David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played in GB and then go injured, then called out Dr. McKenzie as having poor judgement. Then got cut and NE picked him up. He played a short while only to fade away forever. That’s how I remember it anyway

Probably. However I think it’s more human nature to tell people mainly the positive stuff. Innately we tend to severely round up our income when we are comparing with others, then severely round it down when the IRS comes a knocking. It’s kinda like that with injuries. Lol

I said the same thing. Then I stopped and pondered it. If I say everybody lies and I am a part of the “everybody’”, Doesn’t that mean that it is quite possible that’s a lie too?
I’m going to stick to “just about everybody lies about just about everything”. That covers me perfectly! :coffee:
Yeah or everybody lies at some point in their life. That's probably accurate. Now some people are pathological liars and will lie even when there is no purpose to it. They usually get elected to a high office, then fade from memory.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
What in the world would be his motive for deceiving everyone? Doesn’t he get paid either way?
Also. If his knee was that bad and he knew he was finished.. why did he just say yesterday it felt normal again? To have them punish it more?

We all say stupid stuff from time to time, I’m probably a forum leader of stupidity as much as the next poster. But Sometimes I judge a post by would the poster have enough conviction to say this stuff to the players face?:coffee:
If his knee is too far gone I would assume the team docs would know about it. I doubt if that is the case they would let him keep playing worsening his knee.

Reaction score
If his knee is too far gone I would assume the team docs would know about it. I doubt if that is the case they would let him keep playing worsening his knee.
Exactly. I’m pretty sure they just don’t know his long term condition yet. A person discussing someone else’s injury status almost doesn’t want to sound too positive or you feel like you jinx the person. You also don’t want to be too negative answering questions or you feel like you’re desiring the person to fail.

I hold the words of the actual injured player in slightly higher regard as far as accuracy. First of all they know themselves real-time, not from discussions that happened days or weeks ago. Bakhtiari said very recently that his knee feels normal again. He also referenced that it did NOT feel normal at any point last season, so it’s obviously improved from 6-7 months ago.

He did offer that he still needs to test it under the rigors of playing live ball. As we all know the best healer is time. I just think the Packers are trying to give him more space before he fully stresses it in order to give him the best probability at returning regularly. It was a nasty injury, but I feel like his chances are 60% of returning to play football at a high level again. Hopefully it’s this season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I’m pretty sure they just don’t know his long term condition yet. A person discussing someone else’s injury status almost doesn’t want to sound too positive or you feel like you jinx the person. You also don’t want to be too negative answering questions or you feel like you’re desiring the person to fail.

I hold the words of the actual injured player in slightly higher regard as far as accuracy. First of all they know themselves real-time, not from discussions that happened days or weeks ago. Bakhtiari said very recently that his knee feels normal again. He also referenced that it did NOT feel normal at any point last season, so it’s obviously improved from 6-7 months ago.

He did offer that he still needs to test it under the rigors of playing live ball. As we all know the best healer is time. I just think the Packers are trying to give him more space before he fully stresses it in order to give him the best probability at returning regularly. It was a nasty injury, but I feel like his chances are 60% of returning to play football at a high level again. Hopefully it’s this season.
I hope you're right. He certainly sounded opyimistic and said his knee feels normal. And I've had problems with my knee, and while I don't know how to explain it, you know when it feels right, and when it doesn't. Sometimes it's apparent. If his knee had fluid on it and that fluid is gone, well that's a very good sign. Sometimes it's psychological. The knee feels right, or it doesn't. It's hard to explain.

Anyway if Bakh and his Drs. thought he might be done, we'd be hearing a different story. When Bakh says he's ready I read that to mean the fluid is gone. Sure hope so.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He played in GB and then go injured, then called out Dr. McKenzie as having poor judgement. Then got cut and NE picked him up. He played a short while only to fade away forever. That’s how I remember it anyway

Probably. However I think it’s more human nature to tell people mainly the positive stuff. Innately we tend to severely round up our income when we are comparing with others, then severely round it down when the IRS comes a knocking. It’s kinda like that with injuries. Lol

I said the same thing. Then I stopped and pondered it. If I say everybody lies and I am a part of the “everybody’”, Doesn’t that mean that it is quite possible that’s a lie too?
I’m going to stick to “just about everybody lies about just about everything”. That covers me perfectly! :coffee:

As I thought
bears, then NE won SB there then here

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
As I thought
bears, then NE won SB there then here

Yeah good stuff. I forgot he had an initial stint. I guess I always saw him as a Bear. Yet the meat of what I said was he two times both teams (see his last season) and obviously knew he was already done and embellished his injury. The guy was injured in GB saying his injury was more severe, then is magically playing in NE several weeks later He really had more Bears player in his blood and acted that exactly that way :sneaky:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

comments like what? David saying his knee feels normal again and much better than last season?

Or no stock into my comments? Lol

I was talking about Bakhtiari's comments. At this point I don't care about anyone saying something about his injury. He needs to get off the PUP list and on the field to justify being optimistic about his return.

2022 will most likely be Nijman Runyan Myers Newman Walker/Rhyan

As far as I know neither Walker nor Rhyan have lined up at right tackle with the #1s in practice so far.

Bakh gets paid big the next 2 years whether he plays or not. You think he isn't working his butt off trying to come back?

Bakhtiari's contract doesn't include any guarantees for the 2023 season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talking about Bakhtiari's comments. At this point I don't care about anyone saying something about his injury. He needs to get off the PUP list and on the field to justify being optimistic about his return.

As far as I know neither Walker nor Rhyan have lined up at right tackle with the #1s in practice so far.

Bakhtiari's contract doesn't include any guarantees for the 2023 season.
There's been almost one year of speculation on Bakh and when he may return. I'll believe it when he starts taking snaps again in regular season games. And even then we have to see who returns - All Pro Bakh or some other version. I'm hoping for the best but hope is not a strategy.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's been almost one year of speculation on Bakh and when he may return. I'll believe it when he starts taking snaps again in regular season games. And even then we have to see who returns - All Pro Bakh or some other version. I'm hoping for the best but hope is not a strategy.
That covers it. I'll believe it when it happens.

Reaction score
We are in a wait n see mode. I don’t think we’ve seen enough one way or the other to make grand long-term type declarations regarding David.

I haven’t seen anyone saying he’s going to be 100% A+ Day 1 regular
However, I will say I’ve seen several posters declaring him career ending. I think that’s just as presumptuous (if not more) as saying he will be perfect Day 1 regular season.

We all really have no choice in the matter but to let his recovery process play itself out. The good news, I believe we are much closer today to having a final determination on David’s status.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are in a wait n see mode. I don’t think we’ve seen enough one way or the other to make grand long-term type declarations regarding David.

I haven’t seen anyone saying he’s going to be 100% A+ Day 1 regular
However, I will say I’ve seen several posters declaring him career ending. I think that’s just as presumptuous (if not more) as saying he will be perfect Day 1 regular season.

We all really have no choice in the matter but to let his recovery process play itself out. The good news, I believe we are much closer today to having a final determination on David’s status.
The history of Bakh's knee would make for a great mystery novel. Here we are, near the end of the book but no closer to knowing what really happened with him. It won't matter if he plays in September.

Reaction score
The history of Bakh's knee would make for a great mystery novel. Here we are, near the end of the book but no closer to knowing what really happened with him. It won't matter if he plays in September.
See now I wholly disagree there (except the Novel part that’s a great idea!:tup:) It matters quite a bit if David is playing in September, particularly if he came in and played 2-3 full consecutive games. It matters from 2 somewhat separate perspectives.

1. Playing ball at his usual level in September would speak to his long term recovery leaning successful (and vice versa) With him already having a substantial contract, it would be the beginning of our solving an enormous monetary puzzle chunk.

2. David’s Solving that 1 Left chunk of the OL this September would send a massive ripple effect that would immediately change the entire dynamics of our Offense. It would also buy us needed time in order to see a return of another vital piece in Elgton Jenkins.

I get that it’s been frustrating though and the terrible timing of his injury made our frustrations exponential. His being gone for 2 postseasons likely cost us a SB visit. However our past or current frustrations have zero impact on his real time health. I would even offer that our emotions (mainly fans) are largely based on the past, which is essentially outdated information, thus we error on the side of non pertinent information. All that really truly matters is where is David at Week 1, regular season and beyond. Can he string several games together without a setback? That would speak volumes, just as much as him playing and disappearing again.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See now I wholly disagree there. It matters quite a bit if David is playing in September, particularly if he came in and played 2-3 full consecutive games. It matters from 2 somewhat separate perspectives.

1. Playing ball at his usual level in September would speak to his long term recovery being leaning successful. With him already having a substantial contract, it would solve an enormous monetary puzzle chunk.

2. David’s Solving that 1 Left chunk of the OL this September would send a massive ripple effect that would immediately change the entire dynamics of our Offense. It would also buy us needed time in order to see a return of another vital piece in Elgton Jenkins.
I read Joe's reply to mean that, if Bak is playing in September, the story wouldn't make any difference.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See now I wholly disagree there (except the Novel part that’s a great idea!:tup:) It matters quite a bit if David is playing in September, particularly if he came in and played 2-3 full consecutive games. It matters from 2 somewhat separate perspectives.

1. Playing ball at his usual level in September would speak to his long term recovery leaning successful (and vice versa) With him already having a substantial contract, it would be the beginning of our solving an enormous monetary puzzle chunk.

I get that it’s been frustrating though and the terrible timing of his injury made our frustrations exponential. His being gone for 2 postseasons likely cost us a SB visit. However our past or current frustrations have zero impact on his real time health. I would even offer that our emotions (mainly fans) are largely based on the past, which is essentially outdated information, thus we error on the side of non pertinent information. All that really truly matters is where is David at Week 1, regular season and beyond. Can he string several games together without a setback? That would speak volumes, just as much as him playing and disappearing again.
I worded that poorly - if he plays in September no one will care what was wrong with the knee.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read Joe's reply to mean that, if Bak is playing in September, the story wouldn't make any difference.
Exactly. Thanks Half Empty. If Bakh plays in September and beyond, no one will care what might have been wrong with his knee.

Reaction score
I worded that poorly - if he plays in September no one will care what was wrong with the knee.
I see now. I read it as a more literal comment. I see what you mean now.

Anyway. My argument took 11.5 minutes. I want that part of my life back ;) :cry:
J/K

Is it Preseason yet?

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree, there's no reason for any long-term declarations about what will happen with Bakhtiari at this point. I understand fans being concerned about his knee considering he hasn't been able to get back on the field in 19 months.

Reaction score
I agree, there's no reason for any long-term declarations about what will happen with Bakhtiari at this point. I understand fans being concerned about his knee considering he hasn't been able to get back on the field in 19 months.
I wish my wife was 10% as concerned about my well being as you are about David’s knee.
I’m sorry.. that was uncalled for!
I owe her a sincere apology! :laugh:

Oh my lord only in football would a group of guys care so much about each other.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bartender! Another round of conviviality for everyone! It's on me!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What in the world would be his motive for deceiving everyone? Doesn’t he get paid either way?
Where did I say he is deceiving anyone? Right, he gets paid, and I would do the same if I were him and milk the money.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakh gets paid big the next 2 years whether he plays or not. You think he isn't working his butt off trying to come back?
No, I didn't say that either. I'm sure he is rehabbing as much as possible. The Packers' training staff is making sure of that. Bakh must be frustrated. I wish the league would make it possible to pay guys with career ending injuries and not have to count against the cap.

Reaction score
Where did I say he is deceiving anyone? Right, he gets paid, and I would do the same if I were him and milk the money.
I responded to your initial assertion that David is milking the situation in his defense is all. Not to be confrontational with you.
You’ll see below that using that phrase often denotes some form of deception (sneaky) or taking advantage of a general situation. His paycheck is guaranteed for now, but missing games will only diminish his long term value.

I Might even hazard a guess that this has hurt him both monetarily and emotionally. He’s not been able to help his teammates win a Championship. I feel bad for the guy, he’s trying everything possible to save his career and that’s admirable.

It sounds like you didn’t intend it that way though, which is good

milk someone/something for something​

If someone milks someone or something for something, they try to get an advantage or something valuable from them, often in an unfair way. Note: `Spilled' can also be spelled `spilt' in British English. They want to capture the market share now and milk it for profits later. He had everyone's attention now and he milked the situation for as much drama as he could get away with.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts