Decision

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:
arrowgargantuan said:
it's just his perspective tro...let it go, like Green Bay does to talented free agents :lol:

what the hell is 'perspective' is that like having your own 'onipion'

you don't know what a perspective is?!?! it's a pretty common word man...

hehehehehe... :wink:

you edit job ho-bag! dont edit my quotes, you can make me say things like "I like to wear pretty dresses." See...now IVE said it...ARGH!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:
arrowgargantuan said:
it's just his perspective tro...let it go, like Green Bay does to talented free agents :lol:

what the hell is 'perspective' is that like having your own 'onipion'

you don't know what a perspective is?!?! it's a pretty common word man...

hehehehehe... :wink:

you edit job ho-bag! dont edit my quotes, you can make me say things like "I like to wear pretty dresses." See...now IVE said it...ARGH!

(I like a nice strapless spring dress myself) :wink:

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
musccy said:
Do we ask Ahman or Diver for their opinion of the guard situation?!? Why does everything need to be catered to how things affect Brett or how he will react to a personnel decision.

Should the Packers hire a coach based on what Walker or Gado's opinion of them is? I sure as hell hope not. Brett will be here 2 more years tops...do what's best for the PACKERS...if coincidently it's the best for Favre as well...great, but don't adapt your moves to someone who may not even be here this year.

Because Favre is your field general and your HOF QB...and he is "THE GUY" who can take this team to the playoffs and beyond if the pieces are in the right place....

It's not like he's just some other scrub like Kitna or a position player who depends upon the QB to make him have a good year....He is the man in GB..and has been for alot of years...

TT..and some of you guys here should understand and respect that....he's earned it for ***** sakes...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey DePack, Arrow, Trom, etc....

I moved out to VA from WI recently, and have been very busy since January...just now finding time to catch up on the board, and packer news, which I'm sad to say, I'm WAY behind on.

Anyway back on topic...as DePack and others mentioned, I'm not anti Favre, I just think the needs of the team need to come first, and I feel that continually giving Brett all the time in the world, tends to focus on the needs of one player rather than the team.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Hey DePack, Arrow, Trom, etc....

I moved out to VA from WI recently, and have been very busy since January...just now finding time to catch up on the board, and packer news, which I'm sad to say, I'm WAY behind on.

Anyway back on topic...as DePack and others mentioned, I'm not anti Favre, I just think the needs of the team need to come first, and I feel that continually giving Brett all the time in the world, tends to focus on the needs of one player rather than the team.

well said. enjoy VA

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The idea is to "win" Musscy....

Not to just be a "mediocre" team that has team unity....

Again..if that "one player" was just some mid-level scrub like Kitna...I would agree with you....but you don't treat your future HOF QB like a mid-level scrub...

You build a team around him.....!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the winning is my point D.Levens...

I don't think Favre's indecision for the past 5 offseasons is helping the Packers. Favre used to be able to draw in free agents just because he was on the roster (Reggie White)...his indecision the past 5 offseasons has to have negatively impacted at least some free agents and their perception of GB?

I have little doubt that the direction of the Packers and offseason moves would be dramatically different based upon whether Brett were here or not in 2,3, or 4 years. That's why I'm saying you can't coddle him and keep saying it's OK to take all the time in the world to decide. If Brett wants them to build around him, he needs to give the Packers some sort of commitment too.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory #6: The Organization knows Favre is coming back. They won't announce until after the draft. Teams needing a QB below the number 5 pick trade Picks for GB's. We get 2 extra quality picks for keeping hush-hush on Favres retirement. It's poker night for T.T.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd believe the conspiracy theory were it not for this being the 4th or 5th season that Brett has seriously questioned his retirement

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've been through this WAAAAY too many times, but would you really want Brett to commit, if he really doesn't know?

That's the thing here. People that are huge Favre fans that say he should commit one way or another must not really believe he is undecided. If I thought Brett was just playing a game with the Packers, I'd be right behind you, but I believe the guy really doesn't know yet. The bottomline is he shouldn't commit until he is sure. If that is too late for the Packers then they should do what they feel is best for the team, even if it includes cutting him. That is where the rubber really meets the road. TT and company need to look after the Packers first and Favre needs to look after his family first.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really blame Brett for being so indecisive, like you said, I don't think he's doing this for his enjoyment.

My only other comment (not directed towards anyone in particular) is that I don't think we need to assume it's doomsday once Brett is done. He has been, is, and still can be a phenomenal leader, player, etc, but...

Hasselbeck and Rothelisberger aren't as good as brett was, or debatably still is, but they made it to the SB...again, I want him around, he's fun to watch, a great player... but I think some ppl are panicking and thinking he's the last shot the Pack will ever have at getting back to the SB

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy...

and just when was the Packer's last trip to the SB before Brett Favre came along....?

just wondering..

(The Point is that Favre is the Packer's best chance to get to the SB right NOW!! Otherwise..it's all in the hands of our fearless leader...TT..)

That thought doesn't give me a warm fuzzy when I go to bed at night....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsey...there have been about 80 teams that went to the superbowl that weren't led by Brett Favre...it can be done.

Brett could be the Packer's best bet, but he needs to commit...it's very hard to build a winner in one year.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I guess my point is Musscy...is that Favre is a "PROVEN" commodity....

and TT is "NOT"...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with that, but I don't see how the TT v. Favre angle comes into play on this topic. It's not like a one or the other thing...I'm just saying TT should be allowed, if not expected, to put some heat on Brett to come up with a decision (in whichever direction)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett is deciding on TT\MMs decisions, why doesnt Favre come back, and go to some meetings with them, tell them what he would like to see.

Members online

Latest posts