Did any players suprise you in 2007

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at the beginning of the 2007 season I really hated the Packers GM. Some of the players that really stepped up there game in my book were

GJ-he has become a great offensive weapon. last year he looked lost, now he looks like an all-pro. I really hope the Packers can use the big five WR corp to go all the way to the Super Bowl, and get all 5 guys in Packer uni's next season.

MM, he really seems to know how to manage a game and make adjustments to be successful.

I predicted a 9-7 season, I thought the defense and Brett would get us 9 wins.

The offense and the execution of the west coast short passing attack coupled with the emergence of Ryan Grant, to me is what put the Packers to the top tier of teams in the NFL.

Ryan Grant and Donald Lee for positive.
Cullen Jenkins for negative. I thought fo shizzle that Jenkins would be in the Pro Bowl.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives

Ryan Grant - The 3 best trades of the year were a 4th for Moss, a 2nd for Welker, and a 6th for Grant in my opinion.

James Jones - When he was first picked I thought it was an awful pick but once you saw him in the pre season you saw he has the skills to be a quality player.

Donald Lee - Could've gone to the Pro Bowl

Negatives

Cullen Jenkins - Early on he wasn't that bad. He got pressure just didn't finish. Still to early to right off. He does real well against the run.

A.J. Hawk - He's coming along but I thought he would've been a Pro Bowler by now. I thought he'd have the year that Nick Barnett did.

Jarrett Bush - Thought he could've ended up being a solid nickel back. He still can but I'd put CB at the top of the Packers need list right now.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives

Ryan Grant - The 3 best trades of the year were a 4th for Moss, a 2nd for Welker, and a 6th for Grant in my opinion.

James Jones - When he was first picked I thought it was an awful pick but once you saw him in the pre season you saw he has the skills to be a quality player.

Donald Lee - Could've gone to the Pro Bowl

Negatives

Cullen Jenkins - Early on he wasn't that bad. He got pressure just didn't finish. Still to early to right off. He does real well against the run.

A.J. Hawk - He's coming along but I thought he would've been a Pro Bowler by now. I thought he'd have the year that Nick Barnett did.

Jarrett Bush - Thought he could've ended up being a solid nickel back. He still can but I'd put CB at the top of the Packers need list right now.

JJ will be a quality player. Jenkins is good against the run, but I thought he'd be getting more pressure from the DT position in the pass rush. That's what I was hoping him to do. Instead, Corey Williams is doing that, which is cool. I just expected Jenkins to do that too.

Agreed about our need at CB. Maybe Bush or someone else will develop. In the meantime, we badly need someone to step up.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
One of those injuries to Rodgers, a guy stepped on his freaking foot and he STILL played...

Then he had a pulled hammy, to me that doesnt= soft, or injury prone..

Yep, he played a half of football with a broken bone in his foot. TOUGH.
He pulled a hammy in practice, it happens.

It's fun to make fun of Rodgers like he's glass, but I think if he's in there non stop he'd be much more reliable to show up the following week.

Two injuries in two years is enough for many fans to label a player as "injury prone." It was the same with Greg Jennings. He sprained an ankle last year, then pulled a hamstring at the beginning of this season, and some fans were practically writing post-mortems on the guy. But he's been fine since then (he could've played against the Lions in the final regular season game).

I'm not worried about Rodgers yet. We've just been incredibly spoiled having Brett Favre at QB all these years.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn surprised me in that, coming from a big time program, he is so soft mentally and physically.

That's why he fell to the 7th round, or so I've heard. But the coaches were impressed with his work ethic once he got to Green Bay, and they seem to think that if he hits the weight room he can toughen up enough to play in the NFL. He's certainly got the talent. I think Thompson will be keeping a close eye on Wynn in the off season, as his improvement (or lack thereof) could affect the draft.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ HAWK IS AN UNSELFISH PLAYER WHO PLAYS FLAWLESS IN HIS ROLE ON DEFENSE. A TRUE TEAM PLAYER.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Koren Robinson--He's been more of a factor than I expected him to be this season, and I think his best is yet to come--maybe as soon as the playoffs this month.

i really think K-Robb is going to be a huge factor in the playoffs and may be a key to the Packers getting to the Super Bowl

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i wonder if will blackmon can make an impact as the nickle back in the playoffs.

i feel TT will draft a CB in the first round of the 2008 NFL draft

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Koren Robinson--He's been more of a factor than I expected him to be this season, and I think his best is yet to come--maybe as soon as the playoffs this month.

i really think K-Robb is going to be a huge factor in the playoffs and may be a key to the Packers getting to the Super Bowl

I'm thinking the same thing.

I like having guys that have something to prove. As long as it's focused in a good way, it's a good thing.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he turns out to be a Desmond Howard lite. Every time he touches the ball, you could tell he wants it. He has the physical gift too.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the first on every list should be Grant. Heck we didn't even know who he was until the trade.

Favre-I admit I was one of those who wrote him off. Mabe I sould have known better.

Donald Lee-Although I thought he may be decent there is no way I thought he do as well as he did. Opportunity grasped for Donald.

the whole defensive line. That talked up the rotation system in the offseason and I didn't buy it. I buy it now.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers- He played well when he was given the chance looks like a great QB to have behind Favre.
Wynn- I had never heard of him he looked good in the first few games
Grant- He was great when he took over from Wynn and hopefully will help us in the playoffs.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre-I admit I was one of those who wrote him off. Mabe I sould have known better.

I wish the many others out there who felt this way and commented as such would have the courage to come clean and admit they were wrong about Favre...

Good post.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts