Desmond King, cornerback or safety? 2017 NFL Draft Profile

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not a bad comparison to Butler, but I honestly only saw King play twice, both games against the Badgers and I believe in 2015 he had 2 picks against Bucky. As you said, way too early to anoint him as the next Leroy. Given that he is tweener at CB or S, I would prefer that the Packers don't draft him, we have enough of those guys.

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a bad comparison to Butler, but I honestly only saw King play twice, both games against the Badgers and I believe in 2015 he had 2 picks against Bucky. As you said, way too early to anoint him as the next Leroy. Given that he is tweener at CB or S, I would prefer that the Packers don't draft him, we have enough of those guys.
Yeah, I am not sure he is a fit with the Packers, especially if they re-sign Hyde. Reminds me of Hyde, a fellow Hawkeye, although King has more ball skills than Hyde. I hope people don't think I am comparing him to Butler at his peak.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not sure he is a fit with the Packers, especially if they re-sign Hyde. Reminds me of Hyde, a fellow Hawkeye, although King has more ball skills than Hyde. I hope people don't think I am comparing him to Butler at his peak.

Well see what he does at combine. He is more explosive then Hyde. Iowa put him out there on an island but can he do that in the pros is the question. He has a better chance then Hyde did to do that IMO.

I really like King. I just dont know if he is right guy for Packers right now.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched Desmond King make plays for 2 years at Iowa, defense and special teams. He is faster than Hyde but I see the comparison. I think he can play both corner and Saftey and can be return man. If you watch his tape you see a talented defender with great confidence. I wouldnt mind drafting him if he fell to the 3rd. But I see him as a late 2nd early 3rd pick. Dallas is a team I see seeking his versatility!

Members online

Latest posts