1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Defense is finally showing they have a heart !!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chamuko, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is nice that we are finally stoping this guys, but the oficials are doing a very bad job now,,,, really a bad job they had intencional grounding and they had no balls to keep the penalty..

We are lossing the game and we have the referees helping us!!

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    for the most part they kept cadillac williams in check...a few big runs to get the yardage total up, but the problem is, our turnover ratio sucks...so they're gonna have the ball more than us...so cadillac will pound our defense all day until he finds a hole and...he did, he's up near 40 carries

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, that defense was red hot. a couple 3 and outs. 4 straight forced punts late in the game, a turnover, red zone stop.

Offense...wow. Ferguson should be shot.

Mike Sherman, shot.

The person who decided Ahman still doesnt deserve 20 carries (and its week 3..amazing) SHOT.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fergie, way to step up. You want to play a playmaker's position well how about making one when you get the chance. He was awful.

5. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't get the game here, what did (or didn't) ferguson do????

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Broke off routes, had a chance to make a play on Brett's 3rd INT and didn't, had at least 3 drops that I remember. He sucked.

7. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I still rue that we could have had Chris Chambers.

8. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    i liked ferguson last season, up until the injury, but yeah, chris chambers

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't remember any drops by Ferguson. But he did break off a route, which almost resulted in an interception, and he was not aggressive enough going up for a long pass, which DID result in an interception.

The defense is nothing great. They did get jobbed on a couple calls by the refs, but the Bucs also got jobbed on two pass interference calls: the one against their defender when it was really Donald Driver who interfered, and the flag they picked up when Al Harris interfered with one of their receivers.

Overall, the biggest difference between the Packers and their opponents in recent games is that Packer defenders play with their back to the QB and the opposing defenders are facing the QB and playing the ball.