Dear Donovan..........

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you have plenty of advil come Sunday!

The Packers line is so damn deep at tackle, and we have tackles that can get to the QB. Add to that what I believe will be one of the very best DE tandems in Kampy and Jenkins...and I believe it will be a long, long day for ol' Donovan.

This defense is built to intimidate, and Donovan is the first snack for this hungry beast. Should be fun to watch.

I see 4 plus sacks.

Thoughts?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I don't know if we will get 4 sacks with McBadd's mobility.. but there will be pressure and I see dump offs to Westbrook all day long. If the LBers and Bigby do as they should... McBadd will have to rely on those WR and that bodes well for the Pack. LJ Smith is nicked up and hasn't played in a while..

I really don't see the Eagles hanging more than 14 pts on our defense...

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our LBs have the speed and range to manage, as much as one can, Westbrook's game. And Donovan is coming off an injury that could still slow him.

Honestly, Jenkins looks almost unstoppable.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Donovan,

Please watch the film from last years game and revisit all those happy memories of beating Carroll's brains out with simple passes down the sidelines.

You will need all of these positive times from your past to offset the misery you are about to face. You will never have considered the virtue of going three and out until Sunday when you find yourself happy to exit the field in one piece.

Your spirits will soar when you find that your defense isn't nearly as strong as in the past allowing you much needed bench time while Mr. Favre picks those weak LB's and DB's apart.

Fair well and know that it is always possible the scheduling committee may very well see fit to bring the Pack back to your place the next fourteen games in a row.

That might help even it back out some. For now, I will relish the thought of seeing you get your *** kicked at least this once and here's to sixty minutes of Green in your face.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it.

Mc Nabb is and will be one of the best and mobile QBs we will face this year.

I think Mc Nabb is only as effective as their running game. We must neutralize Westbrook and the Smeagle RBs then worry about Mc Nabb.

Personally, I think this will be one of the most exciting games of the year.

It's about time we beat the Eagles we haven't done that in 6 years...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said 17-7 because I think our Defense is going to be all over McNabb and I think their D is going to be all over Favre and the running game. It's going to be an ugly game. Like watching the 2005 Bears play. That type of ugliness.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Four plus sacks is not at all hard to imagine. The Pack can rush the QB, and running QB's usually get sacked more. That doesn't necessarily equate to a Packer win, however. With the man-to-man coverage, there could be some open areas for McNabb to make long scrambles, which he's killed us with over the years.

I agree that it should be a good, hard-nosed football game. I can't wait!

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it.

I think McNabb is only as effective as their running game. We must neutralize Westbrook and the Smeagle RBs then worry about Mc Nabb.

I feare Westbrook and the run game as much as anyone else... but this team passes 60% of the time. It's not as though they need 100 yards on the ground for McNabb to be effective. No. It starts first with shutting down Westbrook and generating a pass rush.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we can get to McNobb early, he will be bad all game. If he burns us early, then we're in trouble.
Just my opinion.
But i think we will get to him!!!!!

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it.

I think Mc Nabb is only as effective as their running game. We must neutralize Westbrook and the Smeagle RBs then worry about Mc Nabb.

Something to keep in mind is this is Mcnabb's first game back from surgery. We will see how mobile he really is. He is getting old and surgeries are going to start taking their toll. I hope though that he is mobile and the D still crushes him. It would make a very bold statement early on in the year and earn some much needed respect and confidence.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers line is so damn deep at tackle, and we have tackles that can get to the QB. Add to that what I believe will be one of the very best DE tandems in Kampy and Jenkins...and I believe it will be a long, long day for ol' Donovan.

This defense is built to intimidate, and Donovan is the first snack for this hungry beast. Should be fun to watch.

I see 4 plus sacks.

Thoughts?

sounds great, esp after the last 5 games against the eagles, I'd love to see donovan sacked 4 times

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

I see 4 plus sacks.

Thoughts?

sounds great, esp after the last 5 games against the eagles, I'd love to see donovan sacked 4 times

Years past McNabb seemed to be able to run at will vs the Pack D..But those for the most part were bad D..This year I think will be differennt

D.McNabb 5-47

McNabb didnt play vs the pack

McNabb had no rushes vs the Pack

2003 reg game
D.McNabb 5-26

2003 playoff
D.McNabb 11-107

Members online

Latest posts