David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I responded to your initial assertion that David is milking the situation in his defense is all. Not to be confrontational with you.
You’ll see below that using that phrase often denotes some form of deception (sneaky) or taking advantage of a general situation. His paycheck is guaranteed for now, but missing games will only diminish his long term value.

I Might even hazard a guess that this has hurt him both monetarily and emotionally. He’s not been able to help his teammates win a Championship. I feel bad for the guy, he’s trying everything possible to save his career and that’s admirable.

It sounds like you didn’t intend it that way though, which is good

milk someone/something for something​

If someone milks someone or something for something, they try to get an advantage or something valuable from them, often in an unfair way. Note: `Spilled' can also be spelled `spilt' in British English. They want to capture the market share now and milk it for profits later. He had everyone's attention now and he milked the situation for as much drama as he could get away with.
He could retire and stop the milking. If the knee is so bad why continue and torture yourself? How much money is enough.

Reaction score
He could retire and stop the milking. If the knee is so bad why continue and torture yourself? How much money is enough.
I don’t think David is milking. I think he’s a guy doing everything possible to save his career. You and I just see things totally differently here.

If his knee was nearly that bad, would the staff allow him to do these practice drills? I doubt it.
I understand fans being discouraged, but overcompensating by using subjective accusations of a player purposefully “milking the Packers” isn’t the right approach imo. I recommend just being patient and letting this play out, we’ll know much more later this season. We’re much closer now to the end determination than we were at the time of injury. Let’s just hold tight and let this finish playing itself out

Last edited:
Reaction score
David was smiling in a recent interview. I know how much that symbol of happiness will thoroughly encourage all fans.
I did notice however his smile looked like a cross between confused and contrived. :whistling:

Reaction score
Am I hearing Jenkins and Tonyan played in pads or am I wrong lads?
I only know Matt said they’d be doing walk-throughs with the team this week. I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that we will see a few of these guys playing inside the first several weeks timeframe. Although they may start by testing them for a quarter or half etc.. To get them game conditioned

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only know Matt said they’d be doing walk-throughs with the team this week.
I saw a little one on one footage with Jenkins. Nice to see. Bak just kills any guarantee hope for a consistent OLine for me lol! Glad we’ve been fortunate enough to draft well in that position over the years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only know Matt said they’d be doing walk-throughs with the team this week. I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that we will see a few of these guys playing inside the first several weeks timeframe. Although they may start by testing them for a quarter or half etc.. To get them game conditioned

Them coming off PUP signals the most likely thing is that the team feels they will for sure be playing at some point in the first four weeks of the regular season...if not they would have kept on PUP, because they can be there for four weeks without eating a roster spot off the 53. This tells me they are confident they will be able to play at some point in there...Watson we all knew would be it was just a minor operation. Tonyan and Jenkins have looked good in rehab group work and when I saw a couple drills that both were exploding and twisting it confirmed they both were right there and nearly ready.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Them coming off PUP signals the most likely thing is that the team feels they will for sure be playing at some point in the first four weeks of the regular season...if not they would have kept on PUP, because they can be there for four weeks without eating a roster spot off the 53. This tells me they are confident they will be able to play at some point in there...Watson we all knew would be it was just a minor operation. Tonyan and Jenkins have looked good in rehab group work and when I saw a couple drills that both were exploding and twisting it confirmed they both were right there and nearly ready.
Seeing is believing, and you saw it. Glad to hear that about Tonyan and Jenkins. We need them on the field. I agree on Watson. It's just precautionary at this point, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing the info.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured Tonyan would be around a week 2 activation. Jenkins maybe 4 week activation(of regular season)

This tells me they’re pretty confident they’ll be playing in those first couple weeks with this move. That or they already know there’s a number of guys not with keeping even for a couple more weeks.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected Tonyan to come off PUP. The pleasant surprise was when the same thing happened to Jenkins. I thought Jenkins might be a week 6-8 start. Anyway, great news. As for Watson, him coming off PUP is not a surprise. But he's at least two weeks behind the other WRs so he's gonna have to impress quickly if he wants to see snaps in the regular season. Conservatively, he's got two guys ahead of him - Lazard and Cobb. Realistically it's probably 3 or 4 - Lazard, Cobb, Doubs, and maybe Watkins.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected Tonyan to come off PUP. The pleasant surprise was when the same thing happened to Jenkins. I thought Jenkins might be a week 6-8 start. Anyway, great news. As for Watson, him coming off PUP is not a surprise. But he's at least two weeks behind the other WRs so he's gonna have to impress quickly if he wants to see snaps in the regular season. Conservatively, he's got two guys ahead of him - Lazard and Cobb. Realistically it's probably 3 or 4 - Lazard, Cobb, Doubs, and maybe Watkins.

Doubs in zero way, and as most here know BIG fan, has leap frogged Watkins before the first gate of the season has even opened.

I concur that Watson is behind the eight ball now, but that to me is more with how much action he forced staff to envision for him more than if he is on the 53, which he is safely there. With our double headed backfield, perhaps now a playing Tonyan….snap count wise I predict there will be very little difference snap count wise when we start looking beyond Lazard/Cobb/Watkins barring health issues at least for first portion of the year.

I do think if the team isn’t careful Doubs is going to keep making it tough to not try and give him snaps on offense more and more even when real games start.

I do like the feeling I’m getting of more folks becoming less worried each day we continue seeing Doubs and even others stepping up. It may be a tiny needle moving but still…I think people are seeing the potential that some claimed we were ignorant for claiming.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubs in zero way, and as most here know BIG fan, has leap frogged Watkins before the first gate of the season has even opened.

I concur that Watson is behind the eight ball now, but that to me is more with how much action he forced staff to envision for him more than if he is on the 53, which he is safely there. With our double headed backfield, perhaps now a playing Tonyan….snap count wise I predict there will be very little difference snap count wise when we start looking beyond Lazard/Cobb/Watkins barring health issues at least for first portion of the year.

I do think if the team isn’t careful Doubs is going to keep making it tough to not try and give him snaps on offense more and more even when real games start.

I do like the feeling I’m getting of more folks becoming less worried each day we continue seeing Doubs and even others stepping up. It may be a tiny needle moving but still…I think people are seeing the potential that some claimed we were ignorant for claiming.
Yeah I mean I think it's fair to say I was optimistic early, as you were, while others were being pessimistic about the WR group. That's ok there's plenty of room for opinion on both sides and the true measure is the regular season. But my optimism has only increased. A 4th round pick teeing it up in camp is gonna motivate everyone in that WR group. Nothing wrong with that. And it looks like Tonyan will be playing sooner than expected - and Jenkins. All good signs for the offense.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably as big of a Doubs fan as anyone out here, and I think he's going to be just fine. But he's still learning the reads. Give him time and I think he will have more to offer over a career than Watson. Just a guess here though. He's more of a student of the game, and has the speed and skills that he can utilize.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably as big of a Doubs fan as anyone out here, and I think he's going to be just fine. But he's still learning the reads. Give him time and I think he will have more to offer over a career than Watson. Just a guess here though. He's more of a student of the game, and has the speed and skills that he can utilize.

Watson is just one of those uncoachable traits freaks that we just cannot know till we see what happens. He isn't a DK or a Tyreek type guy, but similar vein in that his ceiling is incredibly high...but his floor is much lower right now till he showcases IF his coachable items and learnable items (reads, routes, angles, footwork and such) can catch up to his ludacris athletic/physical traits that are not coachable.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson is just one of those uncoachable traits freaks that we just cannot know till we see what happens. He isn't a DK or a Tyreek type guy, but similar vein in that his ceiling is incredibly high...but his floor is much lower right now till he showcases IF his coachable items and learnable items (reads, routes, angles, footwork and such) can catch up to his ludacris athletic/physical traits that are not coachable.
Your point is a good one. Watson's attention to details may not be good enough for the Packer system, which depends so strongly on reads at the line of scrimmage, and when the ball is snapped. It's that read that dictates where the receiver should be at a precise time, so Rodgers can throw the ball well before they get there. Will Watson work to become that type of receiver? I hope so. I do believe we're already seeing that in Doubs game.

One thing that I think might change this year. Rodgers may end up with a few more INTs on a percentage basis, than in the past, simply because of the routes not being completed by receivers who are just starting to acclimate themselves to the system.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your point is a good one. Watson's attention to details may not be good enough for the Packer system, which depends so strongly on reads at the line of scrimmage, and when the ball is snapped. It's that read that dictates where the receiver should be at a precise time, so Rodgers can throw the ball well before they get there. Will Watson work to become that type of receiver? I hope so. I do believe we're already seeing that in Doubs game.

One thing that I think might change this year. Rodgers may end up with a few more INTs on a percentage basis, than in the past, simply because of the routes not being completed by receivers who are just starting to acclimate themselves to the system.
Yeah I expect his INT % to go up as well. It's ridiculously low so even a few more picks will stand out. But it's just the price to be paid for having so many new WRs, some just starting their NFL careers. Hopefully that rights itself by mid-season. We know Rodgers doesn't tolerate routes run incorrectly or dropped balls.

Reaction score

Yes. what makes Doubs so intriguing is he essentially buys us time with Watson. We don't need to rush Christian back if we have a Rookie step up in his place (Doubs) So this minor surgery has actually been a relative blessing. I still think we will see plenty of Watson, just maybe not as much the first 1-2 quarters of the season. We thought he was the best WR left that was not a Day 1 lock, so that tells me we expect big things and we will try to get Christian involved on a regular basis sometime this season.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been too enthused about first year WRs. They have so much to learn. Those that come in, and have a reasonably good first year are few and far between. To me, any receiver who can put up 50+ catches, 750+ yards, and 6+ TDs, and has a low drop percentage, is golden. They will earn their keep.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been too enthused about first year WRs. They have so much to learn. Those that come in, and have a reasonably good first year are few and far between. To me, any receiver who can put up 50+ catches, 750+ yards, and 6+ TDs, and has a low drop percentage, is golden. They will earn their keep.

Those numbers are quite a bit higher than a suprise or above expected figures I think of for a WR. Example to me MVS had a rookie year that was freaking awesome way more than I'd have expected (38 Recepts/581 yards/2 TDs) I've always said 20-25 receptions, 200-300 yards and maybe a TD is my expectations for a normal rookie WR....Doubs being as polished as he is I have grown that a touch, but man to expect a rookie to just slide in and do 50/500/5+ is just a lot IMO.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those numbers are quite a bit higher than a suprise or above expected figures I think of for a WR. Example to me MVS had a rookie year that was freaking awesome way more than I'd have expected (38 Recepts/581 yards/2 TDs) I've always said 20-25 receptions, 200-300 yards and maybe a TD is my expectations for a normal rookie WR....Doubs being as polished as he is I have grown that a touch, but man to expect a rookie to just slide in and do 50/500/5+ is just a lot IMO.
I agree. I'm using those figures to distinguish what I think is an elite first year receiver. Not even guys like Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin exceed levels like that.

There's so much to learn, and it takes time.

Reaction score
I’m going to disagree here. Let’s just go back to the last draft and sneak peek at the first 6 WR drafted just last season in consecutive order

5,256 yards 34 TD’s

If your expecting 200-300 yards that’s well into Day 3 guys (or later Day 2 in an entrenched deep WR room)

I predict a Romeo/Watson combo could surpass 900+yards 7TD+ in GB. It’s all about opportunities and when have we ever had a WR room so wide open? In the past our Day 2-3 selections were covered up by entrenched Veterans at the top of the WR room. I think you are shooting low because we’ve recently missed at WR and on top of that they were relatively “buried”

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends on the player and system. There were 3 Rookies off the top of my head in 2021 that met or surpassed those numbers he put out there.
Jaylon Waddle, Devonta Smith, J’Marr Chase. That Rookie group alone put up 3,386 yards and 24 TD

Of course there always are a few that make it happen, however I would argue it is very naive to expect that from a rookie given the majority of all WR rookies don't...ever.

Members online

Latest posts