Denver Letting A "GO TO" Receiver

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should Packers consider if cutting a WR or two, (who knows) bring in Emmanuel Sanders from Denver. Seems like a pliable option as oppose to the Dez thread earlier. I like his quickness and he could be on the outside with Adams and let Jordy or Cobb go to slot... Could be nice..

Thoughts? Or move along...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about going after him now over letting one of these guys just finish their contract, as I still feel this is a competitive team this year and make moves and push for title next year. I don't think with how things are currently that making a move here or there gives us that great of a chance because of cap and other roster considerations and what's coming down the road I think it just ties our hands more.

So that's kind of the mindset I have when considering these things, big surprise I still think these guys finish their contracts or if they're cut, that money isn't going to be used to sign another high priced WR to replace them with. They'll go cheaper at that position if they do make moves this year. But as for Sanders over Dez? Give me Sanders any day. Dez is hype, hype and more hype. Ever Dallas game I watched last year I swear he dropped more balls than he caught and spent more time *****ing on the sideline than running with the ball.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be mixing him up with someone else, but hasn't Sanders been a flop since he left the Steelers?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be mixing him up with someone else, but hasn't Sanders been a flop since he left the Steelers?
thinking of wallace maybe?

I think Sanders has done fine since leaving them. I don't think he's done any more than the 2 guys we have though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, he didn't do much last year, i admittedly didn't watch any Broncos games. It seems they suffered from no QB to get the ball downfield and all sorts of offensive and defensive woes. But then that's just my impression of listening to talking heads on the radio.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we don't have have James Jones anymore, our offense is very similar to the year when the media and fans complained of "no speed" in our WR corps. Nelson appears to have lost something, Cobb is a quick-change slot receiver, Richard Rodgers is our TE, and then we've got height in Allison. Our two speed guys are Janis and Davis, but neither can run a route clean enough to get onto the field.

In my mind, two things need to change: #1) We need to add legitimate speed to the roster, and #2) McCarthy needs to commit to using it. I hate hearing that certain people only get on the field due to packages. That's a bunch of BS. I realize the truth behind it but the reality is that we need to find ways to design packages that get speedy guys out on the field. That's when Nelson and Cobb can be the most dangerous....when the safeties have to worry about taking the top off of a speedy WR's deep route.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not sure that WR is the place to invest more cap space, but if he sits out there forever and ends up being a value, why not?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that WR is the place to invest more cap space, but if he sits out there forever and ends up being a value, why not?
if they want to to cut or trade cobb or cut jordy and get a value vet, i'm ok with that.

Reaction score
Denver and GB have been recent draft trade partners. We’re in different Conferences and unlikely to see one another in games that Count

If there is a player deemed worthy that slips rounds between rounds 2-4, I think GB should be prepared to work a trade deal using 1 or more compensatory picks or combine it with a 6-7th rounder.
If we have 4 Compensatory picks and possibly another late pick for McCray as I’ve seen stated, I’d like to see use that as leverage to trade up. The only round I’m opposed trading in is round 1 because it’s obviously far too costly.

Consequently, if we don’t trade at least 1-2 picks minimum, we will likely be forced to cut multiple draft picks from our roster at final cutdowns and these will be hard choices.
I’ll take my chances with a couple earlier picks rounds 2-4 to get a better quality player fit (the Monty and Linsley types) and fewer late round compensatory picks or 7th rounders (the Duprey and Mays types)
The word of the this years draft needs to “Condense”. We’ve been playing conservative Poker all week so to speak, Weve survived the cut down to the last table n final 5 players in a Texas Hold ‘Em tourney and it’s time to double down Before the “Aaron Rodgers Poker Championship Series” finale ends

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being only a 7th, I find the 'state secret' status of the conditional trade to be amusing. Even the Bills' sites give a shoulder shrug over whether or not they've got their own 7th rounder this year.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say I'm super excited about Sanders over Dez. If the money were right I'd easily take Dez still because of the size/speed combination. But I feel Gute is gonna be happy with who we have right now, and if he does add to the roster it will be through the Draft.

If I were him I'd cut Davis and Janis and pull the trigger on a WR in the 3rd. Like someone mentioned in amother thread, we could easily see 5-7 QBs go in the 1st Round, and then there are several other prospects not WRs(including our own pick) who are not WRs and will be 1st Round locks. So 1/3 of the Draft may not be a WR, so in the 3rd we may find a WR with a early to mid 2nd Round grade.

My Pick: St. Brown from Notre Dame

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I think Sanders could produce more than Cobb for the same money.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cob deserves another pass, he was on pace for about 600-800 yards and 8 TDs until AR went down. He'll be just fine and earn his pay in 2018.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cob deserves another pass, he was on pace for about 600-800 yards and 8 TDs until AR went down. He'll be just fine and earn his pay in 2018.

Cobb hasn't performed up to the contract he signed three years ago. 600-800 yards isn't good enough for a receiver averaging $10 million per season.

Members online