[DEBATE] Staff

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Where is this weeks scapegoat

last time I checked Ted Thompson didn't play...

You are pointing out mistakes in the execution, the execution in this game was horrific. You can't blame the players poor execution on Ted Thompson.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seems like a lot on this forum are blaming Brett for the loss, One quote"this is 100% on Brett" end quote.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:

You are pointing out mistakes in the execution, the execution in this game was horrific. You can't blame the players poor execution on Ted Thompson. Sorry DePecker.

Namecalling will usually get you suspended....oh that's right, you are doing it in defense of TT so it's Ok....

Anyway I wasn't blaming your hero TT I was actually suggesting that Sanders doesn't have the defense ready and that maybe he should go. Again.....ah forget it gakk.....quit trying to turn this once again into a TT thing.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Once again, the rookies performed, and the veterans killed us.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, a lot of it was Brett's fault.

Brett Favre is the leader of this team, we were under by only a touchdown and it was time for our leader to step up and lead his team to victory. Unfortunatly Brett Favre didn't manage to step up his game, there were many reasons for that.

However, as the leader of a team you have a big responsibillity and have to take a lot of the blame on your shoulders.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
GakkofNorway said:

You are pointing out mistakes in the execution, the execution in this game was horrific. You can't blame the players poor execution on Ted Thompson. Sorry DePecker.

Namecalling will usually get you suspended....oh that's right, you are doing it in defense of TT so it's Ok....

Anyway I wasn't blaming your hero TT I was actually suggesting that Sanders doesn't have the defense ready and that maybe he should go. Again.....ah forget it gakk.....quit trying to turn this once again into a TT thing.

You turn everything into a TT thing, every argument you make leads to TT. TT isn't EVERYTHING that is wrong with this team. Could you please broaden your view a little for the future?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
Once again, the rookies performed, and the veterans killed us.

If by "rookies" you mean Greg Jennings I agree. Hawk dropped a sure int and Colledge can't seem to fall on the ball but I also agree that our veterans didn't play well either.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:

Brett Favre is the leader of this team, we were under by only a touchdown and it was time for our leader to step up and lead his team to victory. Unfortunatly Brett Favre didn't manage to step up his game, there were many reasons for that.

However, as the leader of a team you have a big responsibillity and have to take a lot of the blame on your shoulders.

What do you mean Brett didn't "step up". He hit Jennings with a perfect pass to get a quick score when needed, then drove The Pck down the field and had them in position to tie or win the game.

St. Louis D makes a play, but Bett didn't step up. Actually he did step up into a very small pocket, where in less than 3 seconds he had the ball stripped from behind.

Another Dumb-a... statement from one who thinks we have a better chance of winning without Bret!!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:

I knew I would come on this forum and some would be saying lose was all Bretts fault...He did come back in this game if you were watching, at the end when he lost the football he again was being hit as he was stepping to throw...crap happens in these games...

I say we lost this game because of the entire team, but mainly the coaching staff....they are suppose to be coaching these guys,,also yelling at these guys for making mistakes,,I have NEVER seen MM yell at anyone...if you look at the Steelers coach he is always spitting and yelling at his players for goofing up,, but then he also pats them on the back when they do something well to...we need an agressive coach on those sidelines...

But again it was the ENTIRE team and the coaching staff, that is why we lost this game..IMO

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Put in Rogers. Brett says "Sometimes I dont know what Im doing here" in the postgame press conf. "It's only going to get worse"...words of a leader right there.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Word of a frustrated Leader who was promised before the season began that "The Packers were not going into re-build mode" then watches as the team is stripped of what little talent there was on the team.

Seems The Bears had 15-20 qb's making that same statement since Brett has been playing, the only difference is that none of them ever knew the Feeling of being on a winning team!!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heatherthepackgirl said:
I knew I would come on this forum and some would be saying lose was all Bretts fault...He did come back in this game if you were watching, at the end when he lost the football he again was being hit as he was stepping to throw...crap happens in these games...

I say we lost this game because of the entire team, but mainly the coaching staff....they are suppose to be coaching these guys,,also yelling at these guys for making mistakes,,I have NEVER seen MM yell at anyone...if you look at the Steelers coach he is always spitting and yelling at his players for goofing up,, but then he also pats them on the back when they do something well to...we need an agressive coach on those sidelines...

But again it was the ENTIRE team and the coaching staff, that is why we lost this game..IMO

haha wow. we have to have a screaming coach to win now huh.

and DePack i think you brought up TT not anyone else. and im not sure there is a scapegoat for this game. I didnt see it , but it seems like we just didnt make the plays. like we had opportunities and played decent just couldnt make the plays.

And DePack i fully agree with you about sanders. I dont think its even close to time to fire him just yet. But oh my god if we cant get the right personel on the feild, or at least the right amount... then thats a very fundamental breakdown and cannot be tolerated. We need to straighten that out.

All that said.... those kinda situations happen to every DC... even the greats have breakdowns in communication from time to time and send in the wrong amount of send in the wrong guys. When it becomes a trend, then it has to be addressed.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would blame the fumble on Tauscher getting beat. At least that is what Tauscher said......

I realize that Brett is considered God like on this and many other forums, however I don't think it includes eyes in the back of his head so he can see Little reaching from behind.

I don't know that there is a goat this weekend. I thought everyone played decent. A couple of dropped interception sould have turned the game around but remember, you have to play well and be in position to have the opportunity to drop the interception! :D

The defense played decent. The Rams have some of the best recievers in the league and our secondary pretty much shut them down. The biggest reception was the 40yd scamper by Fisher and his responsibility was a linebacker's. Holt and the other WO were limited to 40yds total and nothing over 21 yards. Well played secondary....well played.

We just lost. Is it possible they were better than us on this particular day?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

trippster said:
I would blame the fumble on Tauscher getting beat. At least that is what Tauscher said......

I realize that Brett is considered God like on this and many other forums, however I don't think it includes eyes in the back of his head so he can see Little reaching from behind.

I don't know that there is a goat this weekend. I thought everyone played decent. A couple of dropped interception sould have turned the game around but remember, you have to play well and be in position to have the opportunity to drop the interception! :D

The defense played decent. The Rams have some of the best recievers in the league and our secondary pretty much shut them down. The biggest reception was the 40yd scamper by Fisher and his responsibility was a linebacker's. Holt and the other WO were limited to 40yds total and nothing over 21 yards. Well played secondary....well played.

We just lost. Is it possible they were better than us on this particular day?

Well said Trippster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldnt agree more!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

see tripp no one has mentioned that yet..... our Dbacks without ahmad carrol kept two of the best recievers in the game to under 40 yards a peice... while a small victory, a victory none the less. Young team, First time coaches, and were still playing close to great, thats something to look forward to.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

and DePack i think you brought up TT not anyone else. and im not sure there is a scapegoat for this game. I didnt see it , but it seems like we just didnt make the plays. like we had opportunities and played decent just couldnt make the plays.

And DePack i fully agree with you about sanders. I dont think its even close to time to fire him just yet. But oh my god if we cant get the right personel on the feild, or at least the right amount... then thats a very fundamental breakdown and cannot be tolerated. We need to straighten that out.

All that said.... those kinda situations happen to every DC... even the greats have breakdowns in communication from time to time and send in the wrong amount of send in the wrong guys. When it becomes a trend, then it has to be addressed.

Well I think it would help....:)

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
Excuse me, where did I put all the blame on Brett Favre for this loss?

Never said you did Gakk. I was just referring to the general posts that have occurred on this forum, not just this thread.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
Excuse me, where did I put all the blame on Brett Favre for this loss?

Probably in the same thread that I blamed Thompson. I actually blamed Sanders and said maybe he should go to keep the heat off Thompson. A couple of you Thompson lickers are so ******* up his **** that the mere mention of his name sends you into spin mode.

The purpose of this thread was to point out that once again we had the wrong NUMBER of personnel on the field 3 times. Not the wrong players....the wrong NUMBER of them. Does anybody else not see this as re-******** -diculous!I'd be happy if we could just get the right number of players on the field. Maybe we can get back to basics. "Gentlemen, this is a football".

Now go back if you must into your "TT is good/ Brett is to blame" mode.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't see where there needs to be a scapegoat. We lost a game we should have won easily.

You have to make plays and take advantage of opportunities when the present themselves. We didn't and lost.

Brett had an off first half. Missing a wide open Franks in the end zone is something you rarely see from him.

Dropping three INT's is pretty much it in a nut shell. That was the difference between a close game at the end from a fairly easy win. It should have NEVER come down to that last drive. At the very worst we should have needed no more than a field goal to win and a pass play wouldn't have been called.

TT is paying those guys big bucks and MM is ultimately responsible for coaching them to be in position to make those plays. They were right where they were supposed to be and failed to finish.

It's a tough pill to swallow but we should be 3-2 right now and sit at 1-4. With that said the four losses come from teams with a combined record of 17-3 so it's not like we're battling with a bunch of slouches so far.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

The packers have had five plays over the last 2 games where they had the incorrect number of players on the field.
I would have to say that is a disturbing trend.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

what i'd like to know is how often this happens in a regular season? all you stat hounds should be able to find it out for me. it just seems unreal to me that this is happening in the pro's!! are we the ONLY ones or what?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Depack ~

I agree with you that the 10-12 men deal has to stop. some kind of accounting system needs to be improved. I am not sure why it is continuing to happen but I assume it will stop or someone will be unemployed at the end of the season.

Members online

Latest posts