Dez Bryant signed by the Saints

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The only Bryant I want on the Pack is Martavis.

Despite rumors earlier in the year, it sounds like Bryant isn't going anywhere soon. From what I read the few teams that inquired with Pittsburgh didn't offer them enough due to him possibly being one suspension away from being out of the NFL.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For like a 6th or 7th rounder all day I would trade for him what draft picks do anything for us that late of a pick crap even our first lately besides Clark looking dece but yeah one more suspension he is gone

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For like a 6th or 7th rounder all day I would trade for him what draft picks do anything for us that late of a pick crap even our first lately besides Clark looking dece but yeah one more suspension he is gone

I imagine that his how Pittsburgh looked at it. The upside on Bryant could be big, so why take a crappy draft pick for him. If soars, its a big win for them if he doesn't have his crap together and flops, they are only out a late round pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

It looks like Dez wants to go on a FU tour against the Cowboys. If he has the chance he will stay in the NFC East. If he doesn’t get offers from any of those teams he will next try and stay in the NFC. The cowboys are paying him out 8 million this year. If we can get him at something along the lines of a two year contract for 10 million? That’s 3 million against the cap this year (so he is paid 11 million this year) and 7 million next year I would take that deal all day. Anything more isn’t feasible or worth it IMO.

The Cowboys aren't paying Bryant any money this season. The dead money counting against their cap stems from the remaining prorated portion of the signing bonus he received in 2015. He won't agree to a two-year, $10 million deal.

Who else they got at the position? I thought it was unheard of to release somebody without his replacement already in place and well groomed.

It's definitely not a smart way to manage the roster.

i
don't expect them to go get dez either but he would make the O better...especially a highly motivated dez...and getting better is the whole point.

Bryant would improve the offense but the Packers signing him might prevent the team from making some other moves at positions in even bigger need of a veteran upgrade.

We probably just have completely different definitions of "impact". Because to say ZERO Wideouts from the 2018 draft will have a rookie impact is a reach. No team is going to pick a WR in the first round just to wait a couple of years to see their impact

I should have been more precise. I don't expect any rookie receiver to have an immediate impact justifying to spend the 14th pick on him.

Ridley will go in the top 25, probably around 16 -20. Chark is only value at our pick in the 3rd. Sutton is a chance in the 2nd. I'm pulling for DJ Moore though in the 2nd. There are a few others in the 3rd and one should be there - Hamilton, Gallup, Washington, . . . .

I highly doubt either Gallup or Washington will be available in the third round but would be excited if the Packers could select one of them at that point.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens are expressing interest in Bryant but only if he comes down on his price, whatever that is. I doubt Bryant would be interested in Baltimore anyway, but if his price leaks, then Gute may be willing to take a stab at it.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bryant would improve the offense but the Packers signing him might prevent the team from making some other moves at positions in even bigger need of a veteran upgrade.
you can say that about ANY deal. it's all about the team's state of mind. a team can make things happen or dilly dally, get nothing done, and say "but we were in the conversation." guess it's a good thing they didn't sign the chicago cb. imagine who they couldn't have signed had they done it. ;)

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No official reports but Bryant has started following all the WRs on the Texans roster on Twitter. Honestly, that's probably one of the best situations for him but I never thought Bryant would go anywhere where he would definitely be the No. 2 guy.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on what the numbers would be but I like Eric Decker he was very solid with the jets and Denver Rodgers throwing him the ball would be a nice piece I would be for signing him

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No official reports but Bryant has started following all the WRs on the Texans roster on Twitter. Honestly, that's probably one of the best situations for him but I never thought Bryant would go anywhere where he would definitely be the No. 2 guy.

I mean he's from Texas...not surprising. Could be a good situation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was on the fence with Bryant but I think as this shakes out I am leaning more towards "no". His Diva ways are coming through very clear. He is trying to play the victim card as well as the "I will show them outrage". I can only imagine the kind of implosion that will happen when Dez doesn't start getting the ball thrown his way, not something that would sit well with AR or probably the team.

If he had left Dallas a bit humbled and saying "I know I can still contribute and I am going to work my *** off with my new team", I might like him as a Packer. But with his ego getting in his way, along with the fact that he isn't going to be any faster, nor is he probably going to be any more sure handed, Packers are better off waiting to find a cheaper option, if they still feel the need.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on the fence with Bryant but I think as this shakes out I am leaning more towards "no". His Diva ways are coming through very clear. He is trying to play the victim card as well as the "I will show them outrage". I can only imagine the kind of implosion that will happen when Dez doesn't start getting the ball thrown his way, not something that would sit well with AR or probably the team.

If he had left Dallas a bit humbled and saying "I know I can still contribute and I am going to work my *** off with my new team", I might like him as a Packer. But with his ego getting in his way, along with the fact that he isn't going to be any faster, nor is he probably going to be any more sure handed, Packers are better off waiting to find a cheaper option, if they still feel the need.

In fairness to Dez, he did say that... just in a Dez Bryant kind of way.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In fairness to Dez, he did say that... just in a Dez Bryant kind of way.

Probably deep within all the anger he has.

I guess I look at the way Jordy left Green Bay and the way Dez left Dallas, both in similar situations and I see 2 different types of players. One that I would gladly see playing in Green and Gold and one that I would be holding my breath everytime he opened his mouth.

Someone else mentioned this in the thread, but I can very well see this turning into a Marty B like situation, a guy that use to have a lot of talent, getting paid to come here and ends up not producing.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably deep within all the anger he has.

I guess I look at the way Jordy left Green Bay and the way Dez left Dallas, both in similar situations and I see 2 different types of players. One that I would gladly see playing in Green and Gold and one that I would be holding my breath everytime he opened his mouth.

Someone else mentioned this in the thread, but I can very well see this turning into a Marty B like situation, a guy that use to have a lot of talent, getting paid to come here and ends up not producing.
Right I don’t think he is coming for one we barely have any money what 15 mil and the rookie class at 6 mil .. maybe consider Matt Moore as a back up qb

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Actually, the one guys opinion of having Dez in Green Bay I would really like to know is #12's. I know in recent months the Packers haven't "consulted" with AR over coaching and player decisions, but this would be one time if they were even remotely considering bring Dez in, Rodgers opinion should be taken into consideration.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on the fence with Bryant but I think as this shakes out I am leaning more towards "no". His Diva ways ...
on a jordyish 2 year deal where you could cut him after one (if it doesn't work out) with no harm done? sure.

Right I don’t think he is coming for one we barely have any money what 15 mil and the rookie class at 6 mil .. maybe consider Matt Moore as a back up qb
this team isn't stacked enough to go anywhere without Rodgers (as it sits right now they're not doing much with him...maybe the last wildcard). i wouldn't waste the remaining cap space on a backup. kizer is the backup.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, the one guys opinion of having Dez in Green Bay I would really like to know is #12's. I know in recent months the Packers haven't "consulted" with AR over coaching and player decisions, but this would be one time if they were even remotely considering bring Dez in, Rodgers opinion should be taken into consideration.
agreed. edit: maybe on 2nd thought that might be a mistake. he's a bit of a diva himself. empowering that further could backfire on them.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed. edit: maybe on 2nd thought that might be a mistake. he's a bit of a diva himself. empowering that further could backfire on them.
I understand that sentiment, but, unlike Bryant, Rodgers usually manages to keep his ego in check, and I do think knowing Rodgers' opinion on this particular matter could sway some opinions. My initial reaction is no way.... but I would be swayed by Roders' viewpoint since he is the one that would have to deal with him. I still doubt that the money would work out in any case, but....

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who needs Bryant anyway? Just stick Ty Montgomery back in the slot and our WR corps gets upgraded instantly and we can free up more space for Cobb to work with again. Montgomery must be moved back to WR because Rodgers will have a blanket WR to throw to there and Nelson's absence won't be hardly felt.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who needs Bryant anyway? Just stick Ty Montgomery back in the slot and our WR corps gets upgraded instantly and we can free up more space for Cobb to work with again. Montgomery must be moved back to WR because Rodgers will have a blanket WR to throw to there and Nelson's absence won't be hardly felt.

That isnt even close to an upgrade at wr.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts