Dear Santa Claus (from A-ROD) ...

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunate, how we're all forced to choose sides now. You have the Company Men versus the Common Men. You have Big Bidness versus a simple man with a dream and continuing goals.

This is what makes this saga so intoxicating. No matter how you look at it, neither side is completely in the wrong. The Packers job is to show a profit, albeit cutting loose a cash cow like Favre is a self-inflicted suicide, short term (Note Green Bay's slip in revenue last season and their sinking in fan polls as favorite team, certainly a majority had to do with losing Favre). Favre's job is to remain gainfully employed as long as it is feasible for him. This is an admirable trait to possess and one that has made this country a financial behemoth. If everybody quit once they became fat and happy, this country would be no different than Europe - very little ingenuity and a lot of whining.

I'll choose to Back my boy BLF until such time that he retires or does something to rub me the wrong way. I can honestly say that I'm not sure I've ever seen a more amazing public figure than Brett Favre. In 20 years, I can't think of one instance where I've ever been embarrassed or ashamed of anything he's done on or off the field.

Members online

Latest posts