Demarcus Ware...

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off the refs are inconsistant in today's NFL, but that has to do more with the rules being over complicated and confusing than anything else.

Lets take a look at the two "controversial calls".

1) TO's "fumble" - Yes it looked like he lost possession and got the ball stripped (I'd question if the Packer got his foot inbounds...its close...)

However, this is not a fumble according to the NFL rules. We all might remember a play a few weeks back when Hall did the exact same thing (excpet he stripped the ball away and picked it up) in a game versus the giants. You could clearly hear a whistle AFTER the ball was jarred loose. The play was talked about on the NFL network and the league explaination is that the instant forward progress is stopped the play is imediately dead. The whistle doesn't matter and nothing else matters. The play ends the play.

So TO caught the ball and was immediately held up stopping his forward progress right there. Therefore ending the play immediately. The stripp happened after the play was already dead. This in the NFL eyes the the same thing as down by contact.

2) The PI call - The NFL guys went crazt on this call. They just kept harping it up..IMO they created this controversy. They needed something to "talk about" and they choose that play....

Okay, the Packer defender put two hands on the receiver, he grab breifly his shoulder, ran into the receiver impedding his ability to make a play on the ball and he NEVER looked back or attempted to make a play on the ball. According the the NFL rules, incidental contact is waht occurs when both the defender and receiver make a play on the ball. (catch that....you have to make a play on the ball which GB did not) or the two players have to be running stride for stride and they feet get tangled...

They were not stride ofr stride, the defender was beat by at least a step, he NEVER made a play on the ball. That is PI.

If you want to talk about bad calls, lets look at the offsides on Ware, which happend on 3rd down and allowed the drive to continue. Leading to points on the board......That is a bad call. You have to be in the netrual zone or beyond BEFORE the ball is snapped. That didn't happen.

-Domer

You decided for yourself..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Ware call is a touchy one no doubt. I think the refs were awful but my agreement with you stops there.

Pass Interference is classified the following way

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes

Jarrett Bush clearly did most of that in fact. Williams did not. There was some bumping going around but the receiver never broke stride. He tripped not because of Williams.

It's evident to the fact that the officials close to the play didn't throw the flag. The guy down the field got them to huddle up and throw the flag.

Williams was playing the ball as evident. He was not making intentional contact. Pass Interference is basically a judgement call. The ref made a touchy call and it played a big role in the game.

Forward progress is the location to which a ball carrier's forward momentum carries him before he is tackled. TO's momentum was still going. He was not stopped nor tackled. Harris ripped the ball right out of his hands.

A fumble is any act other than passing, kicking or successful handing that results in loss of player possession. TO lost possession of the football when Harris ripped it out.

I find it' baffling that you come to a Packer forum to argue that the calls against the Packers were right but the calls against the Cowboys weren't.

With all this said, Green Bay lost because Dallas beat them. The Refs didn't beat the Packers. Bad calls are apart of the game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love that cowboy fans feel they have to come on a packer forum and defending the referees.

If you think TO should have been ruled with forward progress... your a misinformed football fan.

Forward progress happens when a guy is running forward. you have to be moving forward to get progress. Then a guy has to tackle you or make some sort of standing you up move. Al was behind TO when TO came down.... how can you give someone forward progress when the corner is behind him... his forward progress was never stopped. It was the worst call ive ever seen and you know it. TO jumped caught the ball and before his feet landed AL was stipping the ball. It was a bull **** home cooking call. congrats you got this one.

OP
OP
I

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love that cowboy fans feel they have to come on a packer forum and defending the referees.

If you think TO should have been ruled with forward progress... your a misinformed football fan.

Forward progress happens when a guy is running forward. you have to be moving forward to get progress. Then a guy has to tackle you or make some sort of standing you up move. Al was behind TO when TO came down.... how can you give someone forward progress when the corner is behind him... his forward progress was never stopped. It was the worst call ive ever seen and you know it. TO jumped caught the ball and before his feet landed AL was stipping the ball. It was a bull **** home cooking call. congrats you got this one.

Took away a crucial Turnover. HI

HI

OP
OP
I

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok great so that puts the score at 5 bad calls to 1.

find more excuses...lets try one..

we accidentally scored more points than the packers....

T.O. said to change your signature..

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somewhat unbiased opinion:

1. Harris strip of TO. That was a fumble. BS on the forward motion being stopped. Harris wasnt pushing him. There wasnt 4 guys holding him up. Harris had the ball, in bounds. Now, in defense of the refs, that was a strange play. Harris was burned, and happened to have his arm in perfect position to take that ball away. GB Screw Factor (out of 10) - 9. (1 point deduct because it was an odd play)

2. PI on Williams. That was PI. Williams was initially looking back. He saw the ball coming, and knew he was beat. He he turned around and stopped looking back at the ball. HUGE mistake. He reached out with his hands and placed them on the reciever - didnt grab - but placed them on the receiver. HUGE mistake. THe legs got tangled. Williams was NOT going for the ball, was not looking back, and had his hands on the receiver. He did everything wrong. All those items are together begging for a flag. GB Screw Factor - 2 (Didnt really grab, incidental leg contact - there was as much 'appearance' of PI as there was PI, but I believe it was a good call overall) Ask yourself this - if the is DD, isnt Packer Nation in an uproar.

3. Ware Offsides - I never questioned the call during the game. I thought it was Offsides. Seeing the replay in the above animated gif - it was NOT offsides. Just a great anticipation. Dal Screw Factor - 8. (was there a fumble on that play that got overturned??? If so, I would bost the SF to a 9).

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Somebodies gotta tell TO those aren't pills... it was popcorn. :shock:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First......did you ever hear of the "nuetral zone infraction?" Plus, at the angle that you show, you arn't ON the line of scrimmage, the ref is.

Oh........and how about the "no call" on the touchdown that Greg Jennings made, when he was GRABBED by the facemask? Yes, he still scored, but the penalty would have been walked off on the kickoff.

Oh........and i thought using props was against the rules? I didn't know "popcorn" would not be considered a prop.
Owens just proved, he's STILL a punk.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought that was pretty funny stuff. Not as good as him mocking the Pats when he was filming with the ball.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was good with graphic stuff, id change that popcorn to poop. thats right, poop.

someone get on that.

poop.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Took away a crucial Turnover. HI

HI

That was a turnover? I thought they said the Packers recovered it. Or are you saying turnover because it would have been a punt and the Packers instead marched down the field and scored four touchdowns?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

I thought that was pretty funny stuff. Not as good as him mocking the Pats when he was filming with the ball.
Yeah..........funny. But against the rules.
The guy is a classless bum. He was in SF, and he was in Philly. Now he has opened his "clown act" in Dallas. I hope he does what he did to his two previous employers.
Talented? Yes.
100% jerk? Yes again.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Pack93z said:

The guy is a classless bum. He was in SF, and he was in Philly. Now he has opened his "clown act" in Dallas. I hope he does what he did to his two previous employers.
Talented? Yes.
100% jerk? Yes again.

I would put all this end zone celebration stuff in the same category as bounties...I love the rule that you cant spike the ball during regular play. It eliminates teh 'look at me, i ran 3 yards and got a first down' spike celebration. I like the end zone celebrations. Wonder what TO got fined for the popcorn?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talented? Yes.
100% jerk? Yes again.

I am really bad at this editing the quotes but, you are right about TO.

He is an ***. So is this cowpies fan.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Talented? Yes.
100% jerk? Yes again.

I am really bad at this editing the quotes but, you are right about TO.

He is an ***. So is this cowpies fan.
The guy is SO full of himself, it's rediculous. Thats why i can't help but wonder how long it will be before he destroys the Cowboys with his attitude or big mouth.
He's just a guy with NO class. NONE. He's school in the summertime.......NO CLASS.

If there is such a thing as "karma", he's gonna have an AWFUL 50 years or so.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would the Cowpokes be saying if TO would have broke that "tackle" and went the distance? Would they still believe forward progress was stopped?

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Progress stopped my ***. He was still moving forward when stripped.
The refs screwed the pooch and had to come up with an excuse.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would the Cowpokes be saying if TO would have broke that "tackle" and went the distance? Would they still believe forward progress was stopped?
Good point.........i bet they would be screaming! He was STILL moving, and not stopped in my view.
Lets face it, the refs sucked.........again. Unfortunatly theres nothing we can do about it, except vent here.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Just make sure you don't go into hiding when the Packers kick the Cowgirls *** in the game that really counts....Packers will be in the Super Bowl, Cowgirls will be watching. You better be a little more humble b/c when the Pack get healthy, the game won't be the same - count on it.

Remember, get your ******* back on this forum after the 2nd time they play.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivanfan12345 said:
Packnic said:

Just make sure you don't go into hiding when the Packers kick the Cowgirls *** in the game that really counts....Packers will be in the Super Bowl, Cowgirls will be watching. You better be a little more humble b/c when the Pack get healthy, the game won't be the same - count on it.

Remember, get your ******* back on this forum after the 2nd time they play.
See? This is also what upsets me. It might not be JUST this game the refs handed to Dallas. They may have handed them homefield advantage. There was a HUGE amount on this game. I think up here, we kick their butts by alot. Down there, they still have a HUGE edge with their slanted field and home fans.

Members online

Latest posts