dez brant signs

pluto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dallas first round pick (#24) dez bryant signed his contract on july 22, 2010. that's good news for the packers as the had the 23rd pick in the draft (bulaga). bryants' contract will help the packers "slot" bulaga's contract.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will make it easier sure, but I don't think Bulaga's deal gets done just yet. There's still several weeks until they really hammer down negotiations. Plus Bulaga isn't even penciled in for a starting position, so his agent will use that to stall talks well into TC. I sure hope I'm proven wrong though.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trend with new draft picks waiting to sign thing is getting old... shouldnt they all just be happy to be playing sign fair deals in a timely manner and prove what they are worth on the field...JaMarcus Russel is a great example of this...
I know its alot of money, they could get injured, and this is the biz now but ideally I would like soem better system of getting these young talented player son the field learning during training camps...IMHO

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trend with new draft picks waiting to sign thing is getting old... shouldnt they all just be happy to be playing sign fair deals in a timely manner and prove what they are worth on the field...JaMarcus Russel is a great example of this...
I know its alot of money, they could get injured, and this is the biz now but ideally I would like soem better system of getting these young talented player son the field learning during training camps...IMHO
That's what Dez did. For all the talk about him being a diva in college, he was the first one to sign and he'll be in camp in time.

I agree with you. But, in the end, one year of delay for them won't matter much. They usually get a 4 year deal, and by then, they'll have proven if they can warrant a new deal or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts