Detroit/ Dallas game. u can delete it later.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly, right arm barred out to create space until he goes to catch the ball that was thrown into the back of the defender. Put the ball 2 feet higher if you want a chance at a completion. If you want the benefit of some contact, don't initiate it yourself as a receiver.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If nothing else it's pretty obvious he's at least holding before the ball is thrown, but as I pointed out before the fact that Hitchens isn't turning to play the ball should draw the flag every time.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's lucky he was held, because it was a garbage ball thrown at the back of the defender. I'm extremely grateful the refs had the balls not to award that crap play with a first down and yardage. i would like nothing more than those days of the NFL to be long gone.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If nothing else it's pretty obvious he's at least holding before the ball is thrown, but as I pointed out before the fact that Hitchens isn't turning to play the ball should draw the flag every time.
AND, it's pretty obvious Pettigrew had his arm extended to create space from the defender too. Door should swing both ways. It's the playoffs, playball. Quit relying on garbage plays to move the chains.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The NFL can take all there crap rules and shove em up there ***. These reffs that aren't even full-time employees of the NFL and are basically weekend warriors who show up and control the game with there "little yellow hankies". Yes, Detroit didn't close the game out but it doesn't matter. I am not putting one more dollar into the NFL until they get if figured out. This crap is what Mark Cuban warned of happening to the NFL and it is here. There is way to much emphasis on pleasing the masses over getting it right. I am just about done and I can find another hobby like going to the gym more. As far as I am concerned this has turned into the "NATIONAL FRAUD LEAGUE".

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conspiracy theories are silly in my opinion (even if the call was that bad, and even if this is "America's Team", and even if there is now a headline concerning the head of officiating partying with the Cowboys some time before) and honestly all this really boils down to is the head ref overruling the lesser ref who threw the flag possibly due to the differing point of views.

FYI - it wasn't the head ref (Morelli) who over ruled the play, it came from a different ref (head linesman Bergman) who said he had a better angle and didn't think the contact warranted pass interference.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettigrew grabbed the face mask on the play. It was offsetting penalties and the down should have been re-played. But either way, they still screwed up because it should have been 3rd and 1, not 4th and 1.

But my question is this: It is beyond question that Bryant should have been called for USLC by running on the field and getting in the official's face, but would that have also offset or would that have trumped the other two?

Last edited:

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettigrew grabbed the face mask on the play. It was offsetting penalties and the down should have been re-played. But either way, they still screwed up because it should have been 3rd and 1, not 4th and 1.

But my question is this: It is beyond question that Bryant should have been called for USLC by running on the field and getting in the official's face, but would that have also offset or would that have trumped the other two?

Bryant's penalty would not have trumped the other two per se, but the other two would have offset and since Bryant's penalty would have been a dead ball foul after the play, then the Bryant penalty should be enforced.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bryant's penalty would not have trumped the other two per se, but the other two would have offset and since Bryant's penalty would have been a dead ball foul after the play, then the Bryant penalty should be enforced.
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts