dear god please vote against Rodgers

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is absolutely no correlation between a player being on the Madden cover and having a crappy year. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. I seem to remember Drew Brees gracing the cover in 2010, and then making it through the whole season uninjured and leading the Saints to the playoffs. Larry Fitzgerald shared the cover with Troy Polamalu the year after and nothing happened to him, and Polamalu, for that matter, played in 14 out of 16 games.

This whole idea of a player being cursed because they're on the cover of Madden is a joke.

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees also lost his first game of the playoffs to... Seatlle. If that's not a curse, I don't know what is. :p

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees also lost his first game of the playoffs to... Seatlle. If that's not a curse, I don't know what is. :p

Yeah, but sometimes **** happens. If they didn't lose to Seattle that weekend, they would have likely lost to Chicago the following weekend, and people would have blamed that on the curse, even though the reality is only one team can win the Super Bowl every year.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is absolutely no correlation between a player being on the Madden cover and having a crappy year. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. I seem to remember Drew Brees gracing the cover in 2010, and then making it through the whole season uninjured and leading the Saints to the playoffs. Larry Fitzgerald shared the cover with Troy Polamalu the year after and nothing happened to him, and Polamalu, for that matter, played in 14 out of 16 games.

This whole idea of a player being cursed because they're on the cover of Madden is a joke.

Actually, the correlation is rather obvious: many of the players that have appeared on the Madden cover have suffered injury/misfortune. I think you mean it's the causality that's suspect.

I don't believe in curses but I respect them: Calvin Johnson for Madden '13 cover!

D

Dan115

Polamalu sprained his MCL in the season opener. he missed 4 games returned for 3 games and then tore his posterior cruciate ligament and was out for most of the season. Fitz hurt his ribs and missed the post season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Polamalu sprained his MCL in the season opener. he missed 4 games returned for 3 games and then tore his posterior cruciate ligament and was out for most of the season. Fitz hurt his ribs and missed the post season.

In 2009, the year Fitz and Polamalu were on the Madden cover, Fitzgerald played in all 16 games and in both games of the playoffs, including the game against us in the Wild Card round.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/statistics?season=2009&team=ARI&seasonType=POST

It's true Polamalu didn't have as good a season I originally thought, as I got his years mixed up, but that's also hardly the first time he didn't stay healthy for a full season. To blame it on a curse that doesn't exist is a stretch.

D

Dan115

In 2009, the year Fitz and Polamalu were on the Madden cover, Fitzgerald played in all 16 games and in both games of the playoffs, including the game against us in the Wild Card round.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/statistics?season=2009&team=ARI&seasonType=POST

It's true Polamalu didn't have as good a season I originally thought, as I got his years mixed up, but that's also hardly the first time he didn't stay healthy for a full season. To blame it on a curse that doesn't exist is a stretch.

Madden 2009 Favre 2010 Madden Polamalu and Fitz.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madden 2009 Favre 2010 Madden Polamalu and Fitz.

Nope. Favre was on the cover of the 2008 version of Madden, the year he played with the Jets. Polamalu and Fitzgerlad were on the cover Madden 10, which came out in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL#Madden_NFL_10

Regardless, this isn't about Fitzgerald and Polamalu, it's about how the "Curse" doesn't exist as evidenced by the article I posted above.

D

Dan115

L

Lunchboxer

NOOOO Dont vote for Rodgers Just dont.

If he is on the cover we will lose or worse N!ON!O!NO!NON!O!!NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO NOOOOO! !N!ON!ON!ONO!NNOOOOO NOOO JUSTTT NOOOOOOOO NOONONONOOOOOOOOOO

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOOOO Dont vote for Rodgers Just dont.

If he is on the cover we will lose or worse N!ON!O!NO!NON!O!!NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO NOOOOO! !N!ON!ON!ONO!NNOOOOO NOOO JUSTTT NOOOOOOOO NOONONONOOOOOOOOOO[/quote I take it you've never walked under a ladder either. I have & nothing bad happened. Vote for Rodgers,he deserves it. This will prove you wrong

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Madden Curse is the only one I believe in!!!

Vote for MEGATRON! You can vote for Rodgers as much as you like at time
the ProBowl ballots are open

L

Lunchboxer

The curse is real. I dont wanna take any chances with Rodgers getting hurt.

If he goes down we are screwed royally.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Dang, kind of wish he won it last year now, just because Flynn was a good back up for the just in case the curse is real scenario

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts