a W in so many ways for the Vikes.

So are you saying you should of won that game? :lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or the lions will pound the eagles secondary. And then anyone that didn't pound the Eagles will hide in a hole.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson looks really raw... man did he throw up some ugly throws.. I wonder if Childress is starting to rethink his throwing this kid into the fire. He will have these bad games.

Jackson is raw....we all knew he would be raw. But he has come a long way in a short time and taking him out wouldn't help him or the Vikings long term plan. At this point I think what Jackson needs is experience....not bench splinters. I talk to Jackson some myself, and he is a very hard worker and he is very competitive. I think that if he plays against KC he will do much better. He is beating himself up right now for his mistakes and he is learning from them. Give him some time and I think he will turn out to be the Vikings guy. And I think it was Darren Sharper (oops is that like a dirty word around here now?) who said that he hasn't seen a stronger arm since Farve. And I am sure someone will bring up his accuracy on the deep balls, but that just takes time to develop the right touch on them.

Besides, not all of the picks were his fault completely, there was a couple of them that were either the recievers fault or just a great defensive play.

About the whole game last week, that was an ugly game to watch, Longwell should have won it though. I am not going to break down every part, but it was an ugly game for the offense.

I do think that my Vikings should rebound nicely against the Chiefs, they play more into our strengths. Not that getting a win against KC in KC will be easy, but I think we should be able to do it. Our defense should keep us in almost every game.

Fantasy football tip: Bench Larry Johnson this week.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

Or the lions will pound the eagles secondary. And then anyone that didn't pound the Eagles will hide in a hole.

I think that sounds better, their offense is scary. I think Kitna is one of the most underrated QBs right now, he makes a few stupid mistakes but he always manages to put up big numbers. But then with their WRs just about any QB could probably, even O'Sullivan. I think their defense will come around as well, as long as they keep a handle on Millen, they will continue to get better.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Jackson is raw....we all knew he would be raw. But he has come a long way in a short time and taking him out wouldn't help him or the Vikings long term plan. At this point I think what Jackson needs is experience....not bench splinters. I talk to Jackson some myself, and he is a very hard worker and he is very competitive. I think that if he plays against KC he will do much better. He is beating himself up right now for his mistakes and he is learning from them. Give him some time and I think he will turn out to be the Vikings guy. And I think it was Darren Sharper (oops is that like a dirty word around here now?) who said that he hasn't seen a stronger arm since Farve. And I am sure someone will bring up his accuracy on the deep balls, but that just takes time to develop the right touch on them.

Cool he seems like a very intelligent kid, and he has all the physical tools to become a player. I guess with the defense returning and a pretty strong running game and line, I won't have guessed they would have thrown him in to learn on the fly. How does his confidence seem with the early struggles?

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
yeah. two of those were from our 3rd string QB. i'm sure you don't care about that part though.

Why was your third string QB in?

Was your line that bad that your QBs kept getting beat up?

(see how i'm working this? I'm good)

Their 3rd stringer didn't come in that I know of. But I know we layed some big hits on their QBs :twisted:

For the first part of the game they did well giving him time. But we brought in our rookie DE Robison (you will hear this kids name again, he looks scary good) and we started trying to get after him more and we started getting in their faces a little more. But not nearly enough.

I wasn't happy at all about our whole game plan. We didn't get Peterson nearly as many touches as we should have either. I think our whole offense will be much better when we have C.Taylor back and healthy. It was an ugly division matchup for sure, those battles are usually never pretty for either team.

Did I mention that we had like 12 penalties? Jackson wasn't the only reason we lost. Also there was the the TD pass to Calvin Johnson who pushed off of Griffen but didn't get called, there was some obvious bad calls made.

How many posts till I get rid of this "cheerleader" title?

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheTroll said:

Cool he seems like a very intelligent kid, and he has all the physical tools to become a player. I guess with the defense returning and a pretty strong running game and line, I won't have guessed they would have thrown him in to learn on the fly. How does his confidence seem with the early struggles?

He is good, he is a leader and he doesn't get shaken up very easily. Even after his mistakes he didn't have that "deer in the headlights" look like allot of QBs get. I think at this point the only thing that will keep him from playing KC is his groin injury. He should be good though, I think he should bounce back nicely. He prides himself for taking care of the football and he was kicking himself big time for last week. But one of the great things about him is he learns quickly and he is a hard worker. He won't make many of those same mistakes again.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Their 3rd stringer didn't come in that I know of. But I know we layed some big hits on their QBs "

J.T. O'Sullivan is our 3rd string qb. Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky (injured with turf toe in the preseason), then J.T. O'sullivan. so yes, it was our 3rd string qb that caused 2 of those turnovers (both picks). He was brought in when Drew Stanton (our real 3rd string qb) was put on IR. So when you get right down to it we beat the vikings with our 4th string QB playing half the game. if Kitna doesn't get hurt, it's not even close. and they didn't use Peterson more because he was inaffective. Going to be a long season viking fans. or a great one for lion's fans.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Their 3rd stringer didn't come in that I know of. But I know we layed some big hits on their QBs "

J.T. O'Sullivan is our 3rd string qb. Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky (injured with turf toe in the preseason), then J.T. O'sullivan. so yes, it was our 3rd string qb that caused 2 of those turnovers (both picks). He was brought in when Drew Stanton (our real 3rd string qb) was put on IR. So when you get right down to it we beat the vikings with our 4th string QB playing half the game. if Kitna doesn't get hurt, it's not even close. and they didn't use Peterson more because he was inaffective. Going to be a long season viking fans. or a great one for lion's fans.

You guys put up 7 points when he was in. And that was because the ref didn't call you guys on the push off by Calvin Johnson. Even on NFL network later they all agreed that that was a pushoff. He also had a couple of picks. And by saying "getting Peterson involved more" I didn't neccessarily mean just on rushing plays. I think the game would have been different if we had actually had C. Taylor in though.

Neither of us looked real good in that game, we both had 5 turnovers, we both had way to many penalties. Your WRs are obviously solid though. Both teams need some work. It was a tough fought out division game. And you guys just happened to come out on top. We should have won it with 2 seconds left.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you talking about longwells missed feild goal? cause hanson missed one too. you guys have been telling lion's fans for years, "what ifs don't matter" the W does. your qb sucks. that is what is hurting you. just like chicago. maybe they will give holcomb a chance soon.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you talking about longwells missed feild goal? cause hanson missed one too. you guys have been telling lion's fans for years, "what ifs don't matter" the W does. your qb sucks. that is what is hurting you. just like chicago. maybe they will give holcomb a chance soon.

I just wrote a bunch of stuff about Jackson, I am not going to type it again. I don't think that putting in Holcomb will do much good.

And I probably know a lot more Vikings fans then you do and they usually break down the game very well. You must have met some of the bad ones or you talked to them right after the win when they don't care how bad the Vikes played, its still a win. In reality it is that way, you go to the playoffs on "W"s. And you take away all the "what ifs" and the lions still have the W. All I am saying is that we had opportunities to win that game to, it wasn't a Lions blowout, the Lions didn't majorly outplay the Vikings. It was a fought out playoff battle and the Lions came out on top. Congrats on the W. Just don't make it sound like the Lions don't have holes and outplayed the Vikings big time. We probably had just as many opportunites to win as you guys did, its just that you guys were the first not to blow it.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have plenty of holes. we really do. just a lot less than we have had in years past. And for once in a long time our offense is the strength of the team. It's the defense that will lose games for us. it was a good game. last year we would have lost it.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Heard on the Minneapolis based fan station today that the Vikings cheated yesterday, and that was said by one of the announcers who was at the game and is a viking fan. Didn't get all of what he said, but did catch those words. He also made the statement that he couldn't tell his son that his team cheated, but his son would probably find out in pre=school today.

What is this with the cheating? First, the Patriots; not the vikings? I have always told my two children and the students whom I taught, that if you have to win by cheating, it isn't a good game.

Cheated, that is hilarious. You must have dreamt that Carol. There was a play where the Viking receiver obviously trapped the ball, and the official called it a catch. Before the Lions could throw the red challenge flag the Vikings quickly got to the line of scrimmage and ran a play. Jackson spiked the ball. That is smart coaching knowing that they cannot challenge after another play has been run. I would have sooner see them just run a quick fullback dive up the middle, but Childress had Jackson spike it. That did end up being the only drive that we scored an offensive touchdown on. If an announcer did call that cheating maybe he needs to get a new job or touch up on the rules. In the end we lost anyway. So, what did it really matter.

Members online

Latest posts