1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense Last 6 Games

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by missinghoagies, Feb 7, 2011.

1. missinghoagies

missinghoagies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    Incredible performance considering in 4 of the 6 games they were on the field in the last two minutes of the game and had to make plays to perserve the victory against quality QBs(Culter, Vick, & Rothlisberger) and one guy(Henne)who no one really knows anything about. One mistake and this run never happens and so many different guys made plays-Collins(Int to end Bears game), Bishop(saving tackle on Jackson in Eagles game), Willimas(Int to end Eagles game), Shields(Int to end Bears game) and finally Willimas again (Pass break up to end Super Bowl)

I guess my larger point is usually if a defesne is put in that situation enough times they eventually make a mistake or the offense makes a play...I truly find it incredible that they refused to give in and were the deciding dagger in each game. Even more fitting that they found a way with their leader on the bench with an injury in the SB.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Indeed, they couldn't of done it without them! I'm so proud of all of them, they made the big plays and stops when it really mattered!

3. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Truly amazing, it looked like they were gonna fold up when Woodson went down.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I've said this before.

With Woodson and Shields, we were keeping them for 3 points, and had a pick 6.

If both guys don't get injuried, this game isn't as close.

5. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    I too was really worried when Woodson and Shields went out, and was completely blown away by how the rest of the D really stepped up their play and came through in the end when we needed them to!

PROPS to all those guys, and especially Bush who was even on defence (had a few blown coverage moments, but also had a clutch INT)