Demetri Goodson

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Tyler Dunne has a story on jsonline titled, “Packers' cornerback Demetri Goodson wants to tackle starting role”.

Last edited:

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly makes more sense now why they decided to let Davon and Tramon get sererely overpaid in free agency.

Who knows if Goodson is the answer but I like that he's confident and he certainly has the tools. We'll see. Datone said he wanted to be the best defensive player in the league last year. Talk is cheap.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's Datone? And I like Goodson, he's a smooth athlete so maybe with some in game reps he can do what Sam shields did and become a serviceable player.

H

HardRightEdge

Tyler Dunne has a story on jsonline titled, “Packers' cornerback Demetri Goodson wants to tackle starting role”. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ckle-starting-role-b99478273z1-299280341.html

Many of us would have preferred Jumal Rolle to Goodson but since that ‘ship has already sailed’, what about Goodson? As Dunne’s article says, he’s certainly raw but at 5’11”, 197 pounds, 4.4 speed and a 37-inch vertical he’s got the physical attributes necessary to succeed at CB. Of course it takes more than that. Goodson spent the season playing on the scout team and says he intercepted Rodgers six or seven times. As he says, that’s practice. As the quote indicates, in addition to having the physical attributes he’s also very confident which is a necessity for a DB.

Certainly competition will be arriving soon in Green Bay, and if a CB is chosen in the first three rounds I expect him to get every opportunity to get on the field. But next season’s dime back may already be on the roster.
Well, he certainly has the attitude of a cover corner. That's a start.

However, the proof is in the putting, Cervantes notwithstanding. ;) I wish I had a Benjamin for every cocky cornerback who became a regular burn victim.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I would like to hear Rodgers' honest opinion of Goodson. Obviously it was just practice but he would know how often Goodson made a legit play vs. his throwing the ball in practice as he has in games when he gets a "free" play.
Man, I do not like you...hope you don't doubt that.
And you're an a hole.

H

HardRightEdge

Isn't "brah", not "bro", the current locution favored among trendsetters? I have no problem with going old school, but "bro" does sound a little 2010. ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

I read the article yesterday as well and was wondering about what Rodgers is thinking about a corner, who hasn't played a single snap in the league, bragging about picking him off on the scout team several times.

It kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Talk is cheap, better prove it on the field.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for that, Dan115.
I read the article yesterday as well and was wondering about what Rodgers is thinking about a corner, who hasn't played a single snap in the league, bragging about picking him off on the scout team several times. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Talk is cheap, better prove it on the field.
Talk is cheap but IMO what Rodgers thinks about it would depend upon whether or not he actually said that to Goodson.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I read the article yesterday as well and was wondering about what Rodgers is thinking about a corner, who hasn't played a single snap in the league, bragging about picking him off on the scout team several times.

It kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Talk is cheap, better prove it on the field.
I didn't read it that way. I thought he was sufficiently deferential to Rodgers and Nelson. He was essentially quoting Rodgers. I'm excited and somewhat relieved after reading that article. More proof that a lot goes on behind closed doors that we fans aren't privy to. Time will tell if once again TT has caught lightning in a bottle. Joe Whitt must be really, really good. I wish I felt the same way about the DL coach.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks for that, Dan115. Talk is cheap but IMO what Rodgers thinks about it would depend upon whether or not he actually said that to Goodson.

I didn't read it that way. I thought he was sufficiently deferential to Rodgers and Nelson. He was essentially quoting Rodgers. I'm excited and somewhat relieved after reading that article. More proof that a lot goes on behind closed doors that we fans aren't privy to. Time will tell if once again TT has caught lightning in a bottle. Joe Whitt must be really, really good. I wish I felt the same way about the DL coach.

Don't get me wrong, if Goodson is actually right about it I'm excited, but I would feel better about it if Rodgers or anybody else would have come up with it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Knowing Rodgers he will figure out someway to hold it against the kid.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has gambled on a point guard turning out to be a decent cover corner. The way he dumped Rolle and let House and Williams walk he must thing Goodson is the real deal.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
TT has gambled on a point guard turning out to be a decent cover corner. The way he dumped Rolle and let House and Williams walk he must thing Goodson is the real deal.
He didn't dump Rolle. He was claimed off the practice squad.

Members online