David Tyree Catch

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one of the best circus catches that you will ever see. Also, I believe that was 3rd down. That was a clutch, clutch catch.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've dubbed it "The Helmet Catch" till i hear something better.

that play was awesome.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it was awesome on Eli's part, too. I thought for sure he was down. That will go down as one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yep, great play on Eli's part, the line kept blocking and one hell of a catch by Tyree... how he held onto the ball above his head like that.. amazing.

The Giants simply outplayed them all night.. they deserve the crown.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see that replay again. I forgot about Eli escaping. I think that the OLine actually kept fighting to get the DLineman hands off of Eli. THat play was awesome!!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one of the best circus catches that you will ever see. Also, I believe that was 3rd down. That was a clutch, clutch catch.

The Giants won the game because they had more heart than the Patriots. It was Rocky Balboa against Ivan Drago. I felt like one of the Russians in the stands who was originally rooting for the Giants to lose (well, against the Packers in the previous game) but found myself cheering proudly for the Giants because they were the underdog that just refused to give up, even with all the odds against them.

That play was the epitome of heart. The OL tried their best to protect their man, Eli refused to go down, and Tyree was going to catch that ball if it meant breaking a bone to do it.

I was cheering so loudly the neighbors heard it.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

The Giants won the game because they had more heart than the Patriots. It was Rocky Balboa against Ivan Drago. I felt like one of the Russians in the stands who was originally rooting for the Giants to lose (well, against the Packers in the previous game) but found myself cheering proudly for the Giants because they were the underdog that just refused to give up, even with all the odds against them.

That play was the epitome of heart. The OL tried their best to protect their man, Eli refused to go down, and Tyree was going to catch that ball if it meant breaking a bone to do it.

I was cheering so loudly the neighbors heard it.

Was that you???^^^

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great thing about that play was that it took both players, Manning and Tyree, to make the play what it was...unbelievable escape by Manning followed by an equally unbelievable catch. Awesome

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was having a few friends over and they were Giants fans and they went CRAZY! Part of the reason there weren't 3 Patriots all over Tyree was because the DBs thought Manning went down, so... great escape and throw and even better catch.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning threw a desperation throw, and Tyree made an unbelievable catch. He made a play like "Plexiglass" made against us all day in the championship game.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome catch.

So glad that it didn't count for nought in the ed.

If the Giants had lost, it would have been talked about, but not to this extent.

Members online

Latest posts