1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Despite Reports, Jones Claims He Received Tender

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Guacamole, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
  2. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    I doubt he'd lie about it....what good does that do him in relations with the team.

3. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Yeah I doubt he would make it up; I guess prior reports were BS. Go figure.

4. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I'm OK if JJ comes back. He made drops, but most always redeems himself later in the game. Give him another year before turning him loose to see if he improves.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    yeah the packers called to tell him but the call got dropped

• Like Like x 2
  6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    If the new CBA has the same rule regarding vets with 4 years' service, the tenders to Jones and Jackson won't mean anything - they will be unrestricted free agents. From what Jones has said - he wants to be a starter - I don't see him coming back. My guess is even if the Packers are willing to match another team's offer (Jones doesn't have to give them that chance if he's a UFA) he'll go to a team willing to start him. Another reason I think he's gone is how good Thompson and his staff are at finding WRs in the draft.

IMO Jackson has a much better chance of returning because I don't think any team will give him starter's money.

I believe the only way the tenders to these two matter is if the NFL and NFLPA agree to have another uncapped year and the chances of that are almost zero.