david carr

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
A one year vet mininum deal maybe.. but something is off with the kid.. maybe sometime behind a Brett and Aaron might rebuild the confidence..

I truly think he has trouble reading coverages and checking down.. like the game hasn't ever slowed down for him.. all the tools except the decision making.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's a bad player, very bad. He was the problem in Houston - he hangs on to the ball for far too long. No way. Not even as a vet. I'd rather have Nall.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His problem was he was behind the worst OL in the NFL in Houston.

If he's behind a decent OL (ours is actually quite good for pass protection), he won't have to worry about getting killed and may turn out to be a decent QB after all. But that's the big "if."

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first place many look to is the offensive line of Houston for his troubles, but it's his release that kills. He's got all the things you want in a quarterback, but once he gets on the field, he's a liability.

I stick to my guns. He's awful. Maybe the Bears will sign him...but I'd say that Rex is much better than him and that's really saying something.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first place many look to is the offensive line of Houston for his troubles, but it's his release that kills. He's got all the things you want in a quarterback, but once he gets on the field, he's a liability.

I stick to my guns. He's awful. Maybe the Bears will sign him...but I'd say that Rex is much better than him and that's really saying something.

He had an over 68% completion percentage in a year he led the NFL in sacks (because his OL sucked). That's saying something.

Should he start for the Packers? **** no! However would he be an upgrade over Craig Nall? I think it's worth a shot to give him a tryout and let MM decide.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His problem was he was behind the worst OL in the NFL in Houston.

If he's behind a decent OL (ours is actually quite good for pass protection), he won't have to worry about getting killed and may turn out to be a decent QB after all. But that's the big "if."

That was the excuse up until this year. He did the same crap in Carolina. He sucks.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans offensive line wasn't bad this year and that's mostly because of Carr's absence. Carr holds on the ball far to long. I don't think he's going to be much. Maybe a nice arm to have in camp but he's not going to be the guy to push Aaron Rodgers if Favre were to retire.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans offensive line wasn't bad this year and that's mostly because of Carr's absence. Carr holds on the ball far to long. I don't think he's going to be much. Maybe a nice arm to have in camp but he's not going to be the guy to push Aaron Rodgers if Favre were to retire.

Now, there is a smart football post by Porky88.

You are right as rain Porky. Fact is... Carr has been called "The Incredible Self Sacking Quarterback."

I love the article below because it makes me think about all of the so called "Draft Day Locks" and there are so many of them, former and present NFL Q.B.'s who had all of the talent, A great arm, but they failed because they seem to have a challenge making decisions in a timely manner.

The Chicken or the Egg.?

A perfect testimonial to Porky'spost.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/cate...-the-offensive-line-the-chicken-egg-question/

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

You are right as rain Porky. Fact is... Carr has been called "The Incredible Self Sacking Quarterback."

I love the article below because it makes me think about all of the so called "Draft Day Locks" and there are so many of them, former and present NFL Q.B.'s who had all of the talent, A great arm, but they failed because they seem to have a challenge making decisions in a timely manner.

The Chicken or the Egg.?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/cate...-the-offensive-line-the-chicken-egg-question/
Made me think of all the "can't miss" QB's we have seen. Cade McNown, Todd Marinovich, Andre Ware, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown :lol: (That was for Bears fans!) :lol:
All those guys showed just how much of a guessing game picking a QB is.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
porky88 said:

The Chicken or the Egg.?

Made me think of all the "can't miss" QB's we have seen. Cade McNown, Todd Marinovich, Andre Ware, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown :lol: (That was for Bears fans!) :lol:
All those guys showed just how much of a guessing game picking a QB is.

i actually get a kick of watching McNown as a Bruin on Youtube, have a look at some of the great USC-UCLA rivalry games in the 90's. The guy was a freakin' stud! Perhaps becoming a Bear made him stink! :p

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to let you know, what I said on another post is what I wanted to say on this post. David Carr coming to the Packers is to compete with Craig Nall, NOT with Aaron Rodgers. That's why I said to bring him for a tryout and see if he's good enough to compete with Nall. Rodgers smokes Carr. I assumed I didn't have to explain that but I guess I assumed wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts