1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dempsy is terrible

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerbacker04, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why the heck was this guy in the game. It looks to me like ever since Woodson stepped in the vikings didnt move the ball down field at all. I thought that was the turning point of the game was getting that guy out of the game. :rotflmao:

2. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dempsy??????????????

You mean Dendy

3. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thats what I meant cause I really never heard of this guy before but he played bad. He reminded me of Tyrone Williams.

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Still does a better job than Ahmad Carroll. I definately think GB needs to find a nickel back for next year though.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dendy is gonna be a nice little CB. You only hear his name when hes been bad, but hes been playing for WEEKS. You heard ACs name every game..

6. kewlbeans

kewlbeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen very much of him so far. I've read from other posters here and there that they were not impressed so far. I did see his pick and kudos to him for making it, but it was a horrible throw right to him.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    funny the week he has a 'bad' week(i thought he played ok, yes he did get beat, not BURNED, a couple times, even forced his guy to make a 1 handed catch) even though hes been playing FOR WEEKS

8. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it was more the reciever's fault on that. He sort of stutter stepped and slowed his route way down and Johnson threw it deep like he should've just kept going.

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dendy never came out of the game, as far as I could tell. He just played better toward the end. He's a young guy, and there's a lot of room for improvement. But he's not nearly as bad as Carroll. Give him time, give him time.

10. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why hate on dendy. He made an int and the anylists even said he had good coverage on that play with the one handed catch. I say hes good.

11. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sheesh I hope Woodson and Harris never leave cause it doesn't seem like anyone will be given a chance to learn. Carroll had 3 years and proved it just wasn't gonna work out. Dendy is just getting going and I think will be just fine. What young corner doesn't get picked on. I;m predicting he'll be around the league for years to come. On that one handed catch I'm not sure what more he's asked to do? I'll repeat, there's no Defence for a perfect throw and catch!

12. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah the kid is head and shoulders above Carroll. Plus he's not getting penalites either. Made a great play on the INT.

13. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    "This Guy" is also a kid. He is learning.

This is the damn N.F.L. It takes time. The kid has played what 9 maybe 10 games?

Can we all please just stop ******** on young kids who have NOT been outstanding with a total of 10 games in the NFL under their belt. Can we all just stop starting threads like this about, young kids who are learning and who show a postitive up side, young kids who are working hard to get better and may one day be a Woodson.

Woodson has played in One Hundred and Fifteen Games. Patrick has played in 10. There may be a little learning curve there.... Ya Think?

One would expect Woodson might have learned a "Tad" more than Patrick at this point of both of their careers.

I think the answer to your question is.... The reason young Patrick was on the field is becuase Woodson was hurting, and PERHAPS... Just Perhaps.... Some brain thought it might be a good opportunity to get the kid a little more experience and let him learn from his failures so he has a chance to be a Woodson like player one day.

I am sure you were meaning well with your thoughts..... But let us all try to look at the BIG, WIDE, and LONG TERM goal of building a player.

Give the kid a break, and do not start a thread that bashes a a 24 year old player about his performance. If he had a bad attitude, I can understand it, start a thread about his bad attitude. But that is not the case here.

Just my opinion.... Take the best and leave the rest.

RP

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Deion Sanders whom some think is the greatest Corner ever said during NFL Game day that Dendy had good coverage on Bethel Johnson and that Johnson just made a nice play. So if it's coming from his mouth I think it should be good enough for most. Sanders was probably as good as it gets when it comes to playing corner.

So Dendy really only got burnt once. This is the only play that sticks out in my mind so far from him this year as well. So consider that and then consider Carroll was good to give up at least one big play and at least a holding penalty a game. I think I'll keep my complaints to myself when it comes to this guy.

Of course if he makes it a trend like Carroll then we have a problem....

15. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dendy wasnt even drafted right? How can you all complain about him. Most undrafted FA dont even get this far.

16. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Furthermore, the pick he made wasn't easy and it wasn't thrown right to him, he had to run it down, and catch it over his shoulder. AND he caught it. Ask Al and Charles about dropping balls that were thrown right to them.

Dendy is going to be a very good CB. He's fast, good hands and he's learning. I like what I see.

17. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hah! I read every post in this thread with this same thought in mind - how many DB's drop passes thrown right at them. Like they say, if you could catch you'd be playing WR. Funny how you read an entire thread ready to post your thoughts and the very last post takes the wind out of your sails! :D

18. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, confusing Patrick Dendy with Patrick Dempsey..someone has been watching too many chick-flicks..

[​IMG]

Vs.

[​IMG]

I don't really see the resemblance.