Devin Hester on offense.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed all the hype today about the Bears letting Hester play some offense. I was wondering if anyone else is a little concerned about that? He has proven to be a talented player. Although not as talented on defense as say a Deion was - he is dynamic enough to make some big plays. Thoughts?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hester is notoriously stupid. He will struggle with it, and ...he's just not made for their offense. Im not worried at all.

he'll have some explosive plays, but more screwups.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in Miami, when the UM put him on offense, he did squat...They put him as CB, nothing...
Same history as Dante Hall, great ST player....one year wonder

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Here in Miami, when the UM put him on offense, he did squat...They put him as CB, nothing...
Same history as Dante Hall, great ST player....one year wonder

As PFT.com says, Two DH's have failed in the past to make a difference on offense after exploding on ST, Dante Hall and Desmond Howard. I have confidence in Devin Hester to be the third.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm as worried about the Packers D lining up against Hester as I am about them lining up against Dante Hall (that is, not very worried)

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
67 touches last year
8 fumbles

roughly 1 fumble every 8 touches.

I'm pretty sure him being on offense would take returns away (I believe I remember Adam Schefter saying he'd go to just punt returns and not kick offs if he moves to offense and plays there)

Either way, I think he's made his biggest contribution to Chicago. Special team stars and returners don't last long.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hester is notoriously stupid. He will struggle with it, and ...he's just not made for their offense. Im not worried at all.

he'll have some explosive plays, but more screwups.

You hit the nail right on the head. He should not play either Offense of Defense, because he lacks the mental part of the game. Last year, on a punt return, he caught the ball and THEN signalled fair catch. Plus, he fumbles like A. Green early in the season, so I dont see this as a positive for Chicago.

He should work on his returns, both punt and ko.

Members online

Latest posts