Dear Ted...Please sign Kevin Jones

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted..please sign Kevin Jones.

He would be another young stud running back we can have on the roster to back up Ryan Grant. He's smaller and would be a good change-up on the offense.

Another weapon for Aaron Rodgers.

Also think about signing another speedy wide receiver through the draft or through free agency. Charles Rogers is still out there.

Driver, J.J, K.Rob, G.Jennings, Ruvell...and Charles Rogers.

A Rodgers to Rogers TD combo would be potent.

If we can resurrect Charles Woodson's career..we can definitely live w/a 1 year veteran minimum contract w/Charles Rogers. That's IF he can still play and still has his blazing speed. IF he doesn't pan out..just cut him. NO big loss.

As a backup QB...what about Jessie Palmer? How about Billy Volek?
Rodgers, Nall, Palmer, and possibly Colt Brennan.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Jones would be a good addition to the backfield.

Charles Rogers? Isnt here severly injury plagued? We dont need another WR, and we don't want Colt Brennan. Trust me, I follow the WAC pretty close as I am in Idaho, and he isnt THAT good - he is a product of system designed for passing. He is not likely to have much success in the NFL.

just my 2 cents

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Jones would be a good addition to the backfield.

Charles Rogers? Isnt here severly injury plagued? We dont need another WR, and we don't want Colt Brennan. Trust me, I follow the WAC pretty close as I am in Idaho, and he isnt THAT good - he is a product of system designed for passing. He is not likely to have much success in the NFL.

just my 2 cents

Brennan for a 4th round pick is a safe pick. Yeah he's a product of a pass happy system so he's a good project pick ala Michael Thompson last year.

Rogers was not injury plagued. He had a substance abuse issue like K.Rob.
Very few receivers have his speed. None of the packers receivers are that fast.

Jones and Rogers were teammates and both bring speed at their positions to the table.

Rogers ran a 10.3 second 100 yard dash and a 4.2 40
Jones ran a 10.6 second 100 yard dash and a 4.4 40

They'll both come relatively cheap so that's why I thought it could work.

ALso Brennan can just sit and watch Rodgers, Nall and a veteran and if he isn't worth it..we cut him

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Rogers:
2003 - played 5 games =Broken Collarbone - out for season
2004 - 3rd play of week 1 =Broken Collarbone = out for season
2005 - suspended 4 games for drugs

According to Wiki:
Rogers worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs in January of 2007 and flopped the workout by running a 40-time of 4.8, which was a steep decline from the 4.28 that he ran at the Indianapolis combines four years prior.

not attacking you - just saying he is not a good addition. would be better addressed in the draft if we wanted a speed guy

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Kevin Jones and Ryan Grant !!! wow what a 1-2 punch

I would honestly like to see it happen, but that's just because I'm anxious to see us do something with all the cap money. I can't help it!! A few signings of 1-3 years aren't going to hurt us even if they don't work out . . give a few guys a chance!

:D

Reaction score
I was with you until Charles Rogers. I just don't see the point of adding another WR.

Jones will get a look no doubt (that is to say the staff will weigh the pros and cons of signing him, and if they deem him valuable they will bring him in for a workout/visit).

As for Volek, he's resigned with the Chargers, if I recall correctly.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys that get cut by the Lions are not guys we need. What about Brandon Jackson? What about Deshawn Wynn? Morency? If were gonna sign someoen, why not spend the money wisely and get a big time safety, pass defending linebacker or anchor on the offensive line? Why waste time thinking about guys like Kevin Jones who will not improve our team even if he MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY better than our 2nd year rb's wynn and jackson.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also think about signing another speedy wide receiver through the draft or through free agency. Charles Rogers is still out there.

Driver, J.J, K.Rob, G.Jennings, Ruvell...and Charles Rogers.

A Rodgers to Rogers TD combo would be potent.

If we can resurrect Charles Woodson's career..we can definitely live w/a 1 year veteran minimum contract w/Charles Rogers. That's IF he can still play and still has his blazing speed. IF he doesn't pan out..just cut him. NO big loss.

As a backup QB...what about Jessie Palmer? How about Billy Volek?
Rodgers, Nall, Palmer, and possibly Colt Brennan.

Wow, c'mon now. Kevin Jones, sure that's interesting. But Charles Rogers? Colt Brennan? Jess...Jessie Palmer?

:shock:

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Jones may be out there (and shortly Shaun Alexander), but appears that maybe Green Bay will get a shot at a guy, who I think will be very good in the NFL

From PFT:

STEWART GETS SURGERY

In a draft that has plenty of tailbacks, one of them has a question mark sprouting from his shoes.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Oregon running back Jonathan Strewart had surgery on Wednesday to repair a fracture in his foot.

As a result, Stewart will be out for four months, and will miss his Pro Day workout. The goal in having the surgery now was to ensure that Stewart would be ready for the start of training camp.

Stewart had the injury in February, when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds at the Scouting Combine. He also churned out a 36-inch vertical jump.

The situation has drawn comparisons to Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, whose broken collarbone arguably prompted a mini-slide to No. 7 in the 2007 draft. But most running backs don’t use their collarbones to, you know, run.

Really, how can anyone justify a first-day pick (which is now only rounds one and two) on a guy with a surgically-repaired foot?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Stewart is on the board when the Pack pick then take him. Who cares if he has to rehab by Week 8 he could come on and compliment Grant very well.

I wouldn't mind Kevin Jones either though. I think he has talent and was often not used right in Detroit.

Just no to Charles Rogers.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OKay..I relinquish Rogers..I just though he still had his 4.2 speed.

Jones could be good if he's available at a bargain

But at 25years old..he's gonna want BANK.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
OKay..I relinquish Rogers..I just though he still had his 4.2 speed.

Jones could be good if he's available at a bargain

But at 25years old..he's gonna want BANK.

Well, he is just coming off an ACL. Maybe that will hurt his value a bit?

Doubt it. But that'd be nice!

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like us to make a play for Kevin Jones, but wether TT will is another story. He'd be a very good backup to Grant with whom he could split carries. Brandon Jackson looks like he'll be more of a 3rd down back ala Tony Fisher next season.

Rogers is a bust end of story. The guy is currently just trying to land a job in the CFL let alone the NFL. Ruvell Martin has more upside than he does at this point.