Decided??

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He didnt thank coaches, so dont think its retirement or being done in GB

Maybe just being humble? Maybe way to win back his girl?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Surely you don't post this unless you are leaving?

Either way, I'd just be happy to get some clarity. Its been a good run, but if we can get a bevy of picks than Im all for it

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup saw the post this morning and noticed instantly the last photo. Sure...it could be a bid farewell to those two guys and he is staying....but I place that at like 10% of a chance...it sure looks like he is moving on.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this is a retirement post OR leaving post. It is not a staying post, I just don't see it as that.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this is a retirement post OR leaving post. It is not a staying post, I just don't see it as that.
I tend to agree. The QB room- Nathaniel (Hackett) & Luke (Getsy) are gone already. The Friday Crew - Bakhtiari, Cobb, Cobb's wife & Frankie Shebby (Bakhtiari's fiance) means that this group won't be spending Fridays together (Cobb gone?, AR gone?, both?). Teammates past & current - too general of a statement as players change every year. The last sentence, "cherish the memories we've made" tells me that he's moving on.

I don't think he's done with football, otherwise Shailene wouldn't have been frustrated with AR & his time commitment to football (moving forward). We'll probably know this week which direction AR & GB go, my guess is trade.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AR were staying, why would he write it? To put pressure on Gute to get deals done? In order for AR to stay, Gute would need to rattle off a lot of extensions and restructures in very few days between now and the beginning of the next season in March. Since no deals gave yet to be done, either AR is sending a message that he is going to leave or telling Gute to get it in gear. I tend to think it may be the former but it wouldn't surprise me if AR was up to some tricks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That certainly moves my needle from the camp of being pretty sure he was "coming back" to a more middle, is he messing with me, or is he retiring?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That certainly moves my needle from the camp of being pretty sure he was "coming back" to a more middle, is he messing with me, or is he retiring?

Retiring would be absolutely terrible for us as an organization. Big cap hit, no draft equity to build around Love and have potential future assets to go get another QB if he fails in 2022 to show he can be future.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retiring would be absolutely terrible for us as an organization. Big cap hit, no draft equity to build around Love and have potential future assets to go get another QB if he fails in 2022 to show he can be future.
It's certainly my least favorable option.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, brother! More from the daytime soap opera; "The perils of Aaron Rodgers." I can hardly wait until the middle of March when his final decision will have to have been made. This whole thing is nauseating.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, brother! More from the daytime soap opera; "The perils of Aaron Rodgers." I can hardly wait until the middle of March when his final decision will have to have been made. This whole thing is nauseating.

It will come this week or next. He already said he won't delay later than the tagging window for Adams which is before even middle of March....your last sentence is perfectly put!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know there is a way to stop all of this, just stop watching? Seriously. I don't follow Rodgers or anybody on anything. As far as i'm concerned he's saying "dance monkey's" and they'll all dance, again. If he's so arrogant and you hate him for it, stop watching. It's that simple. why give someone what they want when you hate them for it? who really has the issue here?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna take it at face value. It's a beautiful sentiment imho.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Methinks Rodgers believes he's the reincarnation of Allen Ginsberg. But, hey! Who knows? Maybe he's the fruit of his *****?

(I think the censor thing actually creates some titillating concepts on which word you want to implement.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know there is a way to stop all of this, just stop watching? Seriously. I don't follow Rodgers or anybody on anything. As far as i'm concerned he's saying "dance monkey's" and they'll all dance, again. If he's so arrogant and you hate him for it, stop watching. It's that simple. why give someone what they want when you hate them for it? who really has the issue here?

Yup. I wouldn't even know he said anything if I hadn't seen it here. I still don't know what he said because I won't read it. If it bothers you so much ignore it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pure and simple, retiring would be a gut punch to the Packers. No draft picks would likely mean a long rebuild. I hope his message means that both Gute and AR realize there is no way to restructure his contract without gutting the team and they are willing to consider a trade.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is to the team, why mention his lost love. If it is to her, it reads as if he is mending his ways. Looks more as a suicide note than anything else.
That would totally screw us. Would the cap implications be the same as him retiring or maybe worse?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts