Defensive FA's will not bring Favre back.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
[align=center]Four of our losses were by 10 or more point deficits. (14, 10, 12 and 45)
Eight games were lost by 7 points or less. (2, 1, 3, 3, 7, 3, 5 and 7)
Five games were lost by 3 points or less. (2, 1, 3 , 3 and 3)[/align]

The 'numbers' make it look like we were a good kicker or consistent offensive TD weapon away from winning quite a bit of games.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero,
Yeah, a lot of tough losses, probably means we could of went 8-8 with a break here or there.

But when you look at our year end stats you can't hide what you find when you look at our overall rankings running and against the run. That coupled with the fact that we benefitted by playing a lot of backup QB's against teams when their #1 guy was hurt, and still lost most those games.

Playoff teams don't finish 31st in anything. We got things to fix. So what? Let's fix 'em. We don't need to replace a gazillion guys to get better on both sides of the ball.

I have said before "five new faces in the right places" and we a whole lot better.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Zero,
Yeah, a lot of tough losses, probably means we could of went 8-8 with a break here or there.

But when you look at our year end stats you can't hide what you find when you look at our overall rankings running and against the run. That coupled with the fact that we benefitted by playing a lot of backup QB's against teams when their #1 guy was hurt, and still lost most those games.

Playoff teams don't finish 31st in anything. We got things to fix. So what? Let's fix 'em. We don't need to replace a gazillion guys to get better on both sides of the ball.

I have said before "five new faces in the right places" and we a whole lot better.

I'm not disagreeing, but what back ups? B. Johnson and K. Orton are the only two that I can think of off the top of my head. And BJ is the starter and was the starter before. He also won a SB. I can't discredit him nearly as much as Orton.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles backup. I think McMahon. I think there was at least one other i dont remember who.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Eagles backup. I think McMahon. I think there was at least one other i dont remember who.

oh i took the comment as more than half our games were against back ups...

im really off base today geeez

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way do I want us taking a OL in the first round. The way I see it, TT should worry about what is in the best interest for the Packers and not in the best interest to get Favre back. If meaning us acquiring Woodson or Arrington and drafting Hawk or Williams doesn't bring Brett back, then so be it. Eventually he's going to retire.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We trade Javon and our first pick to denver for ashley lelie and their two first rounders. WE draft that justice guy and maybe like that guy from USC (ol) or sinorice moss.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO O-line in the first 3 rounds if you ask me. while i agree the game is won in the trenches... your more likely to benefit from a well oiled line than a bunch of new young talent. I just think higher draft picks should be reserved for immediate impact players... its been said a bunch but O-lines can take three years to Gel. not to mention we found offensive lineman gems in late draft rounds before.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With few exceptions, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!

Maybe TT knows a bit more about football than many of us have given him credit.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen Brother.

A great defense and formidable running game=SB

SEE LAST YEAR: Seattle vs. Pittsburgh

You don't HAVE to have an all-world QB to win. Neither of these teams did.

Now. You put great defense, formidable running game, AND, Bret Favre on the field? Look out. He will carve you up like a deer hanging from a Mississippi hardwood.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well TT obviously knows more than us, he is an NFL Gm we arent. A great defense is almost essential for a championship. Look at Indy they havent made it there. And they have a Great Ofeense.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Even if we sign both Woodson and Arrington, Favre's decision will hinge on the Offense, specifically the O-line.

Look at Mortensen's article and Favre's past comments. The guy is concerned about getting his head taken off behind, what he perceives to be, an average to below average O-line.

Favre may be waiting for TT and MM to make a commitment to getting D. Ferguson in the draft. If they tell him that they will get him or other top O-linemen in the draft who can start right away, Favre could return. (Note: Winston Jutice is another 1st round beast. If we made the Denver trade we could get him at #15 and still add more at #22).

So who would of brought Favre back? overpaying for Hutchinson? Randel El? Lloyd? Going after Edge??

Taking D'Brick makes little sense. He's a primary LT and we have Clifton who can't be moved.