Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the goulish death watch over the careers of
Brett Favre
Mike Sherman
Tom Rossley
Darrell Bevell
John Bonamego and other personal favorites,

Why not begin a pool or competition to claim the day you want the persons job with the Packers to be terminated with Monday being season opening.

Normally there is some self evaluation and I would bet a firing or 2 may not happen until a better coach is fired from somewhere else. I don't think anything will happen during the first week.

I bet Sherman stays,
a weeks delay on Rossley,
Bevell and Bonamego are out by Wednesday.
Brett waits 16 days and says he will return.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
no..no..i wouldn't DePack...

but if it happened..i wouldn't be suprised....

It would strike just the right moronic tone that would be consistent with Mike Sherman's decision making and blunders that have gone on in the past...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and playoff losses..

and turning Lambeau field into a joke...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year, that you make the playoffs and don't win a Super Bowl is ended with "another playoff loss". They have been *****ing in Philly ever since Andy Reid turned things around about "another playoff loss" every year.

Personally, I would rather end the year with "another playoff loss" than ending it with a 6-10 record and a win.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman's post season record 2-4, two of the losses at home. 2003 the Pack should've gone to the Superbowl. One of the best offensive lines in football and totally healthy. A chance to put the game away, fourth and 1/2 a yard and Sherman punts!!!!!!!! What kind of message does that send to your team?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is one of my biggest arguements against Mike Sherman, packattack.

Mike Sherman utterly fails to recognize and seize the "big moment" in both regular season and, especially, playoff games.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
Sherman's post season record 2-4, two of the losses at home. 2003 the Pack should've gone to the Superbowl. One of the best offensive lines in football and totally healthy. A chance to put the game away, fourth and 1/2 a yard and Sherman punts!!!!!!!! What kind of message does that send to your team?

...and PACK, don't forget the horrendous (and still infamous) 4th and 26 pass that was completed!!! :wall:

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you listened to Sherman about the 4th and 26, he said he was involved in that decession and he believes in playing coverage. We all know Donatell wanted to blitz as he did the previous downs. The Pack needs an NFL knowledgable coach who will play agressive and try to WIN!!!!!!!!! Not play to not lose. Sherman put the Packers into the defense Buddy Ryan used to call "The Prevent Us From Wnning Defense"

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus Christ...every coach...I mean EVERY phuckin' coach in the NFL has called bad plays. In six years you guys keep coming up with the same damn game. They blew it OK. I get so tired of you know-it-alls rehashing one or two playoff games. You sound exactly....I mean EXACTLY like the azzhole eagle fans wanting to get rid of Andy Reid because he loses a playoff game every year, Guess what.... even eagle fans aren't calling for Reid's head this year because of all the injuries. Apparently a group of "fans" on this site are less knowledgable than even eagle fans.

LOSING A COUPLE OF PLAYOFF GAMES DOES NOT MAKE YOU A SH!TTY COACH! Losing an entire locker room does. Losing your integrity in the face of adversity does. Losing the confidence of those around you does.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole point, skibum, is that the game should never have gotten to that play. Was it a bad pass, yes. But that moron Sherman gave up on a running game that had the Eagles defense gassed and was ripping off yardage in significant chunks. Did the same thing against the Bears in the first game this year.

The reality is that the numbers look good in the stat column, but there is no cohesion or rhyme/reason as to why plays are called and when. As one columnist pointed out in an article earlier, too often when the running game is going good, MS/TR deny themselves the use of play-action (most coaches would give their left nut to have this cooking) and go to empty backfield which telegraphs intentions and gets your QB beat to ****. Abso****inlutely stoopid playcalling has killed this team too often, and most specifically, in the most important games.

Sherman coaches fearing the worst which never allows the team to give us their best.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defensive call was not a bad one, in my opinion, the result was. I remember them talking about Barnett not dropping near as deep as the defense called for him to do and Darren Sharper was out of position as well. Had those two guys played the defense correctly, we wouldn't be talking about "4th and 26".

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sherman has always made mistakes and always will..cause he sucks..look at the viking game this year...outcoached by Tice!

I would welcome Andy Reid into GB in a heartbeat..because HE is a GOOD coach..and KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING..OUT THERE..

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
The defensive call was not a bad one, in my opinion, the result was. I remember them talking about Barnett not dropping near as deep as the defense called for him to do and Darren Sharper was out of position as well. Had those two guys played the defense correctly, we wouldn't be talking about "4th and 26".

You are correct, ND. Sometimes I just need to vent my frustrations...and yes, digs, the game should never have gotten that far.

Can we all agree to disagree. :new:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not true...DePAck..

I've seen Reid..and I KNOW he is a good coach...

(Sorry..but I can't say the same thing about Sherman...)

That's what it comes down to...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just going to address that game, 66. I was there, and as we went into halftime I looked at my buddy and said, "I don't feel good about this one". Now most times, you play a half like we played and are up by 17, it should be a good vibe, but no, there was none. History told me that this would be a game of two halves, as is so often the case with MS on the sideline. Well, the second half was acomplete 180 degrees from the first and we lost with the game ending 56 yard FG.

One of two things happened in that game:

1. Mike Sherman got a lead and sat on it, fearing the worst, he played not to lose...and lost.

2. He got outcoached by Mike Tice.

Pick your poison...there are no other options....both are unattractive....and neither speak much to Sherman's ability when the heat is on.

I have said it before and will again....Sherman is the Culpepper of the coaching ranks....great between the 20s but for **** when it matters. He wilts under the pressure of the big, and not so big, moment.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Sherman has always made mistakes and always will..cause he sucks..look at the viking game this year...outcoached by Tice!

I would welcome Andy Reid into GB in a heartbeat..because HE is a GOOD coach..and KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING..OUT THERE..

I'd welcome Andy Reid as well...wishful thinking though. I don't see Reid going anywhere anytime soon.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In defense of Sherman, he doesn't know any better. He should never have been hired to coach the Packers. He had only two years NFL experience coaching. 97-98 TE/Asst. OL GB, 99 OC/ TE Sea. That's a true NFL pedigree. He has very limited knowledge and experience. The Packers have paid for that over the years, and will continue to if Sherman stays. Can you imagine how Rodgers will develop with Sherman, Rosely, and Bevell working with him. OH MY GOSH!!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
PACKATTACK4

You are RIGHT on it..man..I've been yelling about this since Sherman was hired..

Too bad it had to be found out after the remaining good years of GB's HOF QB had to be wasted and SQUANDERED...!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that logic, DePack...who do you want as a QB...Culpepper or Brady? Culpepper has the stats, but all Brady does is win...especially in the big games, which is where Daunte is at his worst.

Remember, Sherman is Culpepper.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman lived off Ron Wolff's talent, Brett Favre, and a weak division in building that record. Now that he has the team he has fashioned (GM since 2001) look at how bad the team is and the steady decline, losing to an 8-8 Viking team OUTDOORS and at HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like you Pack66 I've seen the writing on the wall since they hired this unqualifed BOZO.

Members online

Latest posts