1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone read KC Joyner's chat?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by mattresell, Oct 12, 2006.

1. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's now behind the Insider wall on ESPN, so I can't post it here. But he essentially said that he feels Ted Thompson's has been making moves more designed to get rid of certain people in the organization rather than to help the team win.

He goes on to say that he thinks TT wanted Favre to retire and intentionally put the worst offense he could come up with on the field to try and push him into retirement.

He goes on to indirectly call McCarthy a "patsy" and claims that part of the reason Favre came back was just to make TT's life harder.

Now, I like Joyner. But he's not even a reporter that speaks with players. all of this is pure specualtion and I happen to think it's pretty irresponsible.

There is no basis to any of these claims whatsoever and to accuse a man of tanking an organization out of spite(?) as he claims TT is doing, is not responsible journalism.

If anyone without Insider would like the link, I will send it to them via PM, if that's okay with Ryan. I'm not sure what the rules are on that.

2. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd also like to note that I started this thread to comment Joyner's conspiracy theory and irresponsible journalism. Hopefully that can remain the topic of discussion rather than your feelings on the job TT has done. We have plenty of threads devoted to just that topic.

3. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure he's paid to give his opinion, and the sheer fact that you're talking about it probably makes ESPN happy.

4. hoos

hoos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit, I felt like TT was pushing Favre out this summer. He approached building this team with little regard for the fact that he had an aging HOF QB on his roster that could probably make one last run with some veteran talent around him. Although he didn't put the worst offense together, he certainly put together the youngest one possible.

I think there is some merit to the notion that TT publicly stated he wanted Favre back mostly because he couldn't politically say anything else.

I also don't think MM is a patsy and this is probably where the claims lose traction in my mind.