Decided??

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy could tweet that he scratches his rear-end all day, and I still wouldn't really care. I just want to know if he's in or out. Ted Thompson was sick of Favre's schtick and I think that everyone is there or getting there with Rodgers. Maybe these warm-weather QBs get infected with Midwestern passive-aggressiveness and therefore can't just come out and say what they want to do.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy could tweet that he scratches his rear-end all day, and I still wouldn't really care. I just want to know if he's in or out. Ted Thompson was sick of Favre's schtick and I think that everyone is there or getting there with Rodgers. Maybe these warm-weather QBs get infected with Midwestern passive-aggressiveness and therefore can't just come out and say what they want to do.
The easy way to fix that is to start negotiations with Denver. I imagine both sides have a starting point.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until about March 16th, all talk of trades is pure speculation, because that's when trading and free agency begins, I believe.

In the meantime, we all need to take a chill pill, and realize that Rodgers is just searching for his "inner person."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Methinks Rodgers believes he's the reincarnation of Allen Ginsberg. But, hey! Who knows? Maybe he's the fruit of his *****?

(I think the censor thing actually creates some titillating concepts on which word you want to implement.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I put "Loom" in there myself.
As in, Fruit of his Loom.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. I wouldn't even know he said anything if I hadn't seen it here. I still don't know what he said because I won't read it. If it bothers you so much ignore it.
you know there is a way to stop all of this, just stop watching? Seriously. I don't follow Rodgers or anybody on anything. As far as i'm concerned he's saying "dance monkey's" and they'll all dance, again. If he's so arrogant and you hate him for it, stop watching. It's that simple. why give someone what they want when you hate them for it? who really has the issue here?
Exactly.
If something bothers someone that is on them since they let it bother them.

All we can do is to wait for final word what happens.

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retiring would be absolutely terrible for us as an organization. Big cap hit, no draft equity to build around Love and have potential future assets to go get another QB if he fails in 2022 to show he can be future.
He is about yo get 150-200 mil contract regardless of where he plays not to mention prabobly another 50-100 mil in endorsements over the next 3-4 years.

You guys really think He is going to retire and pass on that?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is about yo get 150-200 mil contract regardless of where he plays not to mention prabobly another 50-100 mil in endorsements over the next 3-4 years.

Where did I state I felt he was going to retire?

Also easy their killer with this claimed "contract"...yes it could be that as a total...but Rodgers isn't seeing all that money I promise you as it won't be constructed in a way to make that possible - no matter what team it is IF he chooses to play.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No I don’t believe that Rodgers will retire. Think these Packer quarterbacks just all have HUGE egos and they love the attention that their indecisiveness creates!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link says AR's reps & GB are working on the framework for a short term (2 yrs?, 3?) Extension making Aaron the highest paid player...just in case he announces (on McAfee tomorrow???) that he wants to stay in GB.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks wanna know a reason why Brady and the buccs were so dang good and bad won a ring…Brady wasn’t paid anywhere close to what this would mean if true. Asinine and depending on true figures and structure Rodgers and fans of the move better shut up when we don’t have the money to go get a FA number two WR or someone else they want.

Reaction score
Folks wanna know a reason why Brady and the buccs were so dang good and bad won a ring…Brady wasn’t paid anywhere close to what this would mean if true. Asinine and depending on true figures and structure Rodgers and fans of the move better shut up when we don’t have the money to go get a FA number two WR or someone else they want.
Yeah. What I think people forget with Mahomes is that it’s a 10 year deal starting in year 2020-2029 @$45mil per.
That $45m in 2024 is still an ok deal for KC, in 2026 it’s a bargain, in
2028-2029 it’s an absolute steal.

Today $45mil is overpaying but in 8 years it’s highly underpaying a top tier QB. It all averages out.

We are possibly going to give Rodgers a pay over the top of a currently inflated number that was allowed and substantiated because of term (10 years).
Mahommes contract is deceptive because this years $45mil is inflated when analyzing the full term benefit.

The most accurate QB contract to compare is Prescott’s 40mil because it only lasts 3 more seasons.

Both Mohommes and Allen are not good comparison because they go through the 2029 And 2028 seasons respectively. Rodgers will be already be retired. League leading for 3 seasons is anywhere North of $40mil

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By NOT announcing his decision on McAfee, today AR is neither quickly deciding nor giving GB much time to maneuver prior to the tag-window closing next Tuesday. AR has said he'll make the decision public on McAfee, right? That means 3/08 between noon-2pm we'll all know...and by 3pm GB needs to tag Adams if they intend to. Sure 1-3 hours is enough time, but IMHO he's not doing Gute any favors. I really, really hope Gute has the framework for a new AR deal as well as a trade package with numerous teams in place for next week. Very tired of AR's spotlight games. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
By NOT announcing his decision on McAfee, today AR is neither quickly deciding mor giving GB much time to maneuver prior to the tag-window closing next Tuesday. AR has said he'll make the decision public on McAfee, right? That means 3/08 between noon-2pm we'll all know...and by 3pm GB needs to tag Adams if they intend to. Sure 1-3 hours is enough time, but IMHO he's not doing Gute any favors. I really, really hope Gute has the framework for a new AR deal as well as a trade package with numerous teams in place for next week. Very tired of AR's spotlight games. :(
I’m just sick n tired of placating #12.
What he might have in intelligence he clearly erases in lack of maturity.
I just want to root for someone who is deserving and he is definitely not by his own actions. It’s all about garnering attention for himself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm very excited for the prospect of talent-infusion with numerous additional high picks over the next few years.
I’m doing my best to root for Rodgers. I really am. But he’s a continuum of controversy and I’d be completely ok with shaking his hand and telling him “no offer”. Thank him out of respect and wish him well.

I think our staff has substantial ability if given proper resources to rebuild. By keeping #12 we are only completely hampering our FO from creating their own destiny. I think they’ve been blinded by #12 and lost site of that somewhere at 1265 Lombardi.

Bigdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, brother! More from the daytime soap opera; "The perils of Aaron Rodgers." I can hardly wait until the middle of March when his final decision will have to have been made. This whole thing is nauseating.
Is Randy Wright available??

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm officially in the camp he better inform the team of his decision by this Friday. The deadline for tagging Davante is FAST approaching and he said he didn't want his decision to delay or be an issue with that - letting the team know with less than a day or two from that is just being a **** IMO. Especially after he time and time again said this isn't going to take long....honestly the longer this drags out the more I'm lessoning my belief he is coming back which was seemingly what everything of late was illustrating.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might enjoy watching everyone's angst, but then it's probably because he's tried to teach you the lesson and you still don't learn it :)

I don't have many doubts at all that he and the team are on pretty good footing these days and they're probably all aware of each others feelings. For me, he's a GB Packer until I hear differently.

For all we know, Adams is the one holding everything up.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently AR is still "truly torn" on where to play this year. This says he won't be retiring. To me, it also means he has no commitments to the team he's played on for the last 17 years.

Time for Gute to end the BS & start working out the trade with Denver so everyone can move on with plans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Apparently AR is still "truly torn" on where to play this year. This says he won't be retiring. To me, it also means he has no commitments to the team he's played on for the last 17 years.

Time for Gute to end the BS & start working out the trade with Denver so everyone can move on with plans.

Where do you have this information from??? :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts