1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DEI and Dale Jr - no more

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, May 10, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Dale Jr is leaving DEI.

I was a huge fan of Dale Sr, he and Barry Sanders were my idols. Everyone knows the company DEI was formed and intended to be handed down to his kids. Now, the stepmother, Teresa won't allow that to happen.

Just feels wrong to me.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I wonder what the real story behind this whole thing is.... there has got to be more to it than what has been let out. Maybe there has been and because of me distain for him I don't seek it out.

Nothing like his father, one of the greatest.

[​IMG]

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    He apparently wanted more than Teresa was willing to part with. It's downright a shame when everyone knows Sr wanted the kids to run the company.

Maybe Jr is just leaving to get a different vantage point of how other companies are being ran and he's going to come back an take control of the company in 20 years after he's retired from racing.

4. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Yes I agree there completely that Dale built that legacy in the sport, hence built the empire. You would think that they could split the company fairly between the kids and Theresa.

Funny how money and power trump what is really important, carrying out a loved ones wishes and legacy.

5. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Jr. will be driving the number 3 Budweiser car next year for Richard Childress Racing. i think thats what all this is about... besides Theresa being a flat out idiot. she wouldnt give up 51 percent and now shes lost 100 percent cause DEI is worthless without Jr.

Mark my words. haha or dont its just a hunch. but RCR did let the Goodwrench sponsor off the 29 car. and DEI wont let Jr. keep the number 8. so i can see it happening.

Little tidbit of info on myself. My parents actually live beside Dale Srs house and DEI. I dont live there anymore, but i did go to the same high school as Jr. and we both had the same Drivers Ed teacher. so i was taught to drive by the same guy as Dale Earnhardt Jr. i know wooopity doo... but i think its cool even though im a Harvick fan.

6. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    That is cool... maybe that is why Jr. can't get it done on the track... Daddy didn't teach him a drivers ed teacher did. Look both ways JR. :)

I was in Carolina in 2004 and toured DEI and Hendrick Motorsports. There is a stable of drivers and technology.

7. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    yeah Mooresville or as i call it Little Detroit is nothing but racing now. all the finest engineers, mechanics, and drivers are there now. it really is impressive all the technology there now... but the traffic sure does suck.

i was actually interning with an architect in mooresville soon after DEIs GarageMahal was built... and did a little work on the Dyno and other testing rooms..... there is some serious technology in that area.

8. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Yep that is one booming place, I would love to see some of the stuff behind the public wall. Better yet... let me take a hot lap or two on the speedway :)

That is some pretty country up around the Boone area and the drive down the Blueridge is some of the prettiest scenery around.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I wonder if Dale Jr is assuming Teresa is gonna run DEI into the ground and then he'll come back to DEI in a decade or so and resurrect it.