1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Devin Hester on offense.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, May 14, 2007.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I noticed all the hype today about the Bears letting Hester play some offense. I was wondering if anyone else is a little concerned about that? He has proven to be a talented player. Although not as talented on defense as say a Deion was - he is dynamic enough to make some big plays. Thoughts?

2. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    still got rex grossman getting him the ball

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm happy!! More chances for the little guy to get banged up an shorten his career.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hester is notoriously stupid. He will struggle with it, and ...he's just not made for their offense. Im not worried at all.

he'll have some explosive plays, but more screwups.

5. tano1998

tano1998 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here in Miami, when the UM put him on offense, he did squat...They put him as CB, nothing...
    Same history as Dante Hall, great ST player....one year wonder

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    As PFT.com says, Two DH's have failed in the past to make a difference on offense after exploding on ST, Dante Hall and Desmond Howard. I have confidence in Devin Hester to be the third.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i'm as worried about the Packers D lining up against Hester as I am about them lining up against Dante Hall (that is, not very worried)

8. mi_keys

mi_keys Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    67 touches last year
    8 fumbles

roughly 1 fumble every 8 touches.

I'm pretty sure him being on offense would take returns away (I believe I remember Adam Schefter saying he'd go to just punt returns and not kick offs if he moves to offense and plays there)

Either way, I think he's made his biggest contribution to Chicago. Special team stars and returners don't last long.

9. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You hit the nail right on the head. He should not play either Offense of Defense, because he lacks the mental part of the game. Last year, on a punt return, he caught the ball and THEN signalled fair catch. Plus, he fumbles like A. Green early in the season, so I dont see this as a positive for Chicago.

He should work on his returns, both punt and ko.