Defense carried

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short of the breakdown in OT and that ONE drive that everything went Arizona's way.....Come on, this D kept us in the game all night

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes...but...

I don't care how good you are for 90% of the game..if you can't get it done in crunch time, it all means nothing.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seemed like they switched from man which was working all the first half to zone in the second which allowed Fitzgerald to go off. Am I tripping? Why did they switch from man?
D played well enough to win though. That game was very winnable, didn't execute on a few key moments but overall was such a great game to watch. My expectations were low coming in so I got my money's worth watching that one. I'll never forget that Rodgers to Janis Hail Mary

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seemed like they switched from man which was working all the first half to zone in the second which allowed Fitzgerald to go off. Am I tripping? Why did they switch from man?
D played well enough to win though. That game was very winnable, didn't execute on a few key moments but overall was such a great game to watch. My expectations were low coming in so I got my money's worth watching that one. I'll never forget that Rodgers to Janis Hail Mary
It doesn't seem like it, they did and they quit blitzing and then bad things happened.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

maybe issue when Hyde went down..personal not suited for man?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D is to win the game when you are ahead; O is to win the game when you are losing. O did just that after D fked up in the 4th, and D screwed up in OT too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah...he is a good and to have him wide open in that first play in OT is just beyond comprehension.

true--but why was he open--

Carson scrambling and looks to be moving to the right, all the flow follows him..

Why did they all flow--whos responsibility was it to stay on back end..What scheme did Capers want and did they follow it

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D is to win the game when you are ahead; O is to win the game when you are losing. O did just that after D fked up in the 4th, and D screwed up in OT too.

Look at it this way. To expect the defense to not give a TD that drive is also expecting them to give up 13 or less points to an extremely good offense. That's pretty high standards.

The defense gave up 17 points to a team that averages 30.2. (3 points were because Arizona started in FG range)

The last regular time TD could have just easily been picked too.

The defense played great in regular time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Def holds them to 10 points going into 4th q..Our off scores 13--for 3 qt..(if I recall right)

Any blame at all going to the offense?? future HOF q.b and the o-l protecting him very well and only 13 points?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it this way. To expect the defense to not give a TD that drive, is also expecting them to give up 13 or less points to an extremely good offense. That's pretty high standards.

The defense gave up 17 points to a team that averages 30.2. (3 points were because Arizona started in FG range)

The last regular time TD could have just easily been picked too.

The defense played great in regular time.

considering that logic, O beat one of the best defense teams in the league by outscoring them 13-10. we should have been behind all game.
there is no doubt D did a great job, however, you have to agree they dropped the ball(no pun in regards to shields) in the 4th.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering that logic, O beat one of the best defense teams in the league by outscoring them 13-10. we should have been behind all game.
there is no doubt D did a great job, however, you have to agree they dropped the ball(no pun in regards to shields) in the 4th.

I will agree that Shields blew that pick. That's probably the game right there since he would have been gone.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense did the impossible, for the second time in a season. Defense could at least held them for longer than 10 seconds in overtime

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Def holds them to 10 points going into 4th q..Our off scores 13--for 3 qt..(if I recall right)

Any blame at all going to the offense?? future HOF q.b and the o-l protecting him very well and only 13 points?

lets just agree that packers offense did a great

the future HOF QB got us back in the game with no TOs and only secs left on the clock. call it a miracle play(s) but he got it done.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant agree the offense was great because they werent
actually that reply about O being great was to be omitted, and was not complete. was going to say something along the lines of, "....great considering blah blah blah." not great overall. disregard that.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short of the breakdown in OT and that ONE drive that everything went Arizona's way.....Come on, this D kept us in the game all night

Same crap as last year - the D dominates most of the game then utterly collapses late and gives the game away.

Staff online

Members online