1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

David Clowney...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by jessefly, Aug 8, 2008.

1. jessefly

jessefly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So i was watching preseason football....Jets vs. Browns...yes favre was there but i dont care. But why didnt we keep David Clowney? i know we drafted him last year but i didnt know he was with the jets now. The whole game clowney has been lighting up the backfield making strong catches....short and deep and getting yards after. Hes even playing special teams on kickoffs. He made a solo tackle on the kickoff right after making a 75 yard td catch and run.

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clowney had a poor training camp with the Packers, and they were well-stocked at WR, so they put him on the practice squad and the Jets nabbed him. There was just too much of a logjam at WR last year. Clowney was very raw coming out of college, and it sounds like he's getting his game together now.

3. Greg Cee

Greg Cee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like Clowney all that much. Garbage time probably.

4. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he would be so much of a waste of money

5. mi_keys

mi_keys Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...because he'd be our sixth or seventh receiver

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He looked bad his short time here. Couldn't hold onto the ball. And with our WR's, you have to make plays when you get your shot. He didn't, so he's gone.

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was very high on Clowney. Unfortunately the Packers just were way to deep at receiver to keep him. It was one of those things in which the Packers had to let a good prospect go.