Decision

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
GakkofNorway said:
the Packers doesn't owe Brett Favre anything, he owes everything to the Packers.

Favreworshippers, you act like he is some kind of almighty god, well bad news he isn't, and he shouldn't hold the franchise hostage every year, it sure as hell doesn't help us.

Favre owes nothing to the Pack and the Pack owe nothing to Favre.

Green Bay's front office screwed up. They should of gave Favre a date. Like in mid March or early march and told him to decide by then.

Just one question porky; if you were the GM of a large corporation who's most valuable employee of 10 or more years, who had also made you more money than any other employee needed some time off to decide if he was going to come back or not, what would you do ?

I'd give him a deadline. 2 1/2 months is more than enough time. It's almost April now and we still have no word. If Favre retired in mid March I'm sure we could find better competition for Aaron Rodgers than probably Anthony Wright or whoever is left. Aaron Brooks or John Kitna would of made great sense if Favre was gone.

If Favre decided to come back then I'm sure Green Bay would of been a more attractive place for someone like an Adam Vinetari...

My point is nobody is above the TEAM. The TEAM should come first. Worse mistake Mike Sherman did was putting Favre above the rest of the players. Favre should have to attend every camp like every other player is expected to and if he comes back I hope McCarthy makes him attend the camp.

I don't think this hurts the PAck as much as most think but it's almost April now which is ridiculous. Whatever Brett does though I'll always respect him and support him either way. Even if he went to a different team to win a Championship I'd still respect him but now it’s decision time.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
GakkofNorway said:
the Packers doesn't owe Brett Favre anything, he owes everything to the Packers.

Favreworshippers, you act like he is some kind of almighty god, well bad news he isn't, and he shouldn't hold the franchise hostage every year, it sure as hell doesn't help us.

Favre owes nothing to the Pack and the Pack owe nothing to Favre.

Green Bay's front office screwed up. They should of gave Favre a date. Like in mid March or early march and told him to decide by then.

Just one question porky; if you were the GM of a large corporation who's most valuable employee of 10 or more years, who had also made you more money than any other employee needed some time off to decide if he was going to come back or not, what would you do ?

I'd give him a deadline. 2 1/2 months is more than enough time. It's almost April now and we still have no word. If Favre retired in mid March I'm sure we could find better competition for Aaron Rodgers than probably Anthony Wright or whoever is left. Aaron Brooks or John Kitna would of made great sense if Favre was gone.

If Favre decided to come back then I'm sure Green Bay would of been a more attractive place for someone like an Adam Vinetari...

My point is nobody is above the TEAM. The TEAM should come first. Worse mistake Mike Sherman did was putting Favre above the rest of the players. Favre should have to attend every camp like every other player is expected to and if he comes back I hope McCarthy makes him attend the camp.

I don't think this hurts the PAck as much as most think but it's almost April now which is ridiculous. Whatever Brett does though I'll always respect him and support him either way. Even if he went to a different team to win a Championship I'd still respect him but now it’s decision time.

The funny thing here porky is I agree with almost everything you are saying. I think the real problem lies within "Why" Brett has taken this much time to decide and really believe that problem is in how TT has handled things this off season.

If I am right ( possible ) and Brett still wants to play ( possible ) what are his options here ?

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many QB's do the Packers have in the HOF...Cheesey..?

I don't think Favre would have been out of the league in 2 years...that's ridiculous...

If a guy like Kitna can stay in for 10 years...you're going to give Favre 2 years..?

I don't blame Favre for wanting to make sure that the team is a "contender" after all he has given to the GB Packer organization...!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:

I don't think Favre would have been out of the league in 2 years...that's ridiculous...

If a guy like Kitna can stay in for 10 years...you're going to give Favre 2 years..?

I don't blame Favre for wanting to make sure that the team is a "contender" after all he has given to the GB Packer organization...!

Agree 110 % D.Levens !!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakk is right.. the Pack gave him a shot...they owe him nothing beyond the 12 mil/yr they are already paying him.

the tail shouldn't wag the dog! He's has been, and still can be an asset, but everyone needs to stop coddling him...he's a big boy now and he owes the Packers a decision...and preferably one that explains his intentions beyond this year so we aren't dealing with the same crap for the 5th straight offseason.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he does need to decide, because his holding out is going to begin hurting the team. but the problem is that The Brass gave him no time table. they said 'think about it and let us know when you decide'.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the heck is coddling him ? Brett deserves to know he is at least gonna get some protection in the way of guards, heaven forbid some good recievers to throw to this year !!

"He owes the packers a decision" When Teddy gets him something to protect him , maybe he will get a decision but I am starting to hope he is a "Big Boy" and walks away from this whole nightmare !!

As P@ck66 used to say "INGRATES"

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D Brett smiles ! The fans are hot for an answer! T.T. wants to know! Some are saying, "come on already, you've already had too much time"!
Brett says, "Wait and see"! Someday I'll have an answer for all of thee! BUT NOT NOW"! LOL LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:

It's NOT rediculous, as you stated.........if Favre would have stayed in Atlanta, he would have REMAINED 3rd string at BEST. It was obvious they had NO intention of playing him. Favre admitted he was nothing but a party man in Atlanta. I don't think they would have EVER even discovered his talent if Ron Wolf wouldn't have grabbed him up, and put him under Holmgren's stern hand. So i think i have some VERY valid points. You are solely looking at what happened BECAUSE he came here......had he not been brought to Green Bay, he very likely would have been a nobody.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't get into the debate about how good Brett would have been if the Pack had not signed him because I just don't know. Back to the debate on his decision making process, here is another post from another forum that clearly implicates TT's poor decisions as to why Brett is waiting :

PACKERS PULLING A FAST ONE?

"Yes, I know were all frustrated waiting for Brett's decision on if he will return for another year. No matter when the announcement comes it could be greeted with excitement or people driving into light poles depending on his decision.

The Packers have leaked to the press that April 1 is D Day. The date the Packers picked may fit the Packers perfectly. April 1 is the day we all know as Fool's Day. According to another web site another Packer Leak has all but assured us that Brett is not only returning but will fly to Green Bay and announce it Sunday.

What happened to the Packers saying take your time Brett. Watch what we do, we want you back. We all have watched what the Packers have done. ESPN rates them in the bottom three for FA deals. They seem confused on where they want to go in regard to Draft Day. After watching there use last year of there number one pick God only knows what they will do this year.

It appears from activity out of Green Bay this week that the Packers have hired TO to handle there PR moves. Talk to the press and suggest Brett is to blame for there lack of activity in FA. Leak information to other media sources to deflect blame for people leaving and there inability to replace them with quality people.

Ted Thompson promised the fans a play off contender team. Ted Thompson said watch what we do your going to like what you see. Well I have watched and I don't like what I have seen and neither should you. If Brett comes back good luck. His Offensive Line is weak and he may be safer in Iraq then on the Field in Green Bay. I think Brett maybe right when he said that cold December Day that he was not sure if the Packers want him back".

How can so many of us be wrong ?

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is my all-time favorite athlete. However, Favre is a Quarterback, not a General Manager. The idea that Thompson should be making personnel decisions based on what Favre wants is short-sighted at best, foolish at worst. Thompson's job is to build a football team that will be competitive both now and in the future. IF Favre wants to be a part of that, he is welcome. If not, thanks for the many great memories.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Brett Favre is my all-time favorite athlete. However, Favre is a Quarterback, not a General Manager. The idea that Thompson should be making personnel decisions based on what Favre wants is short-sighted at best, foolish at worst. Thompson's job is to build a football team that will be competitive both now and in the future. IF Favre wants to be a part of that, he is welcome. If not, thanks for the many great memories.

Ingrates....What has Thompson ever done to garner more respect from you guys than Favre. Favre can take a **** and that feces would know more about football than TT. There....I hope that visual woke some of you guys up. (that is if some overzealous TT-loving mod doesn't edit it).

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we ask Ahman or Diver for their opinion of the guard situation?!? Why does everything need to be catered to how things affect Brett or how he will react to a personnel decision.

Should the Packers hire a coach based on what Walker or Gado's opinion of them is? I sure as hell hope not. Brett will be here 2 more years tops...do what's best for the PACKERS...if coincidently it's the best for Favre as well...great, but don't adapt your moves to someone who may not even be here this year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Do we ask Ahman or Diver for their opinion of the guard situation?!? Why does everything need to be catered to how things affect Brett or how he will react to a personnel decision.

Should the Packers hire a coach based on what Walker or Gado's opinion of them is? I sure as hell hope not. Brett will be here 2 more years tops...do what's best for the PACKERS...if coincidently it's the best for Favre as well...great, but don't adapt your moves to someone who may not even be here this year.

Where you been musccy? We need you around here(even though I disagree with your anti-Favre slant). Hope everything is alright.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
musccy said:

Where you been musccy? We need you around here(even though I disagree with your anti-Favre slant). Hope everything is alright.

I dont think he's anti-Favre. I dont think one person here is anti-favre. I love favre and want him to come back. If because I dont think hes perfect and I criticize him at times ..if that means Im anti-favre..then whatever.

Sup Muscy

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
musccy said:

I dont think he's anti-Favre. I dont think one person here is anti-favre. I love favre and want him to come back. If because I dont think hes perfect and I criticize him at times ..if that means Im anti-favre..then whatever.

Sup Muscy

His anti-Favre SLANT......on this issue.....that's all.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
it's just his perspective tro...let it go, like Green Bay does to talented free agents :lol:

what the hell is 'perspective' is that like having your own 'onipion'

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is best for the team and what is best for Brett is the same thing.

I am hoping Brett is back for at least two more years, but let's say he isn't.

Aaron Rogers needs to be protected just as much as Brett, probably more since he is just a second year player.

How many good young qb's have been ruined because they have no protection? Just ask The Bengals or The Lions fans out there.

So if TT is set on building for the future, putting together a quality line to protect his qb should be high on the list.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
arrowgargantuan said:
it's just his perspective tro...let it go, like Green Bay does to talented free agents :lol:

what the hell is 'perspective' is that like having your own 'onipion'

you don't know what a perspective is?!?! it's a pretty common word man...

hehehehehe... :wink:

Members online

Latest posts