Defensive Coordinator?

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this sanders guy as the packs defensive coordinator?? Is he good? Is he better than bates?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's worked under bates for a couple years, and is keeping the same defensive scheme. He was the Dline coach last year I believe(im not sure, someone?) and was promoted to DC.

I call him Jim Bates Jr.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
He's worked under bates for a couple years, and is keeping the same defensive scheme. He was the Dline coach last year I believe(im not sure, someone?) and was promoted to DC.

I call him Jim Bates Jr.

lol Jim Bates Jr. I actually think next year isnt gonna be bad our defensive should be good like last year all we need to do is get some good guards and two good recieversand we should be in good shape plus lets hope Favre comes back

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have solid hopes for our D. A lot of the same people, and some BETTER people, same scheme, a familiar coach,etc,etc,etc...

If we can get someone who is not named Carroll starting at CB...then we're gold

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I have solid hopes for our D. A lot of the same people, and some BETTER people, same scheme, a familiar coach,etc,etc,etc...

If we can get someone who is not named Carroll starting at CB...then we're gold

How about Ike Taylor?? What if TT can land him??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he needs to land somebody. people think im a tt-lover and ill defend him to the death, but the truth is he hasnt done anything to make me hate him. if he doesnt get a good CB, i will be one upset man.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
he needs to land somebody. people think im a tt-lover and ill defend him to the death, but the truth is he hasnt done anything to make me hate him. if he doesnt get a good CB, i will be one upset man.

He just signed Pickett!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tromadz, Michael Hawkins has bulked up to 190ish and retains all of that 4.25 speed....look for him to challenge.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Tromadz, Michael Hawkins has bulked up to 109ish and retains all of that 4.25 speed....look for him to challenge.
109ish?? dont you mean 190ish??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Tromadz, Michael Hawkins has bulked up to 190ish and retains all of that 4.25 speed....look for him to challenge.

Good news. I did not hear he did that. I was hoping one of the younger guys (hawkins, horton - who got released...so wasnt gonna be him!) came through and stole\earned the job away from shermans biggest CB mistake.

Reaction score
I think at some point, we must accept the fact that there will be growing pains for Sanders. As good a coach he is, it is always a change to go from a position coach to a defensive coordinator. I expect an average unit defensivly, which will still be better then years past (well not last year), but I understand that Sanders will make some rookie mistakes. I hope Bates isn't opposed to the idea of helping his friend and recomendation once in a while. :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this new guy is as good as Bates. What makes me leery is that although he is well-trained in the Bates scheme, he is a very different kind of personality. Much more low-key. What I liked most about Bates was his fiery personality, which I think rubbed off on the players. I hope the new guy is able to maintain that intensity, even if his coaching style is different.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully TT will sign andre dyson . I thought he did good in seattle last year. He could challenge carroll for a starting spot

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey could challenge Carroll, and he has no balance! LOLOL! I love the cheesey!

And ted could sign him cheap...hmnmmm

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carrol will still be here the problem is he's a better Nickle back than starter, if we can bring a veteran to start and have Carrol and Hawkins for the nickle and dime, we should be pretty good...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've waited 3 years. You people cant even wat more than 5 days of free agency. * Edited by AADP - Trom don't try and intimidate other members, no need for it

carroll will not be a startin CB next year, unless theres an injury

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is in a learning situation, and an understudy of Bates' system. We will all know how much he has learned from Bates after at least one season. To comment now critically would be unfair.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I've waited 3 years. You people cant even wat more than 5 days of free agency. dont you ever preach patience with me ever again, do you hear me?

carroll will not be a startin CB next year, unless theres an injury

I think this coming year will be Carroll's third year. He's completed two seasons.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
and this is year 3...and so far...hes been arrested. good start. :(

hey .. atleast he didn't have hands in the face.... as i said before hopefully they left the cuffs on when they let him back on the streets

Members online

Latest posts