Despite Reports, Jones Claims He Received Tender

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he'd lie about it....what good does that do him in relations with the team.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm OK if JJ comes back. He made drops, but most always redeems himself later in the game. Give him another year before turning him loose to see if he improves.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If the new CBA has the same rule regarding vets with 4 years' service, the tenders to Jones and Jackson won't mean anything - they will be unrestricted free agents. From what Jones has said - he wants to be a starter - I don't see him coming back. My guess is even if the Packers are willing to match another team's offer (Jones doesn't have to give them that chance if he's a UFA) he'll go to a team willing to start him. Another reason I think he's gone is how good Thompson and his staff are at finding WRs in the draft.

IMO Jackson has a much better chance of returning because I don't think any team will give him starter's money.

I believe the only way the tenders to these two matter is if the NFL and NFLPA agree to have another uncapped year and the chances of that are almost zero.

Members online

Latest posts