Demand a recount!!!!!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers no longer America's team

The Green Bay Packers, who have been America's team for the last four seasons, surrendered that title in this year's Harris Poll of National Football League fans.

America's favorite pro football team is the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Packers remained near the top, finishing fourth this year.

Harris Interactive conducted a poll Sept. 7-13 of 2,747 adult respondents, 1,306 of whom said they followed pro football. The latter group was asked to name their two favorite NFL teams. Harris has conducted the same poll every year since 1998.

The Steelers, who beat Seattle in last season's Super Bowl, were chosen by 16% of the respondents, the most for any team. Next were the Dallas Cowboys (15%), followed by the Indianapolis Colts (13%), Packers (11%), New England Patriots (9%) and Chicago Bears (9%).

Named by the fewest respondents were the Jacksonville Jaguars (1%) and New Orleans Saints (2%).

Rumor has it the Jags have hired their own Harris to conduct the recount
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and the new numbers look like a dead heat between the Jags, the Dolphins and the Bucs, with the Packers still finishing 4th WTF??? :wink:

Since 2002, the Packers have finished first or tied for first. Until this season, the only two teams to finish first in the Harris poll were the Packers and the Cowboys

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just proves how many "fair weather fans" there really are out there. Suddenly the Steelers are "America's Team?"
Thats the bandwagon jumpers is all that is. I don't put any stock into it.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce,

Maybe they used one of those "rigged" Diebold electronic voting machines to do the count!

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't let that Bandwagon hit you in the *** when you jump off or on. That's what my Dad said to a neighbor many. many years ago when he was ranting about the Packers being losers. A loyal fan sticks with his/her team through the good, the bad, and the ugly. (They should make a movie with that title.)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Harris Interactive conducted a poll Sept. 7-13 of 2,747 adult respondents, 1,306 of whom said they followed pro football. The latter group was asked to name their two favorite NFL teams.

Until this season, the only two teams to finish first in the Harris poll were the Packers and the Cowboys

Of 2747 contacted only 1306 followed pro football. People located where? How were they contacted, landline? In a country of hundreds of millions.

I'm not excited by polls. I've seen too many slanted ones expecially during political season.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I think the Saints are "America's Team" for this year.

Rightly so.

I don't care if the Packers are "America's Team". They're my team and they always have been.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I always enjoy a down year or 2 cause it clears out the lousy fans.

How about a down DECADE or two...like the 70's and 80's.

I was there during the great Green Bay Packer Ice Age.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Now TT ruined a decade?! LMAO. Amazing!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
majikman said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Now TT ruined a decade?! LMAO. Amazing!

Thats not what Majik said Trom, way to go and try to turn this into a TT Hate/Love thing!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except majik mentions TT and his bringing of the 70s and 80s in every other post.

Way to miss the point, pyle. you're used to that though. swing and a miss, pyle.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
except majik mentions TT and his bringing of the 70s and 80s in every other post.

Way to miss the point, pyle. you're used to that though. swing and a miss, pyle.

Funny I don't see it in this one. You lose again, bye

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
Yared-Yam said:
I think the Saints are "America's Team" for this year.

Rightly so.

I don't care if the Packers are "America's Team". They're my team and they always have been.

And why is that?
Were the Giants and Jets America's teams after 9-11?

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't follow the NFL then you can't possibly have a favorite team. Half of the measly 2,700 polled probably never watch a game all season.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Wrong. Like you were wrong about the Ahmad Carroll interference call.

Didn't mention TT. Wasn't referring to him.

Just saying that some people here were Packer fans through 3 decades of losing, so be careful what you wish for, that's all.

But now that you mention it..I hope TT doesn't bring us a decade of losing.

But I wouldn't rule it out...yet.

Members online

Latest posts