Derek Carr benched

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just want thoughts from you boys on this considering Tae wanted to go there because of him. Carr is done there I believe. Now what for #17? Seems he’s stuck? Maybe another reason he left that he didn’t say to the media?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought Carr was that great, but I don’t think they need to look any further than their head coach. McDaniels is what sucks in that team.

Davante did what he thought was best for his family, life, happiness etc. things don’t always go as planned, but he’s probably thinking “ how can we get this back on track”. He was practically boo’d out of the league by Packer “fans” early in his career. You think he quits now? Or sits and feels sorry for himself? It’s not in his make up

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy thought just struck me but it actually might not be that far fetched...

I could see a possible outcome in which Davante Adams dwmands a trade and Jordan Love also demands ti be traded

Could an Adams for Love trade become a reality? I hate to say it seems like a defenite possibility

Im hoping Love stays and Rodgers plays 1 more year (2023) and then we get to see if we got 3 in a row ...That may not be realistic tho...and I can only imagine having Adams, Watson, and Doubs as your top 3 wrs with Aaron Rodgers at qb!

Would you rather have Adams back with a Rodgers committed to playing out his contract, while losing Love and Aaron Jones

Or keep Rodgers Love and Jones in 2023 while promising Love he will be the starter in 2024

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Jayzee1981

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I could see a possible outcome in which Davante Adams dwmands a trade and Jordan Love also demands ti be traded

Could an Adams for Love trade become a reality? I hate to say it seems like a defenite possibility

Im hoping Love stays and Rodgers plays 1 more year (2023) and then we get to see if we got 3 in a row ...That may not be realistic tho...and I can only imagine having Adams, Watson, and Doubs as your top 3 wrs with Aaron Rodgers at qb!

Would you rather have Adams back with a Rodgers committed to playing out his contract, while losing Love and Aaron Jones

Or keep Rodgers Love and Jones in 2023 while promising Love he will be the starter in 2024
Man it seems “ Madden” like to me, but it isn’t far fetched. I just don’t see our regime doing this. They’ve showed their pussification enough. Not to mention we’d have to break down the money and cap hits and such.

OP
OP
Jayzee1981

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Having Adams back and losing Love and Jones is a loaded question though. The money. The cap situation because of it. Now you need a compliment to Dillon with their system. Need to have an idea who can replace ARod, all the while need to fix your OLine. And Lowry, sign Gary. So many ??? The boys in the office hasn’t shown me the balls for this.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are on crack. Carr is back in LV next year (along with Adams). They’re shutting down Carr to see what their backup has in the tank. Adams wanted out of Green Bay for 2 reasons. A) Rogers was a head case taking down the team in the near term (check), and B) his wife probably didnt want to live in Green Bay - neither are unreasonable motivations

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no way for the Raiders to trade Adams. They would take an additional cap hit of $17 million for next season by doing it. Not gonna happen.

That would be crazy with the contract he just signed. Not to mention what team would give up the farm or take that contract up.

Adams would only count $6.64 million towards the cap for a team acquiring him in a trade next season. The Raiders can't afford to trade him because of the cap though.

You guys are on crack. Carr is back in LV next year (along with Adams). They’re shutting down Carr to see what their backup has in the tank. Adams wanted out of Green Bay for 2 reasons. A) Rogers was a head case taking down the team in the near term (check), and B) his wife probably didnt want to live in Green Bay - neither are unreasonable motivations

The first reason you listed couldn't be further from the truth.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like the Raiders might "have" to trade Adams...he's sounding like he's not gonna give them a choice if they get rid of Carr...Adams basically just posted as much on Ig I think it was. Complete with a middle finger emoji too

I agree there's little to no chance he ends up back as a Packer but it sure seems like hes the kinda dude that isn't playing...I dont think he's just saying stuff to say it

Theyre gonna trade him to somebody if they jetison Carr

As far as that 17 million cap hit goes...from what I can find the Raiders are currently projected to have 32.7 m in cap space. And thats before they jetison Carr which would net them another 20 m plus against the cap. So, bottom line in this scenario they would have enough space to absorb that 17 m cap hit

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a clusterfuq in LV. IF they can find a trade partner for Carr they can save $29Mil on the cap, but Carr's base salary of $32.9Mil is owed by new team. Can't trade Adams without incurring $31Mil dead cap. so he's stuck in Vegas regardless of who the new QB is. IMHO trading Love to LV would be a HUGE gift ($2.3Mil base salary, 24 yrs old & ready to become a very good (IMHO) starter) which I wouldn't be in favor of doing.

AR is untrade-able because of the $98Mil dead cap that GB would absorb... he either stays & plays or retires (which would give GB less of a cap hit). ** Correction, just read OTC's 10/24 article by Jason Fitzgerald stating "If Rodgers were to be traded prior to June 1st the Packers would take on a $40,313,750 cap hit in 2023. If he was traded after June 1st it would be a $15,833,570 cap hit in 2023 with $24,480,000 due in 2024." I guess this could be a realistic, possible situation IF AR, GB & LV can agree on a deal.

Can Adams buy-back his freedom by returning $31Mil to LV and then become a FA? That would essentially mean he played this season for "only" $12Mil but would allow him to move on. LV would regain cap room, but lose out on any trade value for Adams... basically giving GB 1st & 2nd round '22 picks for 1 year of Adams' services.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to get rid of their HC. Why they hired him in the first place is a mystery to me.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I don't see any way that Adams ends up back in Green Bay, but I don't think LV is shutting down Carr just to see what the backup has.

They're protecting themselves. They can easily get out of his contract after this season, but it's probably guaranteed for injury. So they're not giving him the chance to get hurt. It's the same reason why the Colts wouldn't let Matt Ryan play anymore.

LFG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would love to see Adams, Watson, and Doubs with Rodgers. BUT the O line needs help. You have to have time for these guys to make moves, get open and down field.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is untrade-able because of the $98Mil dead cap that GB would absorb... he either stays & plays or retires
I'm wondering about this. If we took a major cap hit like that; would that mean we would have to let all our good players go? Because if we could get by that cap hit for one year (and then it goes away); we could be in very good shape immediately after. And if another team takes ARod, and it includes all that money; it would certainly be worth a lot of trade pick compensation. I don't mind kicking the compensation down the road. For now, we've been kicking the can. If we had to just suck it up for one year; that might be worth it. I admit I don't know if it is possible. But it is something I would be willing to do. If The Pack wins the super bowl then that is out the window and we go for two in a row. If not; and if possible; I would like it. One terrible year and then back in the hunt. Prefer that to years of mediocrity with one super bowl...maybe.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

No matter how this season ends, I would rather Rodgers either retire or get traded to Las Vegas (or anyone else for that matter). I'm very ready for Love to be our starting QB and a seasoned veteran to be his backup. I would much rather have Jones and Love, than Rodgers and Adams in 2023.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering about this. If we took a major cap hit like that; would that mean we would have to let all our good players go? Because if we could get by that cap hit for one year (and then it goes away); we could be in very good shape immediately after. And if another team takes ARod, and it includes all that money; it would certainly be worth a lot of trade pick compensation. I don't mind kicking the compensation down the road. For now, we've been kicking the can. If we had to just suck it up for one year; that might be worth it. I admit I don't know if it is possible. But it is something I would be willing to do. If The Pack wins the super bowl then that is out the window and we go for two in a row. If not; and if possible; I would like it. One terrible year and then back in the hunt. Prefer that to years of mediocrity with one super bowl...maybe.
I'm glad you ain't GM!;)

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter how this season ends, I would rather Rodgers either retire or get traded to Las Vegas (or anyone else for that matter). I'm very ready for Love to be our starting QB and a seasoned veteran to be his backup. I would much rather have Jones and Love, than Rodgers and Adams in 2023.
I'm also glad you ain't GM!:p

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carr is done in LV. They sent him home due to injury guarantees in his contract. They don't want to take the chance that he gets hurt in practice, let alone in a game.

The Raiders are a train wreck but that's what you get with a team who's owner sports a bowl haircut.

Members online

Latest posts