Denver Billboard Urges Them To Start Tebow

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/29344120/detail.html

And this is why I am glad we're all just fans and not running the business.

It's actually pathetic if you ask me, the fans go this far, this much money into putting up a sign.

So what would happen if Tebow started?

Did he look good last year?

Why does he get so much media attention anyway?

Orton is not a guy that's going to lead you into the Super Bowl, but he's better than Tebow cause he can complete passes and don't have fame for his legs.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe he gets so much media attention either... I mean did you know last year or when he was drafted he had the top selling NFL jersey? Yeah that's great he had an awesome career at Florida... but from what I've seen from him I don't think he'd be a good QB in the NFL. His mechanics are horrible, he gets trigger happy when he senses pressure, and he wasn't all that impressive when he went 2-1 as a starter last year.

I don't know, I think Fox is smart keeping Orton. Orton as you said ain't going to lead you to the Super Bowl, but he'll win you a few games.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand all this stuff either, Bogart.
The fans and the coaches both see something different in Tim.
But which one is right?
My money is on the coaches.

Denver doesn't have anything to lose. Except more games.
So go ahead. Start him.
But if he turns out to be awesome (I expect it would be a ladder to climb like it was for A-Rod) then don't start him until after the Pack plays the Broncos.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, it can't be that bad of an idea for them. If something is not working for you, than try something else to fix it. Change QBs. Anything.

Pacifus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I just left the Denver boards. Hope I can find a home here (will always be a Broncos fan first, but I lived in Wisconsin for 8 years, and what can I say? I have come to love the Pack). Those Tebow fans are a sham and hopefully they all go back to college football when Tebow is proven to be a false profit. These fans are a joke and I feel shame for them -- only because they lack the capacity to feel it.

EDIT: BTW, people are talking about Orton like he lost the two games (two very physical hard-fought losses -- and yes, about to be 3). Never mind the fact that the season is only 3 weeks old. Even if Orton goes down with an injury, Quinn is clearly the #2. /Rant

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I do believe Tebow is a nice kid. I won't say he's not, listening to him in interviews, he sounds like a man you could sit down and have a drink with in the morning. But I don't hate him because of his religious beliefs. That's the LAST THING I really care about when judging something in football. When I talk about him on other forums I get SWARMED by people defending him and they throw that out at me "You must not like him cause he's so religious wah wah wah". Look, Reggie White was a preacher, and did that make him a bad person? Nope...

I cannot believe he had the top selling jersey last season! OMG that is terrible...I would have believed Brees, Manning or Brady had the top selling jersey besides someone that is not even the starter.

ESPN is to blame for all of this. They have made this kid out like he's god. You don't know who is good on the Denver team because "TEBOW!!!!!!" is all they ****ing talk about.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Tebow for the record doesn't drink. But I feel bad he is getting the short end of the stick in Denver. Hope he can land a team that will treat him well. If not in Denver.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm bringing this one back because of Tim's recent game.
Broncos just beat an 0-5 team and everyone (Media) is all acting like they just won the SB!
NBC/Bob Costas goes on about him with full on bromance for like 30 hours during halftime and then he concludes by saying, "We'll just have to wait and see." Then why waste all our time with all that Tebow crud, Bob?
Tim did not have a perfect game. They didn't outplay the Fins and only did his best the last few minutes.
It's just one game against a worse team and all the media is all acting like he is the best thing since sliced bread.
I can't wait to see how it will go with Lions vs Broncos next Sunday.
Of course I want the Lions to lose but if they win I'll be happy with that too.
Anything to shut them all up about Tebow.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him, he tries his best and loves the sport. I want to see him excel but I am not sure if he is accurate enough to be a big league QB. His passing motion is rather odd, I see that type of thing a lot up here in Canada with the CFL but I don't think that will work in the big league for very long; you need to be accurate and you need to be able to get the ball out of your hand fast.

Members online

Latest posts