Decision

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Packers want #4 to make a decision by Saturday", just saw on Espnews.....
Well, #4 is my all time favorite, but I dont blame the organization....they'll have a lot to do regarding this situation, so it has to be soon!!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:
Well, #4 is my all time favorite, but I dont blame the organization....they'll have a lot to do regarding this situation, so it has to be soon!!!

Hopefully he will decide for the better, one more year at least.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a non-bonding deadline so he doesnt actually have to make it by saturday but they would like him to and im sure everyone else would seeing how this has gone on long enough.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:

I agree, and despite the tthating\favre loving\tt supporting\favre hating...

we're all (probably) on pins and needles!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah we're all on pins and needles and EVERYONE wants to know, but they did tell him to take as long as he wanted. But still, ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just wait until Brett tells you he is ready gakk !!! You keep putting the pressure on him and with TT not wanting to spend any money maybe TT will end up throwing the ball this year to save a few more bucks and then we will see how you like it !!

Oh yeah, I can see Teddy getting ready to pass right now and thinking to himself " crap I should have got some guards"

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thats it, TT should be QB to save some money...LOL..

I really do think that Brett should have all the time he needs to decide, look at the years of committment he has given all of us and the organization. We are going to suck without him anyways so whats the difference if he takes his time. IMO

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont push someone who is holding the right cards on his hands, he may show those cards and will leave with your tail between your legs.

I really wish TT would have gotten at least one good guard and one good WR that way he will have something to bargain with Brett, and something to cover his butt with the fans.

But he hasnt.

I also wish that Brett could come back for 2 more seasons and just commit to it.

But that is only what I wish... And we are far away from Xmas

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it matters much at this point anyway, most of the free agent QB we would want are gone now so if he does retire we have to assume Rodgers is the starter. Who out there would you want to be the GB QB?

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Yeah thats it, TT should be QB to save some money...LOL..

I really do think that Brett should have all the time he needs to decide, look at the years of committment he has given all of us and the organization. We are going to suck without him anyways so whats the difference if he takes his time. IMO

My point exactly Heather...

Seems that these..(what do you call them..?) TT lover's are getting panicky because they realize that TT has really dropped the ball...so far...as GM...

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
yeah, let Lord Favre ruin the future of the franchise.

I love this quote....

Has the smell of hatred, fear, and ingratitude...

priceless!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Brett Favre, and haven't totally made a decision on Thompson yet. Regardless, Brett Favre needs to make this decision. For the good of the organization that gave him a second chance, and the organization everyone know he loves.

I think Ted and the rest of the GB Packer brass have given Favre more than enough time to make a decision. The draft is coming up in April, less than a month away, and we don't even know who our starting QB is going to be.

Favre has played well his entire career, and I think starting Rodgers would not be good for him. The fact is this, Favre retires are you all ready for Aaron Rodgers to be the starting QB?

I personally, am not. Therefore, who do we get for at least one season to help Rodgers out?

That's the real puzzle.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get no one. There is not anyone out there I want running this team and Rodgers is our QB of the future if he can make it so let's find out sooner rather than later so when we draft next year we can decide whether we need to look in that direction. What is the value of Rodgers sitting on the bench another year? Time to fish or cut bait and start making plans for the post Favre era.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
GakkofNorway said:
yeah, let Lord Favre ruin the future of the franchise.

I love this quote....

Has the smell of hatred, fear, and ingratitude...

priceless!

Welcome aboard Dorsey. You will notice there are alot of ungrateful gen"X" blowhards that don't remember what it was like before Brett.

Amazing, ain't it?

Favre can take as long as he wants. If TT is tired of waiting, cut him. It's what he wishes he could do anyway. Like I said, he doesn't have the balls!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers doesn't owe Brett Favre anything, he owes everything to the Packers.

Favreworshippers, you act like he is some kind of almighty god, well bad news he isn't, and he shouldn't hold the franchise hostage every year, it sure as hell doesn't help us.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
Some of you forget its the greenbay packers not the Brett Favre Packers, and iam 43 years old and I do remember the 70's and 80's. And I love watching Brett play football and appreciate what he has done for the Packers and us fans. Some of you Favre fans keep bringing up wait till he retires and see how many games the packers will win, well he is going to retire if not this year more than likely next year. Its almost April and I thinks its time to let everybody know. You have to admit this crap does get old after awhile, poop or get off the pot. I do want Brett to come back really bad, I guess one year would be okay but I would rather have him commit to two or three years. And I know iam going to get slammed by some of you Favre worshipers,, I know what you will say he deserves all the time he needs he doesn't owe the packers anything.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I really wish TT would have gotten at least one good guard
But he hasnt.

There was only 1 good guard in free agency, and he got a record setting deal. :roll:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
the Packers doesn't owe Brett Favre anything, he owes everything to the Packers.

Favreworshippers, you act like he is some kind of almighty god, well bad news he isn't, and he shouldn't hold the franchise hostage every year, it sure as hell doesn't help us.

Favre owes nothing to the Pack and the Pack owe nothing to Favre.

Green Bay's front office screwed up. They should of gave Favre a date. Like in mid March or early march and told him to decide by then.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would change if the decision is today or next month! TT has the plan in place

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
GakkofNorway said:

Green Bay's front office screwed up. They should of gave Favre a date. Like in mid March or early march and told him to decide by then.

Just one question porky; if you were the GM of a large corporation who's most valuable employee of 10 or more years, who had also made you more money than any other employee needed some time off to decide if he was going to come back or not, what would you do ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
GakkofNorway said:

Just one question porky; if you were the GM of a large corporation who's most valuable employee of 10 or more years, who had also made you more money than any other employee needed some time off to decide if he was going to come back or not, what would you do ?

I would not only make sure he had the time off that was needed but go out and give him the right incentives to come back because star employees are not a dime a dozen my friend ( in the business world or on a football team ) and all "good" GM's know this !!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
Some of you forget its the greenbay packers not the Brett Favre Packers, and iam 43 years old and I do remember the 70's and 80's. And I love watching Brett play football and appreciate what he has done for the Packers and us fans. Some of you Favre fans keep bringing up wait till he retires and see how many games the packers will win, well he is going to retire if not this year more than likely next year. Its almost April and I thinks its time to let everybody know. You have to admit this crap does get old after awhile, poop or get off the pot. I do want Brett to come back really bad, I guess one year would be okay but I would rather have him commit to two or three years. And I know iam going to get slammed by some of you Favre worshipers,, I know what you will say he deserves all the time he needs he doesn't owe the packers anything.

I agree with this post. I like Favre and want him back, but 3 months to decide SHOULD be enough. The draft is coming, and even if it doesn't affect who they pick, it DOES affect where TT and MM's minds are at. If Favre hasn't been doing his off season workout, it might be too late for him to get in shape for the season anyway. Mini camp is just over a month away............i think it's time for Favre to decide either way. Yes, he has CERTAINLY meant ALOT to the organization, but he has also become a multi millionaire because of the organization. Had the Packers not pulled him out of Atlanta, maybe he would have been out of football after 2 years.
It works both ways.
You can only give so much time, and sooner or later (and it already IS later) he needs to figure out what he is going to do. If his hearts not in it by now, it's not gonna change in another month.

Members online

Latest posts