David Clowney...

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So i was watching preseason football....Jets vs. Browns...yes favre was there but i dont care. But why didnt we keep David Clowney? i know we drafted him last year but i didnt know he was with the jets now. The whole game clowney has been lighting up the backfield making strong catches....short and deep and getting yards after. Hes even playing special teams on kickoffs. He made a solo tackle on the kickoff right after making a 75 yard td catch and run.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clowney had a poor training camp with the Packers, and they were well-stocked at WR, so they put him on the practice squad and the Jets nabbed him. There was just too much of a logjam at WR last year. Clowney was very raw coming out of college, and it sounds like he's getting his game together now.

Greg Cee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Clowney had a poor training camp with the Packers, and they were well-stocked at WR, so they put him on the practice squad and the Jets nabbed him. There was just too much of a logjam at WR last year. Clowney was very raw coming out of college, and it sounds like he's getting his game together now.

I don't like Clowney all that much. Garbage time probably.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked bad his short time here. Couldn't hold onto the ball. And with our WR's, you have to make plays when you get your shot. He didn't, so he's gone.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very high on Clowney. Unfortunately the Packers just were way to deep at receiver to keep him. It was one of those things in which the Packers had to let a good prospect go.

Members online

Latest posts