David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
"There is truth, and there is perceived truth, but no matter what, there is truth, nothing else. Everything else would be a lie, or conjecture at best."

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

- J. Michael Straczynski

This, along with the Twain lies quote everyone has heard of.

weigh north of 300 lbs
Apropos spell check correction

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This, along with the Twain lies quote everyone has heard of.

Apropos spell check correction
Poppa what correction is needed? "weigh north of 300 lbs." I suppose this could be replaced with "weigh more that 300 lbs." But I don't see a spelling error. ???

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The one sign of a good Bakh is no Dennis Kelly type signing has occurred. Something which you would think we for sure would do given our salary cap space and that would present a need for sure.
Agree. Honestly, I want Bahk back, but the Packers went 13-3 without him and lost the one game he played (tongue firmly in cheek). Would the OL be better with a fully functional Bahk? Most definitely, can they play pretty good without him? See 2021. With or without Bahk, I am pretty excited about our OL and behind QB and RB's, it is the least of my worries on offense.

Was a mistake on my part

i normally verify this stuff

I apologize
I'm going to suggest to Shaggy that you get docked 1 days pay for this. However, I will further suggest that the bonus I recommended for you, should still be paid! :roflmao:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. Honestly, I want Bahk back, but the Packers went 13-3 without him and lost the one game he played (tongue firmly in cheek). Would the OL be better with a fully functional Bahk? Most definitely, can they play pretty good without him? See 2021. With or without Bahk, I am pretty excited about our OL and behind QB and RB's, it is the least of my worries on offense.

I'm going to suggest to Shaggy that you get docked 1 days pay for this. However, I will further suggest that the bonus I recommended for you, should still be paid! :roflmao:

This year is different, last year you had Turner as part of the answer. That is the main reason I am hopeful that no signing of an experienced FA is a golden sign they fully expect Bakh to hold down the LT position.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks OldSchool. Well at least we now have a verifiable and current article on Bakhtiari's status. We've all been kind of guessing. I think what we knew was that MLF was holding him out through mini camp. Now it sounds like there's uncertainty around his participation in TC. Oh well, not much to do but wait. Very strange though.

Reaction score
Thanks OldSchool. Well at least we now have a verifiable and current article on Bakhtiari's status. We've all been kind of guessing. I think what we knew was that MLF was holding him out through mini camp. Now it sounds like there's uncertainty around his participation in TC. Oh well, not much to do but wait. Very strange though.
yw.
I’m not superstitious but I’d be like Matt. I wouldn’t want to make firm declarations about rehab status. If the player had a setback they’d come after Matt like ravenous wolves.

There’s really no guarantees in life. For me the second I guarantee someone something? All hell breaks loose. I kinda don’t blame Matt for remaining somewhat vague.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yw.
I’m not superstitious but I’d be like Matt. I wouldn’t want to make firm declarations about rehab status. If the player had a setback they’d come after Matt like ravenous wolves.

There’s really no guarantees in life. For me the second I guarantee someone something? All hell breaks loose. I kinda don’t blame Matt for remaining somewhat vague.
Absolutely. These guys seem to get injured at the worse time in the strangest ways. Remember OBJ in the SB. I'm pretty sure no one touched him other than the artificial turf. Something seems amiss with Bakh. Or, MLF has nothing to lose by playing it safe, holding him out until TC, and saying next to nothing about his condition.

If he shows up fine at the start of training camp, or if it turns out his injury isn't healing, he can say "I told you so" in either case. He's not being deceptive. He's just not giving the press anything that could backfire on him. That's smart.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knee injuries are tricky. Return too soon, and you blow it out again, and it's worse. Probably career ending. Ask my #2 son, who recovered from the first after working his rear off, but when the same knee was injured again, it was all over. Football ended up in his rear view mirror.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knee injuries are tricky. Return too soon, and you blow it out again, and it's worse. Probably career ending. Ask my #2 son, who recovered from the first after working his rear off, but when the same knee was injured again, it was all over. Football ended up in his rear view mirror.
That's a shame about your son, especially for a young guy. I just had my knee replaced, and that procedure has a better outcome than ACL repairs.

It's hard because the surgeon has to rebuild the ACL using a ligament from a cadaver or another part of the body. If it isn't done exactly right, it won't heal properly and will tear again, or just not function properly. And it's not possible to monitor how a new ACL is "taking". MRIs aren't that reliable. You find out when you test it.

I'm sorry about your son. I was a marathon runner for years before they had to remove my meniscus and give me the news my running days were over. But your son is young and obviously committed. He'll find something else.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we all know the script for this one:

1. LaFleur will not commit to anything, because as he said, he was optimistic last season but that didn't work out
2. The coaching and medical staff will be cautious, slowly letting Bahktiari do more and more as training camp progresses
3. Either he will handle it well, or will have another setback at which point the Packers will likely need to move on.

Bahktiari, much beloved and clearly a better player, is possibly entering Justin Harrell territory.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This year is different, last year you had Turner as part of the answer. That is the main reason I am hopeful that no signing of an experienced FA is a golden sign they fully expect Bakh to hold down the LT position.
Even with the loss of Turner and Patrick, I am more confident in the current OL and that is even with Jenkins sidelined for half the season. I like what Gute and the coaches have done and I am confident that we will have Bahk back in Sept. Further, in the event he or another player go down, the Packers will use their next man up mentality and like last year, they will be just fine.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with the loss of Turner and Patrick, I am more confident in the current OL and that is even with Jenkins sidelined for half the season. I like what Gute and the coaches have done and I am confident that we will have Bahk back in Sept. Further, in the event he or another player go down, the Packers will use their next man up mentality and like last year, they will be just fine.

Myers staying healthy is massively important IMO.

But yes in the end we essentially are "better" one can easily say. Newman entering a sophomore season after being thrown in the deep end big time....Yosh proved to himself and the league what he might be and can build on it. Runyon finally has a normal full off season (Covid draftee) and now add in Tom, Rhyan and Walker to the mix and another year for a guy like Van Lanen (and Hanson even sounds like is clicking finally).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Myers staying healthy is massively important IMO.

But yes in the end we essentially are "better" one can easily say. Newman entering a sophomore season after being thrown in the deep end big time....Yosh proved to himself and the league what he might be and can build on it. Runyon finally has a normal full off season (Covid draftee) and now add in Tom, Rhyan and Walker to the mix and another year for a guy like Van Lanen (and Hanson even sounds like is clicking finally).
Yup and hopefully add back Bahk and eventually Jenkins and we are stacked on the OL pretty well. I liked Billy T and I think it was a good signing at the time, but it was time to move on from him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Especially in cases where they are individual responses to dozens of posts (and posters) all at once and very little facts but more narrative opinionated. @captainWIMM (so I’m not talking behind his back out of respect) is the only one who does that on a regular basis and while I value him as a member (and I actually do that might surprise folks! ;))…. It’s only fair to challenge and debate and Keep the machine gun honest.. I find often we get blanks and were wasting ammo.

I value each of you, but I’m still going to fact check and hold opinion to standard, just like Captain does with us.

The reason I quote and response to several posts at once is me getting up here in the morning and reading a ton of posts that have been made while I was sleeping.

Most of the other posters living in the same tine zone makes it easier for you to reply to only one once it's posted.

The one sign of a good Bakh is no Dennis Kelly type signing has occurred. Something which you would think we for sure would do given our salary cap space and that would present a need for sure.

That doesn't make me more optimistic about Bakhtiari as the Packers could sign a veteran in a heartbeat before the start of training camp if he doesn't pass his physical.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a shame about your son, especially for a young guy. I just had my knee replaced, and that procedure has a better outcome than ACL repairs.

It's hard because the surgeon has to rebuild the ACL using a ligament from a cadaver or another part of the body. If it isn't done exactly right, it won't heal properly and will tear again, or just not function properly. And it's not possible to monitor how a new ACL is "taking". MRIs aren't that reliable. You find out when you test it.

I'm sorry about your son. I was a marathon runner for years before they had to remove my meniscus and give me the news my running days were over. But your son is young and obviously committed. He'll find something else.
I'm sorry for your problems, but thankful that the replacement worked out okay. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been giving up long distance running, considering the dedication to working towards doing marathons has to be. The endless hours of running, the diet needing to be precise, and the mindset that allows you to gauge yourself to insure completing each event. I don't think people truly understand what it takes.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your problems, but thankful that the replacement worked out okay. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been giving up long distance running, considering the dedication to working towards doing marathons has to be. The endless hours of running, the diet needing to be precise, and the mindset that allows you to gauge yourself to insure completing each event. I don't think people truly understand what it takes.
Thanks Voyageur for your kind words. As I hope your son will find, we move on to other things when one path closes. What can't be taken away is the determination. He'll find something else to excel at.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
yw.

Fans don't need to know any specifics on it. No gain to the team in disclosing in-house info.

Reaction score
We were smart to draft 3 OL. That increases our success probability meter. If 1 of our presumed starters goes down (or stays down) there will be several viable options. Obviously. not at proven All-Pro level, but likely at least serviceable.
Injuries are a terrible thing. However one good thing that comes out of the injury mire is that players that would otherwise be relegated to the bench get lots of experience. When they get pushed into duty on short notice they’ve already a feel for the game.

As bad as it is at OL. We will have several guys with multiple games of live experience waiting in the shadows.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we all know the script for this one:

1. LaFleur will not commit to anything, because as he said, he was optimistic last season but that didn't work out
2. The coaching and medical staff will be cautious, slowly letting Bahktiari do more and more as training camp progresses
3. Either he will handle it well, or will have another setback at which point the Packers will likely need to move on.

Bahktiari, much beloved and clearly a better player, is possibly entering Justin Harrell territory.
It's not something I like to think about, but I agree. If Bakh can't play this year, it's likely and sadly the end of the road.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm officially in pessimist mode. 18 months post ACL surgery, turns 31 in September, just got married with a kid on the way. Gute has paid him over $41mil, so far, & he's played a couple of quarters of actual game. At least Nijman & Sean Rhyan (or Zach Tom) can start TC at tackle & be ready for '22.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm officially in pessimist mode. 18 months post ACL surgery, turns 31 in September, just got married with a kid on the way. Gute has paid him over $41mil, so far, & he's played a couple of quarters of actual game. At least Nijman & Sean Rhyan can start TC at tackle & be ready for '22.
Well pessimist mode is appropriate. If he's still rehabbing that knee when TC opens next week - well that's bad, bad news.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts