Davon House comes back to the Packers!

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peeps can say what they want. 'Till now, I do like what the Pack is doing this Offseason. Good signing. If we take a pass rusher round 1 and another CB round 2 of the draft, I won't be able to say anything negative about the FO.

D

Deleted member 6794

House signed a one year deal for approximately $3.5 million. Obviously not the cornerback I wanted the Packers to sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House signed a one year deal for approximately $3.5 million. Obviousky not the cornerback I wanted the Packers to sign.

It's a reasonable price for a guy who fits our defense and has had mild success here. At the very least you need guys like House to keep guys like Gunter off the field as much as possible when you have injuries.

I have no issue with this. Not a #1 but certainly better than nothing but rookies which is what I half expected up until now.

Still 22M under the cap, so we'll see what else happens.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House is underrated. His first year in Jacksonville he started all year, had 4 picks and allowed less than an 80 QB rating on balls thrown his way.

Given his familiarity and still relatively young age it's not at all a stretch to think he could be a serviceable starter for us this year if need be. It's even less of a stretch to assume he'll be better than what we had last season, performance wise.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House is underrated. His first year in Jacksonville he started all year, had 4 picks and allowed less than an 80 QB rating on balls thrown his way.

Given his familiarity and still relatively young age it's not at all a stretch to think he could be a serviceable starter for us this year if need be. It's even less of a stretch to assume he'll be better than what we had last season, performance wise.
with the loss of Hyde.... I'd say it is more of a push.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if House is as versatile as Hyde was but it seems to me to be a simple replacement signing. I don't think House is a return man but that's a secondary concern. Secondary as in not primary not as in defensive backfield. We got House cheaper than it would have taken to keep Hyde. I would have liked to have kept Hyde but with this move his loss is not so hard for me to take.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be decent depth as our 4th cb behind Randall, Rollins, and Gunter. But I feel like we could've found a player with similar production but higher upside in the draft. At least he's a vet though. This singing does nothing for me as far as moving the needle in one direction or another.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be decent depth as our 4th cb behind Randall, Rollins, and Gunter. But I feel like we could've found a player with similar production but higher upside in the draft. At least he's a vet though. This singing does nothing for me as far as moving the needle in one direction or another.
Lol if he is not a starter it was the worst signing in history since we have some of the worst cornerbacks in the history of the NFL

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, where did all of these Hyde lovers come from? He played really well down the stretch last season and he was a solid punt returner, but he really wasn't that good.....

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will be absolutely shocked if he ends up behind Gunter on the depth chart, and somewhat surprised if Rollins beats him out.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Another "freebie" non-compensatory affecting signing for TT. I know some are going to shoot back to stop bringing that up and it has nothing to do with anything, but IMO its TT's MO....he values draft picks. Right now he has built up the max of 4 comp. picks for 2018, so TT has to be smiling like a cheshire cat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts