Deanna's Tear & Announcers

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
FOX had to be aware this could potentially be Brett's last game and they let those two half wit bozo clown knock off's call the game. I'm very disappointed. They made more mistakes then Mike Tice in three seasons. One of them that bothered me most and perhaps I'm the meathead on this but I swear the Packers fans were saying 'ONE MORE YEAR' where the announcers tweedle dee and tweedle ******* said they were asking for 'four more years'. I do know they messed it up once when they read a sign that said 'one more year' tweedle dee said the sign asked for four more years.

I dunno but they really bothered me. They seemed unprepared and I felt Brett with this being his last game deserved a LOT better then a fourth string waterboy swimming pool accident punks as a couple of announcers.

btw did you notice Deanna wipe away a tear as the time ran out?

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got home from the game and the chant was 4 more years. As strange as it was to see Brett salute the crowd when he left the field...my heart tells me he will be back next year.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you why rabid but the chat was 4 more years. I was amazed when we were yelling this and brett fumbled on the play after the long pass. It was like someone turned off the switch and it went dead silent in Lambeau Field.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fox is always terrible, no question about it. They break in to games late for no reason other than to show ads, their announcers are just horrendous and their camera coverage is JR High or HS quality. I hate them.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett just needs a vacation and be left alone for awhile.

He enjoys football too much and is too competitve to tell the Packers

"Take this job and shove it. I don't want 10 million next year."

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Just heard on the news they were talking about the 'one more year' chant. I dunno how they can be right and the poster here who was actually there can be wrong. Regardless, I want him back for one more year with ATLEAST ATLEAST a new OC.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Just heard on the news they were talking about the 'one more year' chant. I dunno how they can be right and the poster here who was actually there can be wrong. Regardless, I want him back for one more year with ATLEAST ATLEAST a new OC.

I would like one more year for Brett too. Who would be a great OC?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Martz

his calendar just cleared up A LOT today--Martz is a great offensive mind, I think he's a terrible head coach when it comes to clock management and other decisions, but the man can forge an offense

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Well i was there chanting and i relly don't care what anyone says. I'm glad i spent the money and took the time to see what could be Bretts last game. bty were the three girls in bikini's shown on tv? They were holding up a sign wanting brett to stay.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
bty were the three girls in bikini's shown on tv? They were holding up a sign wanting brett to stay.

No, I don't remember seeing them. If people don't put "FOX" or "ESPN" or whichever network is broadcasting the game in their sign then I don't think they get shown.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the announcers were not too good, in fact I turned the TV down and the radio up. I guess, just guessing here...when Brett came out for the game he was leaning towards retirement, but he seemed to have the old gleem back in his eye and that **** eatin' grin as if to say, I don't know if I'm ready to call it quits. I'd like to think that's why he skipped the post game press conferance along with emotions of course, simply because he's not sure himself. He needs to go back home to Mississippi see the devastation, be with family and make a sound decision. Now with Shermans firing the thought process could change. but his competitive spirit and love for the game will always be with him. Just guessing again, I think a key component in this retirement issue is the fact his oldest daughter will be a senior and probably be in Mississippi, which any father would understand. Just my crazy thoughts here, but all I can say is,"BRETT PLEASE COME BACK'' Happy New Year!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game too......and to be honest, i couldn't make out if it was "one more year" or "four more years".............but it was for him to stay, so thats what matters. Seeing him walk off the field............i wonder if it's for the last time.

Sterling

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also at the game. The first time the crowd chanted it was "one more year." the rest of the time, it sounded like "four more years."
I saw signs that said both. four more years and one more year. IMHO, he can take another two or three at the very least and if he wants to stay for the big four OH, that is okay with me.
Whatever his decision, I feel blessed to have watched his entire career with the Pack. My father passed away in March of 1992 and he would have loved to watch the gunslinger. He loved his Packer football. But then, maybe he had a ringside seat afterall.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just very glad that the Cheering happened as on the Channel I was watching you could not hear it. Acleast Brett heard it and that's what counts. :wink:

4favre2walker84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also at the game. All I have to say is, I have never heard such a powerful chant. The first one broke out when Favre drew a penalty for tripping. Out of nowhere, everyone had the exact same thought at the exact same time. they were ready to EXPLODE with ONE MORE YEAR. And yes, as the game went on, it turned into, 4 more years, because of his number naturally.

I don't want him to think we are being selfish or greedy, but I'll take as many as he'll give us. When he leaves, it will be like Jordan leaving the NBA, I cant remember the last time I watched a basketball game.

Favre has the most class of any athlete in all of the major sports. Not only that, but win or lose, it's always exciting when he walks on the field. Just the swagger that he has, the no fear attitude. I love it when he grabs a dude up twice his size with no hesitation at all. He is the man.

Mike

Members online

Latest posts