Deanna Favre declines to talk about investigation

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Deanna Favre will appear on GMA, FOX and Friends on Thursday

The wife of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre finally will break her silence. Whether that means she'll be talking about the NFL's investigation of her husband's activities in 2008 when employed by the Jets remains to be seen.She'll appear Thursday on...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Deanna Favre, the wife of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, appeared on Good Morning America and FOX & Friends to talk about her new book. The interviews were arranged before the Sterger hit the fan two weeks ago regarding allegations of potential ****** harassment by Brett when he was the quarterback of the New York Jets.

But the folks at ABC and FOX & Friends weren't going to ignore the situation. And Deanna Favre wisely looped the questions into a pitch for her book.

The GMA segment carried the label "First Interview" on the screen and "Deanna Favre Opens Up." Even though she didn't.

"What can you share with us?" Robin Roberts of ABC asked her.

"I can tell you that faith . . . has gotten me through many difficult struggles," Deanna Favre said. "It will get me through this one, and that's the reason Shane [Stanford] and I wrote the book, The Cure for the Chronic Life."

Roberts tried again to get Deanna to truly "open up", telling her that people close to Deanna undoubtedly are concerned about her, and then asking her how she's handling everything.

"I'm handling this through faith," she said, and then she quoted a Biblical verse she keeps on her refrigerator: "Don't be afraid. I will uphold you through my victorious right hand." (It actually sounds like something Brett may have told his teammates at halftime once or twice. On a related note, I was kind of hoping that God was a southpaw.)

On FOX, Deanna Favre was asked, "What has [Brett] told you and how are you dealing with it?"

Said Deanna, "I won't go into anything personal, but faith really is my crutch. It's always been my crutch. It got me through many struggles, as you can read in The Cure for the Chronic Life."

She explained on both shows that the low point for her came when her brother died and, four days later, she learned she has breast cancer. "If I can get through that I can get through anything," she said.

When facing the questions, her demeanor was calm, and it appears when comparing the two appearances that her response was scripted and/or rehearsed.

And that's fine. She pulled it off. She said nothing, she did not compromise her husband's interests, and she generated more exposure for her book via the possibility that she may say something about the situation. (She even managed not to fall for what easily could be construed as a not-so-subtle effort by Robin Roberts to make Deanna think that the interview was over.)

In other words, it's good to see that at least one member of the marriage is smart..

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how they aren't saying anything. But then again silence may just be the smartest thing they could do. I have suspicions somebody, (lawyer or PR or the Vikings) may of told them to hush their mouths as anything they say is gonna get misinterpreted or blown out of proportion by the media. They thrive in this kind of circus. Think Tiger's Tale, they had a field day with that. I still would like to know the outcome and what went on during that little meeting Favre had with the NFL on Tuesday. Oh to be a fly in the wall in that room.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I think they are told to say nothing at all...

But then again, what is the harm in saying...

I did not send her any text messages, or any pictures..

But they are being told what to say

Members online

Latest posts