DB Eric Wright is visting Gb

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers | E. Wright to visit team
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:26:31 -0700

KFFL has learned University of Nevada-Las Vegas DB Eric Wright is scheduled to visit the Green Bay Packers April 10.

~~~~~~~~~

Wright (5-10 5/8, 192) stood on all the marks he posted during the Combine (40s in 4.36 and 4.37; short shuttle in 4.23; three-cone drill in 6.93; 36½-inch vertical jump; 10-foot-3 broad jump; 17 lifts). He did only drills on campus, and the scouts say he was absolutely fantastic. Wright did have off-field problems when he attended Southern California that prompted him to transfer to UNLV.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Positives:
Wright is a great athlete with excellent speed, who plays as well in man coverage as he does a zone. He has a great closing burst, and has nice fluid hips, which allow him to turn and run with his opponent without losing a step. He's also not afraid to get physical with bigger receivers, and does a good job of knocking opponents off their routes and jamming them at the line of scrimmage.

Negatives:
Off-field issues fueled a transfer from USC to UNLV following Wright's freshman season, which cost him a year of eligibility. That, combined with the fact that he came out after his junior season leaves him a bit inexperienced. There is also speculation that he could have some durability issues if he doesn't bulk up a little.

Wright also needs to polish his footwork, which at times makes him look a little awkward. His athletic ability allowed him to make up for it at the college level, but he'll need to clean things up at the pro level.

Overview: Wright's stock has been on the rise since producing a solid workout at the NFL Combine, and at this point he appears to be a late-first, early-second-round prospect. Depending on how things pan out on draft day, he could find his way into the bottom part of the first round.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT would be smart to draft at least 1 or 2 DBs in this draft as it is one of the deepest in a long time in that departement.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hmmm they have to have talent or be able to learn, since I have little faith in Schott I pray they have talent.

Before I get people all worked up, that is the only "glaring" weak link in the coaching staff. MY OPINION.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly thought of though a bit of an Ahmad Carroll in personality.

Ahmad carroll is the soul reason y green bay did not finsh 9-7 not 8-8

for a 1st round pick it was a joke

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What an abolutely ridiculous statement. Please tell me which game it was that AC was the only player to make a mistake which cost The Packers the game.
DON'T EVEN TRY TO ANWER THE QUESTION!!!

Football is a TEAM GAME I'm real tired of those of you who can't seem to figure that out.

Carroll never lived up to his potential, but he never SOLELY COST THE PACKERS ANY GAME.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mortfini said:

What an abolutely ridiculous statement. Please tell me which game it was that AC was the only player to make a mistake which cost The Packers the game.
DON'T EVEN TRY TO ANWER THE QUESTION!!!

Football is a TEAM GAME I'm real tired of those of you who can't seem to figure that out.

Carroll never lived up to his potential, but he never SOLELY COST THE PACKERS ANY GAME.

If you're SOO tired of said people, click ignore.

The only thing that was ridiculous was how #28 got torched EVERY TIME he lined up on Reggie Brown. No matter how many times GB scored, if Philly got the ball, and AC was on the field, guaran-dam-teed they get six.

Absolutely awful.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wright has a great deal of upside. However he does have some personnel issues. He would be a nice value pick in the second round, esp. with Harris and Woodson getting older and older. Wright could be our dime back this year, then nickel back next year. And then after that maybe a starting CB for the Packers. I think if he does end up here, he could learn alot from Harris and Woodson

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wright has a great deal of upside. However he does have some personnel issues. He would be a nice value pick in the second round, esp. with Harris and Woodson getting older and older. Wright could be our dime back this year, then nickel back next year. And then after that maybe a starting CB for the Packers. I think if he does end up here, he could learn alot from Harris and Woodson

Wasn't wright an honor student at UNLV? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I think that I heard that somewhere.

If I had my choice, though, I'd love to see Chris Houston taken by us to groom as a future lockdown #1 CB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More DBS

does TT know somthing we dont?

or could it be ST

Yeah Wright is a great player. He ran a sub 4.4 40. He has good ball skills. He'll be a late 1st to early 2nd round pick in alll likely hood. If the Pack were to trade down, Wright could be an option.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wright is by all means not like Ahmad Carroll. However he is quicker than he is fast, based on his numbers. That was not the case with Ahmad Carroll, Carroll was faster than he was quick, that's the reason why he felt he needed to hold.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing ridiculous on this forum is how some of you can't ever ever ever let anything go.

1. Carroll drafted 1st rnd because Mike Mckenzie was doing T.O. before T.O ever did.

2. Carroll was thrown to the wolves his rookie year, forced to start when he wasn't near ready.

3. Carroll played for 3 different DC's in his 3 years at GB.

4. The NFL changed it's rules entirely the 2nd year AC played.

5. The coaching staff was always questionable

I will say it again, Carroll never played up to his potential when at Green Bay, but to blame him for every bad game The Packers had in 2005, & early 2006 is just plain stupid!!!! IT IS A TEAM GAME!!!!!!

I like to come on this forum to find out what is happening with the Packers and read what others think, everyon has their own opinion, but Damn, why does a person have to sift through all this BLAME GARBAGE just to
find those opinions is quite annoying.

DAMN, IF WE HAD ONLY DRAFTED BARRY SANDERS HOW LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts