1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gbfan4, Oct 8, 2006.

1. gbfan4

gbfan4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What the hell is wrong with our Defense? It seems like they are atleast serviceable in the first half and the second half a complete breakdown. I guess its gotta be coaching but its getting ridiculous. As I speak, Harris drops a for sure red zone INT.

2. packerfanfourever

packerfanfourever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That Harris drop was crap for a guy who thinks he should get a raise, but concidering the field position that the defense had to face today doing a pretty good job. The offense needs to get going and Favre needs to get his game going, his passes are not on target.

3. gbfan4

gbfan4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, they have kept them to field goals the last two drives so I cant be too disappointed. I will rephrase my statement though that it isnt just the D, the offense sucks probably even worse in the 2nd half, which tells me it is all coaching. It is becoming too frustrating to even watch. 3 and out, 3 and out.

4. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    might be hard on Brett, but seems like he is letting the game slip away and isn't stepping up.

5. packerfanfourever

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to say to Brett has not played well today.

6. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Harris wants out of Green Bay check mate!

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    where does it say that?

8. packerfanfourever

Ratings:
    +0
    agree Harris wants more money

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Coaching all the way. As far as I'm concern Sanders isn't an NFL caliber Defensive coordinator. It was real easy to spot what was going on. We'd blitz and the Rams would run right at it and get about 7 yards. Happen all 2nd half long. Sanders kept blitzing for some reason as well. Out coached by Linehan and the offense. Horrible Coaching!!!

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The way he's playing, he doesn't deserve more money. I want some INTs.

11. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think the D did anything awful in the 2nd half. Sure, they weren't great, but they certainely did not lose the game for us.

12. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    at least in the 2nd half thy stepped it up in the redzone

13. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thi our team is getting outcoached. Every second half, our offense looks horrid, and our defense can't stop anyone for some reason. his only means that their coaching staffs are making great halftime adjustmetns and our coaching staff aren't doing anything

14. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's just it, the opposing coaching staff isn't doing anything drastic, the players on the opposite side are coming out and not playing sloppy.

When they fix their mistakes, and don't take stupid penalties, the Packers roster is exposed for what it really is; young, inexperienced, and not the most talented in the NFL.

15. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The main problem is the lack of pass rush. Everyone is blaming the secondary, but they are only half the story.

16. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can relate not playing sloppy to making the right adjustments. That's what Philly did and the Rams look much more crisp as well in the 2nd half. Our Defense just isn't being ran by a good coordinator. Bates meant a lot to this team as a Coach. The lost of him as a Coordinator really hurts.