Defense

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the head coach saying there might be some changes on defense. The def. backs coach says there will be no changes.Whats up with that?
I can see two changes that MUST be made.
1. Fire Slowick
2. Fire Schottenheimer
Schottenheimer says that there is nothing wrong with the defensive backfield that can't be fixed.
Lets see; we are now in week 14 of the season. It seems if it could be fixed that should have taken place weeks ago. It has been apparent since week 2 that the defense as a whole has been broken.
It's a good thing they are facing Joey Harrington this week. He can't hit the ground with his hat and his receivers can't catch a cold.

GO PACK GO!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to the Carolina game opening week and we shut down a pretty good offense (before all their injuries). We shut down the Lions completly in the second half of our first game with them (0 first downs) and then shut down a pretty decent Texan offense in the second half of that game so that tells me we do have the POTENTIAL to play some pretty decent "D". What it also tells me is the problem lies with either scheme, motivation and/or in-game adjustments. No matter how you look at it, the responsibilty lies with the coaching staff. This is going to be a much different Lions team we are going to see Sunday and if we don't watch out, we could be looking at another Lambeau loss this year.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey there NC ... you certainly get around...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you NC...i do think our bad defense is a combination of poor in-game adjustments and schemes we pick...We can't pick the same defense against every team, because you gotta play them all differently....teams are scouting our defense so we have to show some new looks and im just not seeing it...I don't care how inexperienced the secondary is, if you implement some new looks every week and do go completely away from your base defenses then the entire secondary should be catching on and doing new things each week...they just look stagnant and content to be a sub-par defense and just rely on the offense to win it...im getting sick of it! :puke: we gotta play some good green bay defense

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you NC...i do think our bad defense is a combination of poor in-game adjustments and schemes we pick...We can't pick the same defense against every team, because you gotta play them all differently....teams are scouting our defense so we have to show some new looks and im just not seeing it...I don't care how inexperienced the secondary is, if you implement some new looks every week and do go completely away from your base defenses then the entire secondary should be catching on and doing new things each week...they just look stagnant and content to be a sub-par defense and just rely on the offense to win it...im getting sick of it! :puke: we gotta play some good green bay defense
WOW, the more things change the more they stay the same.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slowik was a terrible hire, I felt that way at the time.

I liked Ed Donatell. I thought he was a solid coordinator. I thought it was a cowardly move on Sherman's part to scapegoat Donatell for 4th and 26 when Sherman himself is the one that overrode Donatell's defensive call for the play.

I don't remember hearing much complaining about Jim Bates, either. Not sure why they didn't hang onto him. Might have been something to do with him being a candidate to replace Sherman as the HC and not getting the job.

Capers seemed to make sense when they transitioned to the 3-4 and they had immediate success. Over the last 7 years though it certainly appears that Capers has been passed by by modern NFL offensive schemes and he hasn't been able to successfully adapt.

Members online

Latest posts