1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Defensive help? Why no looky at Jason Taylor,Bert Berry?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by flyguy4ever4, Mar 7, 2009.

1. flyguy4ever4

flyguy4ever4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing like a GB free agency period to put all the troops to sleep. Mentioned Berry and Taylor as they would fit that left side attacking OLB spot for us even as situational or part time players. Both those guys have way more QB rushing skills than the guys currently in depth chart of Poppinga,Chillar. Taylor is older and not sure on his health/left in tank but if healthy GB could use him as designated pass rusher which would be a huge upgrade. Berry could also being a productive guy in that left OLB spot. Nice to sign one of these guys before the draft in case things don't work out well then you have some bodies in place.

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I'd take Berry I suppose. For the right price.

I wouldn't touch Taylor with a 30 foot pole. He was invisible with Washington last year, and I think he'd be a giant waste of money.

3. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    if i could get Jason Taylor really cheap than id do it for veteran use and depth

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Man, for a 1 year contract, it doesn't kill your cap for the next years. And depth is allways good. But TT doesn't want a player just for a year...

5. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Taylor was injured most of last year but you have to wonder if his heart is still in the game. I heard one of the reasons why he was released was because he didn't relish all of the off season OTAs, etc. Gee, where have we heard that before? ;)

6. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Taylor wants to be in movies more than on the football field.