DeShawn Wynn placed on IR

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have activated wide receiver Koren Robinson and placed running back DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement Tuesday.

Robinson, a seventh-year pro from North Carolina State, was officially reinstated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Oct. 18 and has been practicing under a league roster exemption since Oct. 22. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound player saw action in four games with the Packers last season as a kick returner and reserve receiver. Robinson will wear No. 81.

Wynn, a 5-foot-10, 232-pound rookie from Florida, started four games at running back for the Packers this season and saw action in all seven games. He rushed for 203 yards and four touchdowns on 50 carries.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Grant, Morency and Jackson for RB's now. Hopefully Jackson can play special teams and grant pounds the ball through.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, it's surprising that Wynn has been put on IR, but he's such a fragile creature that it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway.

We have a strange kind of depth at RB. It's not quality depth. They're all about the same, which is not very good. Maybe Grant can build on last night's performance.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I saw something from Grant that I haven't seen from the others, consistently. He was constantly punishing tacklers for tackling him. He didn't hesitate hitting holes either.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet on the injury.......but the news just said it was alot more serious then previously thought.
Well.....everyone was wondering who would give up their roster spot. Dang...........I liked Wynn too. :(

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I thought it was just a hangnail, I feel bad for the kid. When he was in there for any extended time, he looked ok. That "glass joe" reputation sure is going to follow him for some time.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I thought it was just a hangnail, I feel bad for the kid. When he was in there for any extended time, he looked ok. That "glass joe" reputation sure is going to follow him for some time.
Yes, it will. Till he proves otherwise.....if he ever gets the chance that is.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. 3/4 of the guys on this board (including myself) believed Wynn should be the starting RB for our team.

Hopefully he will toughen up in the off season can come in and compete for a roster spot next year against Ray Rice and Michael Turner (just kidding).

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya ik i heard about that i was gonna put a post about that to lol but i sucks and im hopful to see how robinson will do

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm im just hearing this news.....if you ask me deshawn wynn's days in green and gold are just about over. The knock on him as always been hes injury prone. I mean the potential on him has always been tremendous he was the highest recruited running back coming out of highschool, but he could not stay healthy.

Im now Ryan Grants biggest fan, kids got some game

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The impression that many have had of Wynn is that he is soft and doesn't like to play through injury. Now this one might very well be serious, but I'm suspect on this. It looks to me that McCarthy just had his fill of the kid and his injuries. Jackson could be the next to go. I think Wynn flashed enough talent to take a look at him, but if you keep getting injured eventually you have to find someone else. I like this Grant kid way better than any other running back on our team. Look for good things if he can hold on to the ball.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant's starting on Sunday so I went and picked him up in Fantasy this week. The kid has high hopes.

As for Wynn; not a major loss, he had a decent first half of the year for the most part but Grant looks to fill his hole.

Koren being back is awesome as well. Hopefully he's utilized well on Sunday.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We played a rotten rush defense last night; keep that in mind. I'm in no way filing for "resident curmudgeon," don't get the wrong idea. I like Grant so far as well. Is a decent compliment in the passing game and has a nice big frame to punish defenses.

Mark my words: the Kansas City game will be a one score margin of victory for whoever wins. We'll NEED that run game unless we want the defense to repeat a Redskins-game-type-of-performance.

Reaction score
I wonder what the injury was.

McCarthy, in his conference today, said it was a significant shoulder injury... so did he break his shoulder, sprain it badly, or what?

Either way, time for B-Jack to step up.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought this would be just a way to get koren on the list without having to cut someone yet

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
i thought this would be just a way to get koren on the list without having to cut someone yet

very plausible

I thought that at first, but Wynn didn't return after being hurt and McCarthy said it was an injury very similar to the one that kept Moll out for a couple months. Wynn's season was basically done if that was the case.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings all - new poster here and kinda from the far north as well (Denmark more specifically). Been a fan since 01-02 season I think. It isn’t long, I know that... but that doesn’t make me any less devoted to the team.

Well enough of that.

I was really cheering for Wynn to get healthy and being our starter for the rest of the year. I'm not too impressed with Grant... just yet. I mean, he got his 104 yards of rushing against Denver, but it wasn't pretty. If they can get something going against KC, I might be won over.

Too bad for Wynn really. He looked good out there at times - I hope for him he'll bounce back next year, with the Pack or somewhere else.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really cheering for Wynn to get healthy and being our starter for the rest of the year. I'm not too impressed with Grant... just yet. I mean, he got his 104 yards of rushing against Denver, but it wasn't pretty. If they can get something going against KC, I might be won over.

Welcome to the board. We've got several people from overseas now.

I actually think it's encouraging that Grant's performance "wasn't pretty." He had to fight for a lot of his yards. He was willing and able to put his shoulder down and pick up the extra 2-3 yards at the end of his runs. His big play ability is still questionable, but he did have one big play against the Giants. I think it was a screen pass that went for about 40 yards.

I'm afraid Wynn may be too fragile to play professional football. Too bad, because he worked hard to become the starting RB. But if he is as fragile as he seems, no amount of offseason training is going to cure that.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes a man to play running back and you simply have to be able to play through injuries. All of the great one's do. There are a lot of athletes sitting at home on Sunday's because they didn't have that one thing in their gut that made them special, courage. Now that may sound like a slam on Wynn, but his injury may be bad, but he also has a history of not playing when he's sore.
It's nice to have a coach that says, you're hurt, we're bringing someone else in. Call us when you're ready.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Noooooooooooo! Not Wynn!!! Crap there goes our Running Game!

On a serious note, sucks hes injured, hope he comes back strong next year.

Members online

Latest posts